"I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, ...

Pelle Svanslös

Jun 4, 2017, 4:12:13 PM6/4/17
... not Paris," he said during his Thursday Rose Garden speech
announcing that he would withdraw the US from the Paris climate deal.

It was a clear reference to Pittsburgh's past as a steel and industrial
titan, an image that has given way over the past 30 years to its current
status as a growing healthcare and tech hub located in the Rust Belt.

Trump was making a pitch familiar to many who followed his presidential
campaign, claiming that by pulling out of Paris, cities such as
Pittsburgh would see a boon of coal, energy, and factory jobs — the kind
of jobs that were synonymous with Pittsburgh when its streets looked
like this:

https://twitter.com/BCAppelbaum/status/870383610955804672/photo/1

Many close to the city didn't see things quite the same way as Trump,
including Pittsburgh's mayor, Bill Peduto.

"Pittsburgh in the last 30 years has come back from a depression," he
added, noting the mass exodus of coal and steel jobs in the 1970s, which
led to a "very, very bad economy" with high unemployment. "But at the
same time, we didn't invest in our past, we invested in our future. We
are the example of what the Paris Agreement could mean for jobs and the
economy in the United States. And for him to use Pittsburgh as an
example, I can only say it was a far stretch at best."

Peduto issued an executive order on Friday signifying that the city
would still follow the Paris Agreement. Peduto said in a statement that
"for decades" the city "has been rebuilding its economy based on hopes
for our people and our future, not on outdated fantasies about our past."

Even over the course of the past decade, Pittsburgh has been able to
replace manufacturing job losses with significant growth in the
healthcare and tech sectors.

And as The Washington Post noted, Pittsburgh had more people working in
renewable energy fields in 2016 than it did in iron and steel
manufacturing or the coal industry.

"Trump has no clue re Pittsburgh," former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell,
a Democrat, tweeted. "It transformed itself by cleaning its environment.
It went from old industrial city to high tech Mecca!"

http://www.businessinsider.com/pittsburgh-trump-paris-agreement-2017-6?r=US&IR=T&IR=T

"Outdated fantasies ..."? Yup.

TT

Jun 4, 2017, 4:15:19 PM6/4/17
Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti 4.6.2017 klo 23:12:
> And as The Washington Post noted, Pittsburgh had more people working in
> renewable energy fields in 2016 than it did in iron and steel
> manufacturing or the coal industry.

lol

Not to mention that Clinton won Pittsburgh, and was for Paris agreement.

*skriptis

Jun 4, 2017, 4:30:02 PM6/4/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
You really think *that* makes a point?
It's sad.

So unintelligent.

Let me help you. Pittsburgh represent US city, while Paris
represents foreign, and globalist agenda.

It doesn't matter if whole city voted against him, he's still won
to help his country, including cities and states that voted
against him.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Pelle Svanslös

Jun 4, 2017, 4:32:12 PM6/4/17
On 4.6.2017 23:15, TT wrote:
> Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti 4.6.2017 klo 23:12:
>> And as The Washington Post noted, Pittsburgh had more people working
>> in renewable energy fields in 2016 than it did in iron and steel
>> manufacturing or the coal industry.
>
> lol

Yeah, Trump has a nose for failed businesses like nobody else.

TT

Jun 4, 2017, 4:36:45 PM6/4/17
*skriptis kirjoitti 4.6.2017 klo 23:21:
> TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
>> Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti 4.6.2017 klo 23:12:
>>> And as The Washington Post noted, Pittsburgh had more people working in
>>> renewable energy fields in 2016 than it did in iron and steel
>>> manufacturing or the coal industry.
>>
>> lol
>>
>> Not to mention that Clinton won Pittsburgh, and was for Paris agreement.
>>

> You really think *that* makes a point?
> It's sad.
>
> So unintelligent.

I agree. Indeed it makes Trump look really stupid to pick a city which
voted to stay with Paris agreement...

jdeluise

Jun 4, 2017, 4:53:00 PM6/4/17
On Sun, 04 Jun 2017 23:36:52 +0300, TT wrote:

> I agree. Indeed it makes Trump look really stupid to pick a city which
> voted to stay with Paris agreement...

But the people he's speaking to don't care about any of that "fake news".

*skriptis

Jun 4, 2017, 5:30:02 PM6/4/17
You're hopeless.

He could have said e.g. Pennsylvania but that's not a city so it
would make nonsensical comparison.

The point is nationalist agenda vs globalist one.

Saying Texas would be twice as stupid as it's neither s city and
they always vote republican snyway.

Since silent majority won him the presidency, e.g. wins like those
in Pennsylvania, so using that as an example is appropriate. But
you don't compare city with a state.

He aimed to underline that, as Paris agreement is a globalist shit.

Therefore Pittsburg vs Paris. Makes perfect sense.

bob

Jun 4, 2017, 6:27:59 PM6/4/17
yet she lost pennsylvania, which was the state that put trump over 270
at 2am. pennsylvania is a steel and coal state. hillary said she would
demolish steel and coal jobs, however "replace them with something
else." she lost.

bob

Brian W Lawrence

Jun 5, 2017, 8:53:32 AM6/5/17
On 04/06/2017 22:01, *skriptis wrote:

> He could have said e.g. Pennsylvania but that's not a city so it
> would make nonsensical comparison.
>
> The point is nationalist agenda vs globalist one.
>
> Saying Texas would be twice as stupid as it's neither s city and
> they always vote republican snyway.
>
> Since silent majority won him the presidency, e.g. wins like those
> in Pennsylvania, so using that as an example is appropriate. But
> you don't compare city with a state.
>
> He aimed to underline that, as Paris agreement is a globalist shit.
>
> Therefore Pittsburg vs Paris. Makes perfect sense.

The Accord has nothing to do with Paris apart from a meeting held
there long after the US and most other countries had signed up.

---
http://www.avg.com

*skriptis

Jun 5, 2017, 9:30:02 AM6/5/17