Most slams ever?

The Iceberg

Jun 12, 2017, 8:11:16 AM6/12/17
So, Nadal has now won 10 French Open titles! Can somebody tell me, does this mean Nadal has now won the greatest number of mens singles titles ever at a slam, ever, in world history?

Guypers

Jun 12, 2017, 8:38:19 AM6/12/17
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 8:11:16 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
> So, Nadal has now won 10 French Open titles! Can somebody tell me, does this mean Nadal has now won the greatest number of mens singles titles ever at a slam, ever, in world history?

5 FO is 1 W!!!!

Patrick Kehoe

Jun 12, 2017, 11:27:40 AM6/12/17
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 5:11:16 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote:
> So, Nadal has now won 10 French Open titles! Can somebody tell me, does this mean Nadal has now won the greatest number of mens singles titles ever at a slam, ever, in world history?

Truly a fantastic achievement.

I haven't checked but off the top of my head, I believe no 'male' has ever attained that number at either the USO, French Open, AO or Wimbledon.

Ten for Rafa stands as a unique metric/number.

Anyone check?

TT

Jun 12, 2017, 11:32:06 AM6/12/17
The second best is 7. :)

Patrick Kehoe

Jun 12, 2017, 12:11:50 PM6/12/17
Seems sort of 'quaint' by comparison.

:))))

Rafa might have that record for 50 or 60 years. Just mind boggling. He might have it LONGER.

calim...@gmx.de

Jun 12, 2017, 2:28:38 PM6/12/17
Want to bet?

Max

Whisper

Jun 13, 2017, 7:27:10 AM6/13/17
Must be pretty good odds for him to raise that to 11, 12 or 13 no? I
mean he never came close to losing a single set here this year.

---
http://www.avg.com