Ljubicic and Max Mirnyi on the BBC...

felangey

Jun 10, 2011, 10:38:35 AM6/10/11
....being asked whether they would rather play Roger or Rafa.

Lub. says he would always choose to play Rafa. Feels Roger reads his game so
well and is so unpredictable that he never knows what he is going to do and
he has so many ways to hurt him. With Rafa he knows exactly what he is going
to do...it is just a question as to whether he can execute his plan well
enough to counter.

Mirnyi says he would rather play Federer. He says that with Roger is is so
exciting like getting a new computer game....it is always going to be fun,
you will see something new or improvised that will make you stand back and
admire. Win or lose you leave with a sense of awe. With Rafa, you get a
physical encounter.....win or lose you know it is going to be as boring as
hell.

Lol. Nothing new there then! :)

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 10:48:31 AM6/10/11

I doubt he said that...

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 10:49:28 AM6/10/11

Also, Ljube bending down to Roger is hardly newsworthy...

felangey

Jun 10, 2011, 10:49:20 AM6/10/11
>I doubt he said that...<

That is exactly what he said. Don't take it to heart.

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 11:00:15 AM6/10/11
10.6.2011 17:49, felangey kirjoitti:
>> I doubt he said that...<
>
> That is exactly what he said. Don't take it to heart.

If so, then that was rather stupid statement from Mirnyi.

Also explains why Fed won so much. They were busy lining up to bend over
for Roger...

felangey

Jun 10, 2011, 11:03:09 AM6/10/11
> Also explains why Fed won so much. They were busy lining up to bend over
> for Roger...<

And also how Nadal wins....boring people to tears before they even get on
the court? ;)

Joe Ramirez

Jun 10, 2011, 11:06:41 AM6/10/11
Sounds as though they interpreted the question in different ways: more
comfortable trying to beat vs. more enjoyable to play.

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 11:09:14 AM6/10/11

Guess that's why Nadal beat him twice in straights, the other one on
grass too...

face it, fed's generation never miss an opportunity to suck his cock...

And they're really pissed that Nadal easily beats the hero of their
generation. Boo-hoo.

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 11:10:34 AM6/10/11

Apparently Mirnyi enjoys losing to Roger more...

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 11:12:33 AM6/10/11

Who knows, might even love losing to Roger Moore.

Thomas R. Kettler

Jun 10, 2011, 11:36:08 AM6/10/11
In article <jvqIp.50054$mX5....@uutiset.elisa.fi>,
TT <as...@usenet.org> wrote:

He'd be a real Saint then.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.

Iceberg

Jun 10, 2011, 11:37:17 AM6/10/11
On Jun 10, 3:49 pm, "felangey" <o...@cloudnine.com> wrote:
> >I doubt he said that...<
>
> That is exactly what he said. Don't take it to heart.

I don't recall him saying the 'boring' bit at the end, think you
wanted to hear that, they did say the rest though.

felangey

Jun 10, 2011, 11:42:17 AM6/10/11
>I don't recall him saying the 'boring' bit at the end, think you
wanted to hear that, they did say the rest though.<

I promise you he did say "win or lose you know it is going to be
boring"....I may have added the "as hell"....same gist! ;)

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 12:19:37 PM6/10/11

Hahaha, I though felony made it up!

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 12:19:48 PM6/10/11

Bullshitter

felangey

Jun 10, 2011, 12:47:57 PM6/10/11
>Hahaha, I though felony made it up!<

Apology accepted.

On the up side, among the sports writers they interviewed was the guy from
the Daily Mail who said on national television that Nadal "never loses when
he is healthy"! How I laughed.

Katya

Jun 10, 2011, 1:01:50 PM6/10/11
On Jun 10, 10:38 am, "felangey" <o...@cloudnine.com> wrote:

I've asked a visiting pro at our club if he's a Rafa or Fed guy. (He
makes his living at a $3,000/year membership joint). Off-the-bat, he
said: 'There's so much more to learn from Roger'.

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 1:21:02 PM6/10/11

Obviously, since you can't play like Nadal.

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 1:24:21 PM6/10/11

I see your apology is to make up even more lies...

felangey

Jun 10, 2011, 1:31:56 PM6/10/11
> I see your apology is to make up even more lies...<

What?

uly...@mscomm.com

Jun 10, 2011, 1:30:59 PM6/10/11
Mirny says: "With Rafa, you get a physical encounter.....win or lose

you know it is going to be as boring as hell."

I thought it was just boring from a viewers standpoint. I guess it's
also true for the players who face Nadal.

RzR

Jun 10, 2011, 2:15:43 PM6/10/11

thats exactly how he wins...i wrote that like 5 years ago...im glad
tennis greats agree with me :)

Superdave

Jun 11, 2011, 12:54:58 AM6/11/11
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:00:15 +0300, TT <as...@usenet.org> wrote:

>10.6.2011 17:49, felangey kirjoitti:
>>> I doubt he said that...<
>>
>> That is exactly what he said. Don't take it to heart.
>
>If so, then that was rather stupid statement from Mirnyi.

It was the spot on truth as we ALL know. Even you.

There are only two types ... those that admit it and those that don't.

Message has been deleted

Superdave

Jun 11, 2011, 11:35:43 AM6/11/11
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 22:38:38 -0700 (PDT), Court_1 <Olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Right but the Spanish Armada do not bend over for Fed. Yeah, right!
>They are the worst group of ass kissers I have ever seen with the
>exception of Ferrer at times.

yup. i've been saying that for a long time.

quite disgusting really.

uly...@mscomm.com

Jun 11, 2011, 11:38:30 AM6/11/11
Well, the Spanish contingent may be ass kissers but they also have no
talent. It's not like Verdasco or Almagro are ever going to beat Nadal
in a big match anyway.