Nadal wanted this W title ultra-bad ...

stephenJ

Jul 12, 2017, 7:56:06 AM7/12/17
I'm not sure I've ever seen Rafa more disappointed with himself after a
match. He complimented his opponent as he always does, but man, he spent
a lot of time replaying the big points he missed. Seemed to remember
details about every single one of them.

In addition to winning W, a title he covets and hasn't won in 7 years, i
think Rafa understood that with his present form, this was a golden
opportunity to close the slam-gap on Fed, an opportunity now lost.

---

Whisper

Jul 12, 2017, 8:17:16 AM7/12/17
On 12/07/2017 9:56 PM, stephenJ wrote:
> I'm not sure I've ever seen Rafa more disappointed with himself after a
> match. He complimented his opponent as he always does, but man, he spent
> a lot of time replaying the big points he missed. Seemed to remember
> details about every single one of them.
>
> In addition to winning W, a title he covets and hasn't won in 7 years, i
> think Rafa understood that with his present form, this was a golden
> opportunity to close the slam-gap on Fed, an opportunity now lost.

Perhaps Rafa was looking beyond that match? If so, fatal mistake.

---
http://www.avg.com