Why aren't the women's tennis matches best of 5, like the men's matches?

tmc...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2017, 7:51:55 PM7/16/17
https://www.datalounge.com/thread/19274348-why-aren-t-the-women-s-tennis-matches-best-of-5-like-the-men-s-matches-

Women certainly have the stamina to go a maximum of five matches, so there's no physical reason for this disparity. Plus, if a woman wins in straight sets, the match seems too short. Expanding to a best of 5 would add a lot of excitement to the game.

Jason White

Jul 16, 2017, 7:56:28 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 4:51:55 PM UTC-7, tmc...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://www.datalounge.com/thread/19274348-why-aren-t-the-women-s-tennis-matches-best-of-5-like-the-men-s-matches-
>
> Women certainly have the stamina to go a maximum of five matches, so there's no physical reason for this disparity. Plus, if a woman wins in straight sets, the match seems too short. Expanding to a best of 5 would add a lot of excitement to the game.

Scheduling matches is already enough of a nightmare, as-is.

jdeluise

Jul 16, 2017, 7:59:48 PM7/16/17
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 16:51:53 -0700, tmc1982 wrote:

> https://www.datalounge.com/thread/19274348-why-aren-t-the-women-s-
tennis-matches-best-of-5-like-the-men-s-matches-

> Women certainly have the stamina to go a maximum of five matches, so
> there's no physical reason for this disparity. Plus, if a woman wins in
> straight sets, the match seems too short. Expanding to a best of 5 would
> add a lot of excitement to the game.

I suppose there would have to be a consideration for length of a
tournament. Adding best of 5 for women would definitely have an impact
on scheduling.
Message has been deleted

Tuan

Jul 16, 2017, 10:38:48 PM7/16/17
How about 5 set just for the final?

Tuan

Jul 16, 2017, 10:39:28 PM7/16/17
How about 5 sets just for the final?

Darkfalz

Jul 16, 2017, 11:51:12 PM7/16/17
For the semis and final. Since the semis don't take place on the same day as men's quarters generally (maybe at USO?).

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 8:50:03 AM7/17/17
On 17/07/2017 10:35 AM, michael...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, 17 July 2017 09:51:55 UTC+10, tmc...@gmail.com wrote:
>> https://www.datalounge.com/thread/19274348-why-aren-t-the-women-s-tennis-matches-best-of-5-like-the-men-s-matches-
>>
>> Women certainly have the stamina to go a maximum of five matches, so there's no physical reason for this disparity. Plus, if a woman wins in straight sets, the match seems too short. Expanding to a best of 5 would add a lot of excitement to the game.
>
> I've argued they should be BO5 from semis onwards in slams. No more women's finals over in less than an hour.

They should only play bo5 if they are attractive.

Kuznetsova v Vinci should be just a super tie-breaker;

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8cpwUYsSXuo/T08n_s0bGQI/AAAAAAAACUk/wOXZ764gLQ4/s1600/Svetlana-Kuznetsova--01.jpg

http://www.radionz.co.nz/assets/news/47522/eight_col_Roberta_Vinci_16x10.jpg?1442000971

---
http://www.avg.com