Same rules, no exceptions...

RahimAsif

Sep 24, 2011, 10:15:33 PM9/24/11
Djokovic's dominance of Nadal has overtaken anything Nadal himself
achieved over Federer. Nadal looks completely helpless against the
Djoker, and you get the feeling that unless Djokovic makes unforced
errors, Nadal has a tough time to win points and games, let alone sets
and matches. Unless Nadal turns it around in a big way, based on the
evidence of this year, it would be laughable to claim he is a "better"
player than Djokovic. Greater for sure (10 slams vs 4), but not
"better". Almost exactly the same situation that Federer found himself
against Nadal. The only thing that Nadal has in his favor unlike Fed
vs Nadal is that he still leads the overall h2h (16-13) and the slam
h2h (5-2). But given how easily Djokovic has manhandled Nadal on ALL
surfaces this year, that won't be true for long...

jdeluise

Sep 24, 2011, 10:27:19 PM9/24/11
On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 19:15:33 -0700 (PDT), RahimAsif
<Rahi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The only thing that Nadal has in his favor unlike Fed
> vs Nadal is that he still leads the overall h2h (16-13) and the slam
> h2h (5-2). But given how easily Djokovic has manhandled Nadal on ALL
> surfaces this year, that won't be true for long...

Isn't that a pretty big difference for a H2H proponent such as
yourself?

RahimAsif

Sep 24, 2011, 10:30:57 PM9/24/11
On Sep 24, 9:27 pm, jdeluise <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 19:15:33 -0700 (PDT), RahimAsif
>
> <RahimA...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > The only thing that Nadal has in his favor unlike Fed
> > vs Nadal is that he still leads the overall h2h (16-13) and the slam
> > h2h (5-2). But given how easily Djokovic has manhandled Nadal on ALL
> > surfaces this year, that won't be true for long...
>
> Isn't that a pretty big difference for a H2H proponent such as
> yourself?

The trend is not looking good for Nadal - his defeats are becoming way
too predictable to Djokovic. By my counting he won a grand total of 4
sets in 6 meetings - so he is roughly winning a set every other match.
At the moment, Djokovic looks clearly the better player, regardless of
the surface...

felangey

Sep 24, 2011, 11:11:40 PM9/24/11
Hi Whis....I mean RahimAsif.

Not surprised to see you back....your team boys have been taking a hiding! I
am not sure that this is the strictest meaning of the "divide and conquer"
rule though. I think it means divide the enemy....not your personality or
the contents of your sock drawer! Your diligence is noted however.

Sakari Lund

Sep 25, 2011, 11:26:45 AM9/25/11
On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 19:15:33 -0700 (PDT), RahimAsif
<Rahi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

So what is you conclusion? Djokovic is better than Nadal who is better
than Federer? But what about Fed - Djok comparison?

Iceberg

Sep 25, 2011, 5:08:23 PM9/25/11
so what that is this year, if Djoker gets rumbled for taking his
'gluten free' diet, what happens then.

kaennorsing

Sep 26, 2011, 7:24:19 AM9/26/11
On 25 sep, 17:26, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 19:15:33 -0700 (PDT), RahimAsif

Too complicated to really explain in detail, but basically Djoker is
much, much, much better. This is obvious, as you say given
Djoker>>>Rafa>>Fed... Comparing slams, other trophies, wks at #1 and
their h2h is therefore completely unnecessary for the Djoke/Fed
comparison.

:-)