challenge: a rule needs to change

PeteWasLucky

Jul 15, 2017, 11:01:38 AM7/15/17
One player hits the baseline and the other player hits the ball either back in play or misses it but the linesman screams that the ball was out. The umpire overrules and calls the ball in and to replay the point. Now the player on the baseline that the ball landed on decides to challenge the ball, and the challenge shows the ball in and nothing happens other than replaying the point.
There should be a new rule: if the challenge shows the ball in, that player made the challenge loses the point.
What's the purpose of challenging it except the player believed the ball to be out and would have challenged it anyway if the linesman didn't call it out.

Gracchus

Jul 15, 2017, 11:04:44 AM7/15/17
There must have been a more concise way to word this post. I'll read it again after I have my coffee. :)

PeteWasLucky

Jul 15, 2017, 11:10:16 AM7/15/17
If a player stops play to challenge a ball and his challenge was bad, he loses the point.

But if play was stopped by the linesman and umpire overruled it, the player can challenge and won't lose the point if wrong, why?

Needs to change.

Darkfalz

Jul 15, 2017, 5:24:29 PM7/15/17
Has this happened?