Roger Federer: Twentieth grand slam title at US Open would be 'a joke' - CNN.com

PeteWasLucky

Jul 17, 2017, 3:34:17 PM7/17/17
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/17/sport/federer-wimbledon-us-open-
grand-slam-twenty/index.html
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 17, 2017, 3:42:29 PM7/17/17
On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 9:34:17 PM UTC+2, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/17/sport/federer-wimbledon-us-open-
> grand-slam-twenty/index.html
> --

Sounds funny in English, doesn't it?
I'm quite sure he said in German "Das wäre ein Witz."
Witz = joke

A little bit like the English use of "ridiculous". "He was in ridiculous form this week." Meaning "in great form", but not anything to actually laugh about.

"Das wäre ein Witz" means that it would be incredible, absolutely "insane"!

Max

PeteWasLucky

Jul 17, 2017, 4:00:30 PM7/17/17
>Sounds funny in English, doesn't it?
I'm quite sure he said in German "Das wäre ein Witz."
Witz = joke

A little bit like the English use of "ridiculous". "He was in ridiculous form this week." Meaning "in great form", but not anything to actually laugh about.

"Das wäre ein Witz" means that it would be incredible, absolutely "insane"!

Makes sense, good post.

Guypers

Jul 17, 2017, 4:06:22 PM7/17/17
His interviews in swiss-german sound pretty weird!

soccerfan777

Jul 17, 2017, 4:19:27 PM7/17/17
Swiss German is pretty weird.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 17, 2017, 4:32:26 PM7/17/17
Yes, almost as funny as some Texans trying to speak English. Butchering the language ...

Max

Garvin Yee

Jul 18, 2017, 12:52:23 AM7/18/17
On 7/17/2017 12:34 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/17/sport/federer-wimbledon-us-open-
> grand-slam-twenty/index.html

That wouldn't be "a joke," it would be an incredible
achievement.

--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34735015@N03/sets/72157623566520134/

http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/garvin+yee/all

https://www.facebook.com/garvin.yee.37

The Iceberg

Jul 18, 2017, 5:15:14 AM7/18/17
On Monday, 17 July 2017 20:34:17 UTC+1, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/17/sport/federer-wimbledon-us-open-
> grand-slam-twenty/index.html

CNN LOL

Manuel aka Xax

Jul 18, 2017, 7:44:46 AM7/18/17
Le lundi 17 juillet 2017 22:19:27 UTC+2, soccerfan777 a écrit :
> Swiss German is pretty weird.

:-)

Manuel aka Xax

Jul 18, 2017, 7:45:04 AM7/18/17