OT: Fuel prices...UK break £6 per imperial gallon (just over $8 per US gallon)

felangey

Mar 11, 2011, 8:55:20 PM3/11/11
Getting a bit scary at the pumps. What's it like where you are?

PeteWasLucky

Mar 11, 2011, 11:59:01 PM3/11/11
On Mar 11, 8:55 pm, "felangey" <o...@cloudnine.com> wrote:
> Getting a bit scary at the pumps. What's it like where you are?

Oil going higher will slow down the economy and this will reduce the
demand triggering a reverse trend in price.

Manuel aka Xax

Mar 12, 2011, 12:12:23 PM3/12/11
On 12 mar, 02:55, "felangey" <o...@cloudnine.com> wrote:
> Getting a bit scary at the pumps. What's it like where you are?

In France it's quite expensive too, for quite a long time now.
Cheapest oil (diesel) was a bit above 1€ euro per litre 3 or 4 years
ago, now near 1.5€ euro.
Yep, that's a pretty 45 to 50% rise during less than 4 years.

m4816k

Mar 13, 2011, 4:38:24 AM3/13/11
"felangey" <o...@cloudnine.com> wrote in message

> Getting a bit scary at the pumps. What's it like where you are?

Here in Croatia it's about 9$ per gallon, but the average monthly income is
only about 1000$ nationwide. So we can't really understand whining Americans
who, in tv reports, go on and on about paying 5-6$/gallon and how that's
"just too much". Of course, when you suggest that they might think about
buying sedans instead of house-sized trucks, they call you crazy.