US tennis announcers are so bloody dumb!

only human

Oct 25, 2011, 3:11:57 PM10/25/11

How is it that our US tennis announcers still don't know. or don't
remember how the rr play works? this has been around for ages. curious
for those living outside the US watching the wta championships on tv.
have any of your tennis announcers said their not quite sure how the rr
format works? it never ceases to amaze me how dumb or forgetful our
announcers for tennis are here. just makes me want to throw my tv out
the window sometimes when i hear these morons. its bad enough when they
talk too much during play. but when you add in their dumb comments its
just too much. and i usually end up turning the channel.

smi...@yahoo.com

Oct 25, 2011, 4:58:34 PM10/25/11
It's bad for the game to contribute to misunderstanding, especially
with RR play. Sometimes, I think the network producers
just let the announcers ramble on. McEnroe was doing something similar
a few years ago, wondering why all of the
Russian womens' names ended in "ova". Another announcer finally got
him to shut up, but he sounded so dumb.

dik...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2011, 4:57:04 AM10/27/11
I don't think that it's limited to only US announcers as some of the
Brits are just as bad at calling the matches and at least one of them
of Asian descent was a former top tennis player but can really get it
all wrong!

only human

Nov 1, 2011, 10:25:31 PM11/1/11

The aussies are the best tennis commentaters bar none. many seem to also
like the UK ones as well. but i find them to be boring. they are like
the aussies. but without the personaility.

Superdave

Nov 1, 2011, 11:04:02 PM11/1/11
I like Vijay Armatraj the best.