Vandeweghe looking very dangerous on grass

SliceAndDice

Jul 8, 2017, 9:21:13 AM7/8/17
with Pat Cash as her new coach..can anyone besides Venus/Muguruza/Ostapenko stop her?

soccerfan777

Jul 8, 2017, 9:23:14 AM7/8/17
All three of them can and will

undecided

Jul 8, 2017, 9:29:51 AM7/8/17
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 9:21:13 AM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> with Pat Cash as her new coach..can anyone besides Venus/Muguruza/Ostapenko stop her?

she is my pick

Whisper

Jul 8, 2017, 9:35:42 AM7/8/17
I like her & her game - always goes for it & is passionate about it. At
her best she's top 5 level.

---
http://www.avg.com

Court_1

Jul 8, 2017, 10:09:08 AM7/8/17
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 9:21:13 AM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> with Pat Cash as her new coach..can anyone besides Venus/Muguruza/Ostapenko stop her?

Are you kidding? There are about 12 women who could win this tournament--Venus, Muguruza, Kerber, Ostapenko, Azarenka, Halep, Vandeweghe, Konta, etc.

It all depends which way the wind blows.

Whisper

Jul 8, 2017, 10:20:03 AM7/8/17
Yes, it's a golden opportunity for a lot of girls to win a
career/life-defining tournament. Ostapenko stepped up at FO to show it
is possible if you 'seize the day'.

soccerfan777

Jul 8, 2017, 10:24:40 AM7/8/17
It's Venus all the way. No one else has a grass court game.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 8, 2017, 11:09:21 AM7/8/17
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 4:20:03 PM UTC+2, Whisper wrote:
> On 9/07/2017 12:09 AM, Court_1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 9:21:13 AM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> >> with Pat Cash as her new coach..can anyone besides Venus/Muguruza/Ostapenko stop her?
> >
> > Are you kidding? There are about 12 women who could win this tournament--Venus, Muguruza, Kerber, Ostapenko, Azarenka, Halep, Vandeweghe, Konta, etc.
> >
> > It all depends which way the wind blows.
> >

> Yes, it's a golden opportunity for a lot of girls to win a
> career/life-defining tournament. Ostapenko stepped up at FO to show it
> is possible if you 'seize the day'.

It is always possible if you seize the day. Doesn't need Ostapenko to show it.

Max

SliceAndDice

Jul 8, 2017, 5:48:21 PM7/8/17
I agree with you (though I don't think I would include Halep). But based on the admittedly few women's matches I saw, Vandeweghe looked the most dangerous, form-wise.
Azarenka I am not sure if she is ready to win a slam yet, but she seems to be getting there.

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 8, 2017, 8:56:03 PM7/8/17
Have you seen Muguruza play this fortnight? She's playing as well as any of the ladies. Halep, in stretches, has been playing lights out tennis. She seems a lot more relaxed than I can remember her, maybe EVER!

SliceAndDice

Jul 8, 2017, 9:04:02 PM7/8/17
No, I have not but I would definitely view Mugu as a top contender. Halep may be playing very well, but the moment she runs into a high caliber big hitter and she is bound to as she progresses, she is toast on this surface IMO.

heyg...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2017, 11:28:40 PM7/8/17
Mugu hasn't been broken yet in the tournament. Impressive so far.