How many seeds left in the women's draw except the Williamses?

soccerfan777

May 31, 2016, 4:05:26 PM5/31/16
Are all of them gone? Just wondering. Halep and Radwanska are out as well.

Court_1

May 31, 2016, 4:20:41 PM5/31/16
On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 4:05:26 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:
> Are all of them gone? Just wondering. Halep and Radwanska are out as well.

Is it too hard for you to look at a draw? Besides Venus and Serena, the seeded players left are:

Stosur (21)
Muguruza (4)
Svitolina (18)
Suarez Navarro (12)
Keys (15)
BACSINSZKY (8)

soccerfan777

May 31, 2016, 5:14:03 PM5/31/16
On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 3:20:41 PM UTC-5, Court_1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 4:05:26 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:
> > Are all of them gone? Just wondering. Halep and Radwanska are out as well.
>
> Is it too hard for you to look at a draw?

Considering the state of the WTA, I have about zero interest...

>Besides Venus and Serena, the seeded players left are:
>
> Stosur (21)
> Muguruza (4)
> Svitolina (18)
> Suarez Navarro (12)
> Keys (15)
> BACSINSZKY (8)

Which one of these you think is stopping Serena? How about none? Except Muguruza and Stosur, has anybody else ever beaten Serena? I think not.

Court_1

May 31, 2016, 6:31:14 PM5/31/16
On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 5:14:03 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:

> >Besides Venus and Serena, the seeded players left are:
> >
> > Stosur (21)
> > Muguruza (4)
> > Svitolina (18)
> > Suarez Navarro (12)
> > Keys (15)
> > BACSINSZKY (8)
>
> Which one of these you think is stopping Serena? How about none? Except Muguruza and Stosur, has anybody else ever beaten Serena? I think not.

Probably none of them will stop Serena but I've thought that before and been wrong. I don't think Svitolina or Suarez Navarro in particular will be the ones to stop her though.

DavidW

May 31, 2016, 9:13:59 PM5/31/16
Stosur can beat anyone if she keeps playing like she did today. Halep
wasn't playing badly but couldn't handle Stosur's power and was crushed.

ahonkan

Jun 1, 2016, 1:54:50 AM6/1/16
Agree. Stoza is a respectable 3-8 vs SW and is 2-1 in slams. She beat SW
at FO & USO and lost at AO although all 3 matches were 5 yrs ago. Stoza
did a Kevin Curran at the FO - beat Henin, SW & Jankovic in a row but
lost to Schiavone in F (Curran beat Connors & Mac only to lose to Becker).
She is perhaps the most talented woman player to not win a GS.

Stoza - Safarova was a very good match. Safarova is 8-3 vs Stoza and had
just beaten her 3 weeks ago on clay. Stoza has a very good serve too.
When she is on, she can beat anyone.

Ted Schuerzinger

Jun 1, 2016, 5:30:37 AM6/1/16
On Tue, 31 May 2016 22:54:48 -0700 (PDT), ahonkan wrote:

> Stoza is a respectable 3-8 vs SW and is 2-1 in slams. She beat SW at
> FO & USO and lost at AO although all 3 matches were 5 yrs ago. Stoza
> did a Kevin Curran at the FO - beat Henin, SW & Jankovic in a row but
> lost to Schiavone in F (Curran beat Connors & Mac only to lose to
> Becker). She is perhaps the most talented woman player to not win a
> GS.

Somebody forgets Serena Williams blowing up at Eva Asderaki....

--
Ted S.
fedya at hughes dot net

Court_1

Jun 1, 2016, 6:25:05 AM6/1/16
On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 9:13:59 PM UTC-4, DavidW wrote:

> Stosur can beat anyone if she keeps playing like she did today.

Yes. The heavy slow conditions appear to be good for her. With Stosur you never know what you are going to get. She is like the Wawrinka of the WTA--a flake one day and can be on fire the next. It would be nice to see her win this FO after her 2010 FO where she beat Henin and Serena only to lose in that final to Schiavone.

> Halep wasn't playing badly but couldn't handle Stosur's power and was crushed.

What else is new with Halep? She always seems to be overpowered and if she is, she has no alternate plan.

stephenJ

Jun 1, 2016, 8:13:46 AM6/1/16
On 5/31/2016 4:14 PM, soccerfan777 wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 3:20:41 PM UTC-5, Court_1 wrote:
>> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 4:05:26 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:
>>> Are all of them gone? Just wondering. Halep and Radwanska are out as well.
>>
>> Is it too hard for you to look at a draw?
>
> Considering the state of the WTA, I have about zero interest...

So WTF are you blathering on about the seeds for, rajarocker?

---