Is Federer 'Tennis Man'?

Whisper

Jul 21, 2017, 10:58:48 AM7/21/17

I'm constantly surprised to find Fed thinking exactly like me on a lot
of issues. I think he'd easily be the top tier 1 analyst in rst. He
has an impressive ability to dissect not only his own game, but just
about all his opponents - & also any match. He knows what he does well
& not so well, & pinpoints where matches are won/lost.

He's kinda too perfect to be human so must be some kind of super hero.
His record is impeccable, his ability off the charts, his
consistency/longevity mind blowing, perfect family life with twin girls
& twin boys, certain to be a billionaire before too long, insanely
popular with the general public etc etc etc. Now he's performing again
at the highest level just when he should be retiring after yrs of
mediocrity (by his lofty standards).

Talk about 'having it all'.

What's missing? A calendar slam & Olympic gold come to mind, some
concerns that Rafa at his best beats him. That's about it.

The guy is so into tennis that it's certain he'll be in the public eye
long after he retires - as a commentator, tennis school, a tennis seer
that will always be sought out for his ideas on tennis related matters.

The guys is a true tennis savant in every way. It's like his brain has
been hard wired for all things tennis. Did he get hit by lightning
while watching Becker play Wimbledon or something & turn into 'Tennis Man'?

---
http://www.avg.com

John Liang

Jul 21, 2017, 11:20:40 AM7/21/17
On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 12:58:48 AM UTC+10, Whisper wrote:
> I'm constantly surprised to find Fed thinking exactly like me on a lot
> of issues. I think he'd easily be the top tier 1 analyst in rst. He
> has an impressive ability to dissect not only his own game, but just
> about all his opponents - & also any match. He knows what he does well
> & not so well, & pinpoints where matches are won/lost.

Did he predict himself winning just 1 grand slams like you did ? Did he predict Roddick would need to play 70% of his max to beat him ?

stephenJ

Jul 21, 2017, 11:43:01 AM7/21/17
Good post, and funny. But while stuff like his family life and being a
billionaire seem secure, I'm not sure open era GOAT is, not with Rafa
only 4 slams behind.

Remember, not even three years ago, in August 2014 before the USO, 33
year old Serena was 5 slams behind Graf, had lost before the QF in all
three slams that year including Wimbledon, and about 2% of everyone out
there gave her any chance to ever catch her. Heck, the dominant thinking
was it would be nice if she could manage one more slam for the road to
tie her with MN and Evert.

Less than 11 months later, in July 2015, she was only 1 slam behind Graf
and all those same people were now saying it was inevitable that she
would not only catch Graf but surpass her. That's how fast things can
change.

---

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 21, 2017, 11:44:10 AM7/21/17
On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 4:58:48 PM UTC+2, Whisper wrote:
> I'm constantly surprised to find Fed thinking exactly like me on a lot
> of issues. I think he'd easily be the top tier 1 analyst in rst. ä

Whisper, please.
You seem to be a nice guy, with many sound political opinions. You even like Steffi Graf.
But implying that you know a lot about tennis is ridiculous. I don't even think you have ever played a match of tennis in your life.

> He
> has an impressive ability to dissect not only his own game, but just
> about all his opponents - & also any match. He knows what he does well
> & not so well, & pinpoints where matches are won/lost.
>
> He's kinda too perfect to be human so must be some kind of super hero.
> His record is impeccable, his ability off the charts, his
> consistency/longevity mind blowing, perfect family life with twin girls
> & twin boys, certain to be a billionaire before too long, insanely
> popular with the general public etc etc etc. Now he's performing again
> at the highest level just when he should be retiring after yrs of
> mediocrity (by his lofty standards).
>
> Talk about 'having it all'.
>
> What's missing? A calendar slam & Olympic gold come to mind, some
> concerns that Rafa at his best beats him. That's about it.
>
> The guy is so into tennis that it's certain he'll be in the public eye
> long after he retires - as a commentator, tennis school, a tennis seer
> that will always be sought out for his ideas on tennis related matters.
>
> The guys is a true tennis savant in every way. It's like his brain has
> been hard wired for all things tennis. Did he get hit by lightning
> while watching Becker play Wimbledon or something & turn into 'Tennis Man'?

Max

SliceAndDice

Jul 21, 2017, 11:48:51 AM7/21/17
LOL. Good one.

SliceAndDice

Jul 21, 2017, 11:50:03 AM7/21/17
Agreed, Federer should try and win as many slams when he can. Then, of course, it is out of his hands.

RaspingDrive

Jul 21, 2017, 11:56:07 AM7/21/17
On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 11:50:03 AM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:

> Agreed, Federer should try and win as many slams when he can. Then, of course, it is out of his hands.

Two more Ws, one more USO, one more AO, making his slam count 23. Rafa can take four more FO and an arbitrary slam here and there and still won't be able to get near 23.

TennisGuy

Jul 21, 2017, 12:55:49 PM7/21/17
Translation...
Federer is da Man.
You are not.

TT

Jul 21, 2017, 1:58:36 PM7/21/17
Was it beating Berdych and Cilic that convinced you of this?

rec.sport.tennis

Jul 21, 2017, 2:20:05 PM7/21/17
On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 00:58:38 +1000, Whisper wrote:

> I'm constantly surprised to find Fed thinking exactly like me on a lot
> of issues. I think he'd easily be the top tier 1 analyst in rst. He
> has an impressive ability to dissect not only his own game, but just
> about all his opponents - & also any match. He knows what he does well
> & not so well, & pinpoints where matches are won/lost.
>
> He's kinda too perfect to be human so must be some kind of super hero.
> His record is impeccable, his ability off the charts, his
> consistency/longevity mind blowing, perfect family life with twin girls
> & twin boys, certain to be a billionaire before too long, insanely
> popular with the general public etc etc etc. Now he's performing again
> at the highest level just when he should be retiring after yrs of
> mediocrity (by his lofty standards).
>
> Talk about 'having it all'.
>
> What's missing? A calendar slam & Olympic gold come to mind, some
> concerns that Rafa at his best beats him. That's about it.

Federer has an Olympic gold.

alan...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2017, 6:11:12 PM7/21/17
Just life Rafa beating the bunnies this year at the FO?

So great watching rafatards/and some trumpeters come up with so much alternative reality. Coming up with ANYTHING to try (and FAIL) to nullifying.....

#19!

Gracchus

Jul 21, 2017, 6:32:26 PM7/21/17
Yep, it's very entertaining watching them scramble to weave together a rationale from imaginary facts. I've been mostly sitting back and enjoying it for the whole week. If Federer were to win # 20 at the USO, the lot of them would probably have a collective stroke. :)

TT

Jul 21, 2017, 6:35:42 PM7/21/17
alan...@gmail.com kirjoitti 22.7.2017 klo 1:11:
> Just life Rafa beating the bunnies this year at the FO?

I believe Thiem beat Rafa a couple weeks earlier...

TT

Jul 21, 2017, 6:38:19 PM7/21/17
It seems to me that Fedfans are currently having a collective stroke, so
to speak.

Whisper

Jul 21, 2017, 7:13:46 PM7/21/17
I'm not suggesting his records won't ever be broken, though it will take
something extraordinary. Indeed just last yr I opined Djoker would be
greater than Fed by AO this yr. That's just 3 more slams Wim/USO/AO, but
the implications were historically huge;

- 1st calendar slam on all 3 surfaces
- 1st player ever to win 7 slams in a row
- Stand alone AO goat

He'd also have 15 slams, solid mix of 4 Wimbledons/3 USO in the mix,
positive h2h v Fed/Rafa, & looking certain to add more to the total.

Rafa too - had he just hung to his break in 5th at AO he'd have 16 slams
v Fed's 17 coming into this Wimbledon.

So yes I get how quickly things can change.

However credit has to be given to Fed for actually getting the job done.
The guy has never dipped off the radar & never shown a hint of
burnout. You simply can't say that about Rafa/Djoker. The gap between
rock bottom & top form for Roger is smaller than any player I've seen, &
to maintain it for 15 yrs.

Like you said in the wake of his latest victory we all have to bow down
to the evidence. No point being delusional like Fedfuckers who are
impervious to logic/evidence. Their latest idea is Rafa had no chance in
AO & was simply blown off the court.

: )

---
http://www.avg.com

SliceAndDice

Jul 21, 2017, 7:59:15 PM7/21/17
Both Cilic and Berdych have both defeated Fed at slams (Berdych multiple times). How about Thiem?

Federer Fanatic

Jul 21, 2017, 9:34:17 PM7/21/17
A stroke of indescrible ecstasy ? ;-)

FF

--

The measure of a man is what he does with power.
- Plato

Federer Fanatic

Jul 21, 2017, 9:35:59 PM7/21/17
And who are the main members of this group of Fedfuckers? Names? :-)

FF

| ---
| http://www.avg.com

RaspingDrive

Jul 23, 2017, 1:22:11 AM7/23/17
Fed fans are dancing on the table.

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 12:57:41 PM7/23/17
On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 00:58:38 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:

>I'm constantly surprised to find Fed thinking exactly like me on a lot
>of issues. I think he'd easily be the top tier 1 analyst in rst. He
>has an impressive ability to dissect not only his own game, but just
>about all his opponents - & also any match. He knows what he does well
>& not so well, & pinpoints where matches are won/lost.
>
>He's kinda too perfect to be human so must be some kind of super hero.
>His record is impeccable, his ability off the charts, his
>consistency/longevity mind blowing, perfect family life with twin girls
>& twin boys, certain to be a billionaire before too long, insanely
>popular with the general public etc etc etc. Now he's performing again
>at the highest level just when he should be retiring after yrs of
>mediocrity (by his lofty standards).
>Talk about 'having it all'.
>What's missing? A calendar slam & Olympic gold come to mind, some
>concerns that Rafa at his best beats him. That's about it.

that's pretty much it.

>The guy is so into tennis that it's certain he'll be in the public eye
>long after he retires - as a commentator, tennis school, a tennis seer
>that will always be sought out for his ideas on tennis related matters.
>The guys is a true tennis savant in every way. It's like his brain has
>been hard wired for all things tennis. Did he get hit by lightning
>while watching Becker play Wimbledon or something & turn into 'Tennis Man'?

i'm not sure i'd like him as a commentator, just because i'm not sure
he could comment on a match without bringing his own greatness into
it. but i may be misreading him. certainly he'd have incredible
insight to the present game.

bob

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 12:59:13 PM7/23/17
fingers crossed!

bob

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 1:00:20 PM7/23/17
On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 09:14:09 +1000, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail> wrote:

what's your opinion for djok's abrupt fall?

bob

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 1:02:03 PM7/23/17
wasn't bercych 6,6,4 match?

bob

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 1:02:50 PM7/23/17
i'm thinking of going to USO this yr, i'll be damn sure to keep
aspirin in the pocket. :-)

bob

jdeluise

Jul 23, 2017, 1:06:57 PM7/23/17
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 12:57:37 -0400, bob wrote:

> i'm not sure i'd like him as a commentator, just because i'm not sure he
> could comment on a match without bringing his own greatness into it

Like McEnroe in the early days of his career as a commentator?

stephenJ

Jul 23, 2017, 2:18:08 PM7/23/17
Think of the men too: Just 11 months ago, going in to USO, Joker was
holder of 3 slams and Murray had just won Wimbledon and Olympics, while
Federer and Nadal hadn't won a slam in 2 1/2 and 4 years respectively.
Looked for all the world that the Big Four was now the Big Two.

If you had told someone around August 20 of last year that 11 months
from now, Federer would win 2 slams and Nadal 1, while Murray and Joker
would now be the holders of zero slams between them, you would have been
hauled away as a lunatic.

Things can change on a dime ...

Guypers

Jul 23, 2017, 3:17:45 PM7/23/17
On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 1:02:50 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 15:32:24 -0700 (PDT), Gracchus
> <grac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 3:11:12 PM UTC-7, alan...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Just life Rafa beating the bunnies this year at the FO?
> >>
> >> So great watching rafatards/and some trumpeters come up with so much alternative reality. Coming up with ANYTHING to try (and FAIL) to nullifying.....
> >>
> >> ooo
> >> #19!
> >

> >Yep, it's very entertaining watching them scramble to weave together a rationale from imaginary facts. I've been mostly sitting back and enjoying it for the whole week. If Federer were to win # 20 at the USO, the lot of them would probably have a collective stroke. :)
>
> i'm thinking of going to USO this yr, i'll be damn sure to keep
> aspirin in the pocket. :-)
>
> bob

Stay far away from section 127!

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 3:34:59 PM7/23/17
i thought mac was very self depracating, more often than not.

bob

jdeluise

Jul 23, 2017, 3:39:09 PM7/23/17
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:34:56 -0400, bob wrote:

> i thought mac was very self depracating, more often than not.

Nowadays maybe. Obviously you didn't listen to him back then.

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 3:54:47 PM7/23/17
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 12:17:44 -0700 (PDT), Guypers <gap...@gmail.com>
wrote:
is that the section you clean up?

bob

Guypers

Jul 23, 2017, 4:54:11 PM7/23/17
No, it is where your ex wife gives $2 blowjobs!

RaspingDrive

Jul 23, 2017, 6:44:12 PM7/23/17
True. Federer cannot rest. The menacing Rafa might steal USO 2017 and then it would be back to three more to get. Hopefully, Federer who either get them all or nothing, is on that kind of streak which promises to bring more before Djok recovers.

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 8:53:26 PM7/23/17
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:44:10 -0700 (PDT), RaspingDrive
<raspin...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 2:18:08 PM UTC-4, StephenJ wrote:
>> On 7/23/2017 11:59 AM, bob wrote:
>

>> Think of the men too: Just 11 months ago, going in to USO, Joker was
>> holder of 3 slams and Murray had just won Wimbledon and Olympics, while
>> Federer and Nadal hadn't won a slam in 2 1/2 and 4 years respectively.
>> Looked for all the world that the Big Four was now the Big Two.
>>
>> If you had told someone around August 20 of last year that 11 months
>> from now, Federer would win 2 slams and Nadal 1, while Murray and Joker
>> would now be the holders of zero slams between them, you would have been
>> hauled away as a lunatic.
>>
>> Things can change on a dime ...
>
>True. Federer cannot rest. The menacing Rafa might steal USO 2017

nah.

bob

Jul 23, 2017, 8:54:31 PM7/23/17
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 13:54:09 -0700 (PDT), Guypers <gap...@gmail.com>
did you see that when you were emptying the trash and hosing down the
steps?

bob

Guypers

Jul 23, 2017, 10:23:53 PM7/23/17
LOL! Brilliant, you are a dumb fukk, f=ma? Jaysus, stop posting moron, or you want Dan drump impeached first?

Whisper

Jul 24, 2017, 5:06:27 AM7/24/17
Not sure, but he's definitely lost the hunger. A real shame since he was
so very close to staking a bona fide goat claim. Probably a combination
of winning everything there is & maybe some marital/personal distractions?

Fed & Rafa never really looked like they lost the hunger, but
unfortunately Djoker looks like he has. Not sure if he can get it back?

bob

Jul 24, 2017, 6:33:18 PM7/24/17
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 19:06:17 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:
someone mentioned he's having an affair, is that true? i saw him on Tv
couple yrs ago in a piece where they showed his kid, his wife, his
perfect family life. maybe that's the reason.

>Fed & Rafa never really looked like they lost the hunger, but
>unfortunately Djoker looks like he has. Not sure if he can get it back?

everybody's a different animal. maybe djok doesn't care anymore.

bob

bob

Jul 24, 2017, 6:35:31 PM7/24/17
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 19:23:51 -0700 (PDT), Guypers <gap...@gmail.com>
do you want me to explain f=ma to you?

it means when you dump a trash can into a bigger one (as you do dozens
of times/day), gravity pulls those little cups and cans downward
(toward the earth's center of mass) at 9.8m/sec^2!!

you don't owe me for the lesson, and i commend you for helping keep
the earth clean.

bob

Guypers

Jul 24, 2017, 7:19:05 PM7/24/17
booby, booby, sheesh!

stephenJ

Jul 25, 2017, 8:36:03 AM7/25/17
Purely speculative, but if I had to guess about what's wrong with J,
it's marital. Just seems to fit the pattern.

---