Donald Young d. Andy Murray 7-6, 6-3

TT

Mar 12, 2011, 7:05:26 PM3/12/11
WTF???

Anyone watched this?

Some AO slump for Andy, eh.

TT

Mar 12, 2011, 7:08:32 PM3/12/11

Is Murray fixing? :)

uly...@mscomm.com

Mar 12, 2011, 7:49:12 PM3/12/11
I watched it in person. Murray was out of sorts long before the warm
up. When he was hitting with a junior player earlier this a.m. he was
lackadaisical in practice, though seemed in a great, goofy mood.
Definitely not sick or in a snit.

During the match, it seemed like Murray just didn't give a damn. He
was going for broke on his FH and missing pretty badly at times. He
showed no emotion when he would hit wide, showed no emotion when he
lost the first set... nothing. He looked like he was playing an exo
and wanted the match over ASAP with as little effort as possible.

This is a match Murray lost, not that Young "won." Young is a pretty
piss poor player with no serve and no depth whatsoever on his
groundies. He was weakly hitting balls back short and in the middle
and Murray didn't pounce on anything. No wonder this kid never has
done anything with his career, he has a truly anemic game. A lot of
the women hit harder than Young does off both wings.

Hola

Mar 12, 2011, 8:08:16 PM3/12/11
But Donald got a huge scalp today. Murray needs a coach pronto.

felangey

Mar 12, 2011, 8:10:13 PM3/12/11
>Murray needs a coach pronto.<

On browsing through the threads, I thought that said "Murray needs to become
a couch potato". At which I nodded my head, and kept on scanning down the
thread list! ;)

TT

Mar 12, 2011, 8:12:13 PM3/12/11
13.3.2011 2:49, uly...@msomm.com kirjoitti:
> I watched it in person. Murray was out of sorts long before the warm
> up. When he was hitting with a junior player earlier this a.m. he was
> lackadaisical in practice, though seemed in a great, goofy mood.
> Definitely not sick or in a snit.
>
> During the match, it seemed like Murray just didn't give a damn. He
> was going for broke on his FH and missing pretty badly at times. He
> showed no emotion when he would hit wide, showed no emotion when he
> lost the first set... nothing. He looked like he was playing an exo
> and wanted the match over ASAP with as little effort as possible.

Thanks. This is pretty much what they say at other forums as well.

You mean in person as being in Indian Wells yourself?

> This is a match Murray lost, not that Young "won." Young is a pretty
> piss poor player with no serve and no depth whatsoever on his
> groundies. He was weakly hitting balls back short and in the middle
> and Murray didn't pounce on anything. No wonder this kid never has
> done anything with his career, he has a truly anemic game. A lot of
> the women hit harder than Young does off both wings.

And the say this too...

Manco

Mar 12, 2011, 8:49:41 PM3/12/11

LOL result of 2011 for sure! Donna Young indeed. LOL!!!!!!

uly...@mscomm.com

Mar 12, 2011, 8:54:53 PM3/12/11
Yes, in person meaning I was in the stands. I live an hour from Indian
Wells and have gone to every tournament here since it was the old
"Pilot Pen Classic" in the mid-80's. I left before Rafa's match, but
will see Fed tomorrow.

Superdave

Mar 12, 2011, 9:14:30 PM3/12/11

wow that is so kewl ! can i come and stay with you next year and
accompany you ?

TT

Mar 12, 2011, 9:43:23 PM3/12/11

Nice!

(Although you need to seeeriously recheck your priorities...:)

Giovanna

Mar 12, 2011, 10:32:13 PM3/12/11
=(

Yama

Mar 13, 2011, 3:05:07 AM3/13/11
felangey <o...@cloudnine.com> wrote:
: >Murray needs a coach pronto.<

: On browsing through the threads, I thought that said "Murray needs to become
: a couch potato".

He's on his way...

Vari L. Cinicke

Mar 13, 2011, 9:47:00 AM3/13/11

Interesting report, thanks.

We will see what Young can manufacture on his own against Robredo who
will give nothing away and make Young earn the points.

--
Cheers,

vc

bob

Mar 13, 2011, 2:15:21 PM3/13/11

i predict straight sets loss for young.

bob

Javier González

Mar 13, 2011, 2:42:49 PM3/13/11
On Mar 13, 2:15 pm, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 09:47:00 -0400, "Vari L. Cinicke"
>

> <variesn...@gmail.com> wrote:

Going on a limb out there, eh bob? :D

Sakari Lund

Mar 13, 2011, 4:32:24 PM3/13/11

LOL. What else can you say...

Jesper Lauridsen

Mar 14, 2011, 6:44:54 AM3/14/11
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 02:05:26 +0200, TT <do...@do.it> wrote:

How on Earth did Murray make the AO final? Must have been an incredibly
weak half he was in.

ahonkan

Mar 14, 2011, 2:05:09 PM3/14/11

Donald Young, the synonym for 'futility' in ATP
has suddenly tripled his YTD wins in this
tournament alone by winning 2 matches.
Just for kicks, here's his career in a nutshell:
Career W-L record: 16-46 (includes both wins at IW)
Career GS record: 2-11
Career Masters 1000 record: 2-8
Career vs Top 10: 1-3 (includes demolition of Andy M)

I am sure Donald Young can tell about this win to his
grandchildren ...
Murray will not be able to live down this loss. Little kids
in Dunblane, Scotland will snigger behind his back and
ask "No shame losing to Roger or Nole in straights,
but you lost to WHO??"

The best proof that Andy is really Andynara Murrfina ...

jdeluise

Mar 14, 2011, 2:40:23 PM3/14/11

On 13-Mar-2011, "Vari L. Cinicke" <varie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We will see what Young can manufacture on his own against Robredo who
> will give nothing away

At the moment you are *literally* correct... at least as far as games go:)

jdeluise

Mar 14, 2011, 2:52:33 PM3/14/11

On 14-Mar-2011, ahonkan <aho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Donald Young, the synonym for 'futility' in ATP
> has suddenly tripled his YTD wins in this
> tournament alone by winning 2 matches.
> Just for kicks, here's his career in a nutshell:
> Career W-L record: 16-46 (includes both wins at IW)
> Career GS record: 2-11
> Career Masters 1000 record: 2-8
> Career vs Top 10: 1-3 (includes demolition of Andy M)

And he has won earned over half a million throughout his career with that
kind of record...

Vari L. Cinicke

Mar 14, 2011, 2:54:37 PM3/14/11
On Mar 14, 2:40 pm, "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13-Mar-2011, "Vari L. Cinicke" <variesn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We will see what Young can manufacture on his own against Robredo who
> > will give nothing away
>
> At the moment you are *literally* correct... at least as far as games go:)

The few points I saw in the first set were a whole lotta nothing.
Robredo just had to make Young hit a couple of balls before a Young
error.

At least, Young can't do any worse in the 2nd set.

Vari L. Cinicke

Mar 14, 2011, 3:09:49 PM3/14/11
On Mar 13, 9:47 am, "Vari L. Cinicke" <variesn...@gmail.com> wrote:
So far, Young has manufactured

Dozens of UEs.
Zero break points.

Making UEs at will, a scaredy sight!

number_six

Mar 14, 2011, 4:02:09 PM3/14/11

I guess Murray should have tried harder to manufacture some rankings
points. Standing outside the top four could mean some interesting
draws for him at the majors this year. Sometimes 4/5 is a wash,
sometimes not.

Vari L. Cinicke

Mar 14, 2011, 4:06:00 PM3/14/11

Murray would have been a nightmare for Robredo. Maybe Murray is trying
to win with a positive game, as quoted in an article posted here about
game changes he is trying out.

Unfortunately, it is a wash if you fall before the QFs.

--
Cheers,

vc

felangey

Mar 14, 2011, 6:35:54 PM3/14/11
> Murray would have been a nightmare for Robredo. Maybe Murray is trying to
> win with a positive game, as quoted in an article posted here about game
> changes he is trying out<

I am beginning to think the same. I don't think he is in the same funk he
was in last year (ok, time will tell!). That notwithstanding, the guy seems
to be finally facing some hard truths about his game - that it needs to
change if he is going to win one of these slam things. Some of what he said
the other day made me wonder if he is going to experiment with his game for
a period, and hang the rankings. Try different play patterns, amp up some
attacking shots....try to get something going.

One hopes so, anyhow.