Federer routs Nadal

Scott

Nov 22, 2011, 7:57:37 PM11/22/11
http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news;_ylt=AvR9A6cdyRiLTDVRa3IQRgQ4v7YF?slug=ap-atpfinals

Federer took exactly 1 hour to win 6-3, 6-0 and qualify for the
semifinals of the ATP World Tour Finals on Tuesday in his most
comprehensive victory over the Spaniard.

Pinned behind the baseline, Nadal found Federer’s forehand unplayable.
From 2-2 in the first set, Federer won 10 of the next 11 games. He
finished with 28 winners to Nadal’s four.

“It was a great match for me basically from start to finish,” said
Federer, who broke down in tears after losing to Nadal in the 2009
Australian Open final but had no issues on Tuesday at the O2 Arena. “I
was able to do what I was hoping to do: dominate from the baseline,
play close to the baseline, serve well, take his time away.”

Ulysses

Nov 22, 2011, 8:01:49 PM11/22/11
I hope they play again in the final. Federer will wipe the court again
with him. He made Rafa look like total garbage today as Nadal was
helpless from first ball to the last. Beautiful to behold.

Scott

Nov 22, 2011, 8:05:47 PM11/22/11
last year they went three sets in the final. Who knows, maybe
Mallorcan Topspin will return.

ca1houn

Nov 22, 2011, 8:47:49 PM11/22/11
On Nov 22, 4:57 pm, Scott <scott...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news;_ylt=AvR9A6cdyRiLTDVRa3IQRgQ4v7YF...
>
> Federer took exactly 1 hour to win 6-3, 6-0 and qualify for the
> semifinals of the ATP World Tour Finals on Tuesday in his most
> comprehensive victory over the Spaniard.
>
> Pinned behind the baseline, Nadal found Federer’s forehand unplayable.
> From 2-2 in the first set, Federer won 10 of the next 11 games. He
> finished with 28 winners to Nadal’s four.
>
> “It was a great match for me basically from start to finish,” said
> Federer, who broke down in tears after losing to Nadal in the 2009
> Australian Open final but had no issues on Tuesday at the O2 Arena. “I
> was able to do what I was hoping to do: dominate from the baseline,
> play close to the baseline, serve well, take his time away.”

Lol damn there bring up 2009 event, what kind of shitty reporting is
this

jdeluise

Nov 22, 2011, 8:51:39 PM11/22/11

On 22-Nov-2011, ca1houn <vaget...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Lol damn there bring up 2009 event, what kind of shitty reporting is
> this

I posted about that a little earlier too. Notice the name of the writer?
Guess they wanted to see who would "take the bait" :)

ca1houn

Nov 22, 2011, 9:36:40 PM11/22/11
On Nov 22, 5:51 pm, "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22-Nov-2011, ca1houn <vageta95...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Lol damn there bring up 2009 event, what kind of shitty reporting is
> > this
>
> I posted about that a little earlier too.  Notice the name of the writer?
> Guess they wanted to see who would "take the bait" :)

Funny thing is 2009 was probably Federer fondest year wining the
French and Wimbledon combo

DavidW

Nov 22, 2011, 10:12:07 PM11/22/11
Just plain shitty.

Superdave

Nov 22, 2011, 10:24:46 PM11/22/11
everything involving the presence of nadal has some shit in it because he never
stops picking his famous ass.

TT

Nov 23, 2011, 5:13:27 AM11/23/11
23.11.2011 3:47, ca1houn kirjoitti:

> Lol damn there bring up 2009 event, what kind of shitty reporting is
> this

First thing first, round robin matches after that.

TT

Nov 23, 2011, 5:16:31 AM11/23/11
This is perfectly normal reporting - especially when Fed is on the
receiving end.

I believe the point was to say that Nadal dominates their rivalry.

Sakari Lund

Nov 23, 2011, 7:32:13 AM11/23/11
On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:01:49 -0800 (PST), Ulysses <uly...@mscomm.com>
wrote:

>I hope they play again in the final. Federer will wipe the court again
>with him. He made Rafa look like total garbage today as Nadal was
>helpless from first ball to the last. Beautiful to behold.

Not going to happen. Rafa would have to first beat Tsonga, and then
his semi against probably Djokovic.

Superdave

Nov 23, 2011, 7:38:10 AM11/23/11
yeah i know but i can still be hopeful even if Rafa is incompetent.