Thiem is just a more entertaining Dimitrov

The Iceberg

Jul 11, 2017, 12:12:14 PM7/11/17
Forgot to say this yday, old Birdman took out Thiem, quite straight-forwardly if we're honest, despite it being 5 sets. I reckon Thiem is just a more entertaining version of Dimitrov, the chances of him getting to a slam final are zero, a bit like Nishi really. Have long said it's cos he puts so much effort into every shot and so he can't last that long. Find it a shame, as I like watching him play. Anyone agree/disagree with this?

SliceAndDice

Jul 11, 2017, 12:28:54 PM7/11/17
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 12:12:14 PM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
> Forgot to say this yday, old Birdman took out Thiem, quite straight-forwardly if we're honest, despite it being 5 sets. I reckon Thiem is just a more entertaining version of Dimitrov, the chances of him getting to a slam final are zero, a bit like Nishi really. Have long said it's cos he puts so much effort into every shot and so he can't last that long. Find it a shame, as I like watching him play. Anyone agree/disagree with this?

Nishi has already been to a slam final.
Thiem is getting to a French Open final at some point. Grass isn't really his surface.

soccerfan777

Jul 11, 2017, 12:36:59 PM7/11/17
Thiem has a huge back swing. He will AO or FO one day

me

Jul 11, 2017, 1:07:55 PM7/11/17
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 5:12:14 PM UTC+1, The Iceberg wrote:
> Forgot to say this yday, old Birdman took out Thiem, quite straight-forwardly if we're honest, despite it being 5 sets. I reckon Thiem is just a more entertaining version of Dimitrov, the chances of him getting to a slam final are zero, a bit like Nishi really. Have long said it's cos he puts so much effort into every shot and so he can't last that long. Find it a shame, as I like watching him play. Anyone agree/disagree with this?

Dimitrov has far more efficient strokes and a greater variety and feel. Thiem is much more of a fighter though. Thiem has a great chance to win AO or FO at some point over the next decade. Wimbledon is not suited to his huge swings though. Dimitrov is a huge waste of talent. A more athletic version of Federer, yet has achieved nothing.

The Iceberg

Jul 11, 2017, 1:19:53 PM7/11/17
I a bit confused upon what this based on. What has Thiem done to make you reckon any of this? he lost to little Goffin at the AO?

kaennorsing

Jul 12, 2017, 4:12:47 AM7/12/17
Op dinsdag 11 juli 2017 19:07:55 UTC+2 schreef me:
> On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 5:12:14 PM UTC+1, The Iceberg wrote:
> > Forgot to say this yday, old Birdman took out Thiem, quite straight-forwardly if we're honest, despite it being 5 sets. I reckon Thiem is just a more entertaining version of Dimitrov, the chances of him getting to a slam final are zero, a bit like Nishi really. Have long said it's cos he puts so much effort into every shot and so he can't last that long. Find it a shame, as I like watching him play. Anyone agree/disagree with this?
>
> Dimitrov has far more efficient strokes and a greater variety and feel. Thiem is much more of a fighter though. Thiem has a great chance to win AO or FO at some point over the next decade. Wimbledon is not suited to his huge swings though. Dimitrov is a huge waste of talent. A more athletic version of Federer, yet has achieved nothing.

What makes you think Dimitrov is more athletic than Federer?