Federer needs to consider using a larger-frame racket

Superdave

Apr 23, 2011, 1:40:51 AM4/23/11

TT

Apr 23, 2011, 3:22:13 AM4/23/11
23.4.2011 8:40, Superdave kirjoitti:
> http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b94CZ

Of course. But he will still be beaten by Nadal and Djokovic.

only human

Apr 23, 2011, 6:32:39 AM4/23/11

Federer said if he has to change the tension or his long used racket to
get more power to stay in the game he will
do that. so no worries. Fed is well aware
of changes he may have to make.

Patrick Kehoe

Apr 23, 2011, 11:58:49 AM4/23/11

Of course Federer should make the change and go to those triangular
strings... then he can hit the shit out of every ball just like
everyone he has to play against... he's being a stubborn idiot if he
doesn't... why limit yourself? IFFFFFFFFFFFFF using the larger head
translates into hitting consistency and power FOR HIM in TOURNAMENT
PLAY... that's the BIG IF... certainly should... he should play the
clay court swing with it an see how it goes... since he doesn't REALLY
hunger for clay results outside of winning a Paris final...

But he's a stubborn guy... he's now locking himself into the recent
past of his just transpired greatness, as greats in sports do... a
very select few make the necessary changes at the right time to find
again a late autumn of singularity... can Federer? Or is Annacone
finding out that, in fact, Federer coaches himself, and all his
'coaches' are really there to do is schedule his hits, be there to
chat and pass the time with some meta-tactics and generally fill out
his entourage??? We will see if Feds can find anything over the
balance of 2011 and 2012... and if so, how much and at what events...
Just how valuable will Annacone prove to be for Federer???

felangey

Apr 23, 2011, 12:25:49 PM4/23/11
>he's now locking himself into the recent past of his just transpired
>greatness<

His whizzywhatnow? :)

Patrick Kehoe

Apr 23, 2011, 12:44:15 PM4/23/11

YES :))))

Will he get himself out?

Dumbledore is dead after all... "I knew Dumbledore. Dumbledore was a
friend of mine. Annacone, you are no Dumbledore!"

We shall see...

uly...@mscomm.com

Apr 23, 2011, 2:10:53 PM4/23/11
Remember when Jose Higueras was Fed's very short-lived "coach" in '07
or '08? He gently advocated Fed change his string tension then, at
least on clay. Federer didn't listen.

TennisGuy

Apr 23, 2011, 2:32:46 PM4/23/11
On Apr 23, 11:58 am, Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> wrote:

> But he's a stubborn guy... he's now locking himself into the recent
> past of his just transpired greatness, as greats in sports do... a
> very select few make the necessary changes at the right time to find
> again a late autumn of singularity... can Federer?

Very Katya-esque. :)

Patrick Kehoe

Apr 23, 2011, 3:27:11 PM4/23/11

She'd have to be Kehoe-esque, can't be the other way around...
"Honestly officer, I've never seen that woman in my life!!

GOYLE

Apr 23, 2011, 3:29:38 PM4/23/11

I remember it, when Federer was on this major campaign, would do about
anything to win FO so he could have wins on all 4 surfaces. The funny
thing was, after he about gave up on trying so hard to win the FO then
come 09 he wins.

uly...@mscomm.com

Apr 23, 2011, 3:39:10 PM4/23/11
Fed didn't listen to Tony Roche either, though in fairness, he was
peak Fed then and probably didn't think he need to listen to anybody.
Roche suggested Fed ever-so-slightly change his BH volley grip... he
didn't listen. And Roche has one of the greatest-ever BH volleys.

Superdave

Apr 23, 2011, 10:00:53 PM4/23/11

as his semen runs down her leg ....

kaennorsing

Apr 24, 2011, 6:20:35 AM4/24/11

Not sure what you heard, but I've heard Fed say he always changes his
tension for clay.... That's not as radical as changing head size
though, which may be beneficial for his clay game but detrimental to
his overall or fast court game.