Djokovic on Federer's absence in the FO

PeteWasLucky

May 18, 2017, 6:09:47 AM5/18/17

-- "First of all, it's Roger, so he has the luxury to decide
whatever he wants to and play whatever he wants to," Djokovic
told reporters at the Rome Masters. "At this stage in his life,
and especially with the beginning of the season he had, I mean,
he's been so successful throughout his career that he doesn't
need necessarily to chase the points or play all the
tournaments.

"You know, he's very smart in his decision-making and scheduling.
He knows what he's doing, I'm sure. Of course he's aware he has
much better chance to win big trophies on quicker surfaces. Grass
obviously is where he feels the most comfortable. I'm not too
surprised with this decision.

"I mean, he had a lot of matches played at the beginning of the
year, and he did amazingly well. It's something that we haven't
seen, you know, from the top players in a while. I mean, when I
say 'in a while' I mean for at least 10, 15 years. Most of, let's
say, us top players, have played throughout the whole season,
more or less all the big events. But before it wasn't the
case."

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Federer Fanatic

May 18, 2017, 6:33:25 AM5/18/17
The definitive analysis from someone who has the credentials
to comment. Unlike us pretenders.

FF