Bautista Agut: "Nadal is at his best."

Carey

Jun 4, 2017, 11:48:02 AM6/4/17
After the 1-2-2 destruction by Humbalito.

The little fella here knows better, of course.

PeteWasLucky

Jun 4, 2017, 12:14:11 PM6/4/17
I thought people said Nadal wasn't close to his best when he was beaten three times this year by the great man!

TT

Jun 4, 2017, 12:57:31 PM6/4/17
PeteWasLucky kirjoitti 4.6.2017 klo 19:14:
> I thought people said Nadal wasn't close to his best when he was beaten three times this year by the great man!

If by 'great man' you mean Roger... yes, Rafa wasn't playing as well
then as he is now.

bob

Jun 4, 2017, 1:43:51 PM6/4/17
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 08:48:00 -0700 (PDT), Carey <carey...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>After the 1-2-2 destruction by Humbalito.
>The little fella here knows better, of course.

nadal's playing better on clay, as usual. but his confidence has grown
since 6 months ago.

anyone who doesn't see a difference in style of nadal from Jan-Mar VS
Nadal of 08-2014 isn't being very honest.

bob

Pelle Svanslös

Jun 4, 2017, 1:46:57 PM6/4/17
The difference was HC and play Rafa had no answers to. Otherwise, Rafa's
been in this form for while now.

TT

Jun 4, 2017, 2:15:47 PM6/4/17
No. Rafa was playing well early year but he is now playing better and is
also more confident. Of course he's better on clay but we're comparing
on relative terms.

Pelle Svanslös

Jun 4, 2017, 2:29:41 PM6/4/17
On 4.6.2017 21:15, TT wrote:
> Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti 4.6.2017 klo 20:46:
>>>>

>>> If by 'great man' you mean Roger... yes, Rafa wasn't playing as well
>>> then as he is now.
>>
>> The difference was HC and play Rafa had no answers to. Otherwise,
>> Rafa's been in this form for while now.
>>

> No. Rafa was playing well early year but he is now playing better and is
> also more confident.

That's what happens when he's on clay. The things he does, work better
there. Can this be a surprise?

But yes, all the shots are and were there all along.

SliceAndDice

Jun 4, 2017, 2:49:36 PM6/4/17
+1

Court_1

Jun 4, 2017, 3:36:01 PM6/4/17
On Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 1:43:51 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:

> anyone who doesn't see a difference in style of nadal from Jan-Mar VS
> Nadal of 08-2014 isn't being very honest.

Yeah, the difference is his shots are better now, more improved in many ways. Better serve, better bh.

bob

Jun 4, 2017, 6:33:29 PM6/4/17
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 12:36:00 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
<olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 1:43:51 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
>

>> anyone who doesn't see a difference in style of nadal from Jan-Mar VS
>> Nadal of 08-2014 isn't being very honest.
>
>Yeah, the difference is his shots are better now

"now" isn't jan-march. and you admitted his game was different, no
backtracking.

bob

Court_1

Jun 4, 2017, 7:00:42 PM6/4/17
On Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 6:33:29 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 12:36:00 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
>

> >On Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 1:43:51 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
> >

> >> anyone who doesn't see a difference in style of nadal from Jan-Mar VS
> >> Nadal of 08-2014 isn't being very honest.
> >
> >Yeah, the difference is his shots are better now
>
> "now" isn't jan-march. and you admitted his game was different, no
> backtracking.
>
> bob

I said that his forehand looked weaker at IW/Miami, not the AO! Don't twist my words. Since IW/Miami he's improved his fh, his bh and his serve. He looks better on clay than he has in a long time.

PeteWasLucky

Jun 4, 2017, 7:59:07 PM6/4/17
> Yeah, the difference is his shots are better now, more improved in many ways. Better serve, better bh.

Somehow these better shots will not be there any more when the clay season is over.

Court_1

Jun 4, 2017, 8:55:01 PM6/4/17
On Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 7:59:07 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > Yeah, the difference is his shots are better now, more improved in many ways. Better serve, better bh.
>
> Somehow these better shots will not be there any more when the clay season is over.

Maybe, maybe not. He made the AO final and nearly won it didn't he?

bob

Jun 4, 2017, 8:56:58 PM6/4/17
On Sun, 4 Jun 2017 16:00:40 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
<olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 6:33:29 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:

>> >Yeah, the difference is his shots are better now
>>
>> "now" isn't jan-march. and you admitted his game was different, no
>> backtracking.
>>
>> bob
>
>I said that his forehand looked weaker at IW/Miami,

afaik, IW and miami are in march.

> not the AO! Don't twist my words. Since IW/Miami he's improved his fh, his bh and his serve. He looks better on clay than he has in a long time.

bob

PeteWasLucky

Jun 4, 2017, 9:28:00 PM6/4/17
> Maybe, maybe not. He made the AO final and nearly won it didn't he?

Yes he did but his fans are saying he wasn't playing his best and just started playing his best just recently :)

Check TT posts.

Patrick Kehoe

Jun 4, 2017, 9:29:57 PM6/4/17
On Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 4:59:07 PM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > Yeah, the difference is his shots are better now, more improved in many ways. Better serve, better bh.
>
> Somehow these better shots will not be there any more when the clay season is over.

He has just that fraction more time on clay, than he does on hardcourt and that makes all the difference timing his backhand cross court shots and the forehand buggy whip bender down the line... with those firing, he's a unique kinda monster out there... on hard court and grass he just doesn't have those milla second set up intervals to the same extent... and that equates to big hitting making him more reactive and less able to reverse defence into offensive strikes... on the clay, he can turn a point around almost at will sometimes...

PeteWasLucky

Jun 4, 2017, 9:36:38 PM6/4/17

He has just that fraction more time on clay, than he does on hardcourt and that makes all the difference timing his backhand cross court shots and the forehand buggy whip bender down the line... with those firing, he's a unique kinda monster out there... on hard court and grass he just doesn't have those milla second set up intervals to the same extent... and that equates to big hitting making him more reactive and less able to reverse defence into offensive strikes... on the clay, he can turn a point around almost at will sometimes...

Thanks Patrick for explaining the obvious to nadal fans that keep repeating Nadal just started playing well two weeks ago :)

undecided

Jun 5, 2017, 10:55:20 AM6/5/17
Having time to get in position and wind up these shots seems to be his problem. Clay helps in that respect. Now, better opponents may take away some of that time so that even Clay may not help. Let's see when he faces Djoker/Wawrinka.