Werner Herzog - Quincy, have you seen his movies?

Raja, The Great

Mar 6, 2010, 9:22:53 PM3/6/10
If yes, which one would you recommend. I recently was hearing Popol
Vuh's "Nosferatu: Brüder des Schattens - Söhne des Lichts" album (a
very good one) and read about it. It is apparently a great Werner
Herzog movie and Popol Vuh have done music for several for his
movies.

What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.

Pedro Dias

Mar 6, 2010, 10:00:19 PM3/6/10

Little man, Fitzcarraldo would fry your tiny brain. Aguirre would
wither it. And you'd never even know it happened.

TT

Mar 6, 2010, 10:06:52 PM3/6/10
Raja, The Great wrote:
> If yes, which one would you recommend. I recently was hearing Popol
> Vuh's "Nosferatu: Br�der des Schattens - S�hne des Lichts" album (a

> very good one) and read about it. It is apparently a great Werner
> Herzog movie and Popol Vuh have done music for several for his
> movies.
>
> What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.

Can I answer? :)

Start with...

"Aguirre, Wrath of God"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068182/

I'd put this one in top 20-50 films I've seen. Absolutely brilliant
picture...I Rate it 9/10, at least.

_After_ that you could watch...
"Mein liebster Feind - Klaus Kinski"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200849/

...Which is rather interesting stuff about his love-hate work
relationship with the actor Klaus Kinski.

I have had "Fitzcarraldo" on my computer for a while, expecting it to be
close resemblance to "Aquirre..."...planning to watch it soonish.

Recently I watched the documentary "Grizzly Man"...which I didn't like
that much.

TT

Mar 6, 2010, 10:13:20 PM3/6/10
Pedro Dias wrote:
> On Mar 6, 9:22 pm, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> If yes, which one would you recommend. I recently was hearing Popol
>> Vuh's "Nosferatu: Br�der des Schattens - S�hne des Lichts" album (a

>> very good one) and read about it. It is apparently a great Werner
>> Herzog movie and Popol Vuh have done music for several for his
>> movies.
>>
>> What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.
>
> Little man, Fitzcarraldo would fry your tiny brain. Aguirre would
> wither it. And you'd never even know it happened.

How would you know?

Pedro Dias

Mar 6, 2010, 10:28:00 PM3/6/10

Call it an educated guess.

Superdave

Mar 6, 2010, 10:58:04 PM3/6/10

Dias knows everything didn't you know ?

He also predicts everything in advance of everybody else by talking to Drew.

Superdave

Mar 6, 2010, 11:01:11 PM3/6/10

It's in freaking German ! I hate subtitles. Is there a dubbed English version ?

Raja, The Great

Mar 6, 2010, 11:03:04 PM3/6/10
On Mar 6, 9:06 pm, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:
> Raja, The Great wrote:
> > If yes, which one would you recommend. I recently was hearing Popol
> > Vuh's "Nosferatu: Br der des Schattens - S hne des Lichts" album (a
> > very good one) and read about it. It is apparently a great Werner
> > Herzog movie and Popol Vuh have done music for several for his
> > movies.
>
> > What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.
>
> Can I answer? :)
>
> Start with...
>
> "Aguirre, Wrath of God"http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068182/
>
> I'd put this one in top 20-50 films I've seen. Absolutely brilliant
> picture...I Rate it 9/10, at least.

cool will check it out.

Scott

Mar 6, 2010, 11:14:54 PM3/6/10

i remember liking Woyzeck:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080149/plotsummary

however, i'm having trouble remembering the Herzog films i've seen.
i've seen at least four or five, but other than Aguirre, can't recall
it.

Message has been deleted

TT

Mar 7, 2010, 8:51:34 AM3/7/10
Ethan Harvey wrote:
> On Mar 6, 9:22 pm, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.
>
> "Best" is a tricky word, but indispensable for those who live for
> lists. ;)
>
> "Grizzly Man" is worth seeing. It presents an interesting portrait of
> someone who may be seen as victim of tragedy, free spirit, reckless
> fool, mentally ill, or a bit of all of those things. I began watching
> the film wanting to like Treadwell (the "Grizzly Man"), but the more I
> saw, the less I liked him.
>
> But I recommend the film nevertheless, because even if you turn out
> not to like the content, it has a great soundtrack by Richard Thompson.

Yes, it's interesting in some ways...but I definitely wouldn't pay to
watch it. It gets a lot tedious watching Treadwell's footage at some
point since he is a REALLY annoying guy and a complete idiot (dare I say
that if anyone DESERVED to get eaten by a bear...).

I felt the documentary was a form of social-porn, watching a crazy guy
trying to bond with wild bears while we know that he will get eaten by
them. Rated it 4/10. Herzog apparently has a soft spot for mentally
disturbed people(btw makes a reference to Kinski in grizzly man).

Here's a clip which shows what the "film" is all about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icUq7Hghsgc

:)

The "film" is on youtube, if you want to watch it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFyaiqDXD2U

Administrator

Mar 7, 2010, 10:23:00 AM3/7/10
On 07/03/10 02:22, Raja, The Great wrote:
> If yes, which one would you recommend. I recently was hearing Popol
> Vuh's "Nosferatu: Br�der des Schattens - S�hne des Lichts" album (a

> very good one) and read about it. It is apparently a great Werner
> Herzog movie and Popol Vuh have done music for several for his
> movies.
>
> What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.

Who is this Werner Herzog-Quincy? I've not heard of him.

number_six

Mar 7, 2010, 10:56:28 AM3/7/10

I agree with TT and Pedro -- Aguirre der Zorn Gottes and Fitzcarraldo
are magnificent cinema, both worthy of the very highest
recommendation. Popol Vuh contribute music to both of these, with
operatic arias also figuring prominently in Fitz.

Nosferatu, Woyzeck, Cobra Verde, and Kaspar Hauser are all excellent,
but for me, not at the level of Aguirre and Fitz. Where the Green
Ants Dream is a complete snoozer. Herzog has also made some quirky
but wothwhile documentaries, including one about a mountain climber,
and two about preachers.

TT mentioned My Best Fiend -- about the relationship between Herzog
and Kinski. This is very good, but I would save it until after you
have seen the Herzog films that feature Kinski.

Burden of Dreams (not Herzog) is a superb documentary about the making
of Fitzcarraldo. See it, but see Fitz first.

bubba

Mar 7, 2010, 11:13:09 AM3/7/10

Please don't feed the monkeys

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 11:38:27 AM3/7/10
I found some great reviews of Popol Vuh albums (especially their
soundtracks of Werner Herzog movies). I have downloaded a bunch of
these soundtracks and listening to them...

So far my favorite albums are Letzte Tage Letzte Nachte (which is
apparently a soundtrack to Werner Herzog's Herz aus Glas/Heart of
Glass) and Bruder des Schattens, Söhne des Lichts (which is a
soundtrack to Nosferatu)

http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?boardid=41&threadid=14988

Affenstunde (1970)
I'll be honest with you, I'm not especially interested in Florian
Fricke as an electronic musician. This album is one to admire rather
than play too often. Allegedly one of the first "rock" albums to be
made entirely (almost) with the Moog of Dr. Robert's invention.
Admirably, Fricke’s approach to the Moog seems to be that (like Sun
Ra) he doesn't bother trying to get a tune out of it but concentrates
instead on producing weird noises. However (like Sun Ra again), you
wonder whether this is deliberate or because he CAN'T get a tune out
of the damn thing! All in all, this album is quite different from
other German "electronic" albums of the period in that genuinely IS
electronic (for the most part) and, unlike Tangerine Dream and the
"Berlin School", it doesn't just sound like the weird bits on a Pink
Floyd record stuck together. 6/10

In den Gärten des Pharaos (1971)
Better than "Affenstunde". The title track has more of Fricke's
wayward Moog noodling (Moogling anyone?) but with more (ahem) musical
elements added. Finishes with a long section played on a Fender Rhodes
that is actually quite jazzy (in an ECM sorta way). The other track,
"Vuh", is the first evidence to date of Popol Vuh as THE ultimate Goth
band - a looooooooooong drone piece on a mighty swelling church organ
overlaid with cacophonous percussion and mewling moogs. Good stuff!
7/10

Hosianna Mantra (1972)
Woah, talk about a volte face! The Moog is consigned to a (very roomy)
closet, rarely to appear on a Vuh record again and in its place we
have Piano, Cembalo, Oboe, Electric Guitar. Very classically
influenced and entirely devotional, Fricke's wonderful piano playing
is well to the fore, unfortunately so is Conny Veit's echoplexed
"early 70's" guitar, which over-eggs the pudding in places. Djong Yun
adds vocals so wispy they barely exist. Somewhat meandering but I dare
anyone to take actual OFFENCE at so diaphonous a creation! 7/10

Seligpreisung (1973)
An odd album in the oeuvre. This is like a more muscular version of
"Hosianna" with similar "songs" which are (with the exception of the
instrumental, "Tanz der Chassidim") made up of successive themes
rather than having any kind of verse-chorus-middle eight structure (in
fact this album probably has more different tunes than the entirety of
all the albums that follow it!). The presence of Amon Düül II's
erstwhile drummer Daniel Fichelscher edges some of the songs towards
prog rock or even (heaven forfend!) jazz rock. Fricke handles the
vocals himself in an unlovely but sincere voice which adds to the
album’s singularity. 7/10

Einsjäger und Siebenjäger (1974)
The album that cements the partnership between the two core musicians
of Popol Vuh - Florian Fricke and Daniel Fichelscher. Fichelscher's
pounding, cymbal-heavy drums are all over this album but who would
have thought a humble drummer (sorry any drummers out there!) would
turn out to be such an astonishing guitarist? His acoustic playing (on
his own "Morgengrüss") is beautiful enough but with his electric
playing Fricke found the perfect vehicle for his compositions.
Fichelscher's playing is not unlike Conny Veit but he has a warmer
tone, a stronger melodic imagination and he's more of a virtuoso (the
last the least important of the three). The title track is an amazing
19½ minute magnum opus which could conceivably pass for prog rock were
it not so heartfelt and unpretentious, Djong Yun shows up to coo sweet
somethings every so often. 8/10

Aguirre (1975)
The first of Fricke’s confusing soundtrack albums from the films of
Werner Herzog. I say confusing because the albums often bear little
resemblance to what you hear in the film. The opening scenes of the
film feature the once-heard-never-forgotten “Lacrimae di Rei”, which
utilises the “choir organ”, a mellotron-like instrument also used to
good effect by Amon Düül II. The only the other music which actually
appears in the film is a brief field-recording of pan pipes.
"Morgengrüss II" and “Agnus Dei” are both re-workings of tracks on
“Einsjäger und Siebenjäger” and “Aguirre II” consists of the first
part of “Lacrimae di Rei” (or “Aguirre I”) and a lush guitar piece
from Daniel Fichelscher. Which leaves “Vergegenwaertigung” (snappy
title huh?), a proto-ambient moog piece consisting of sundry whooshes
and rumbles which appears to date from the early 70s. 7/10

Das Hohelied Salomos (1975)
Having made the useful discovery that Fichelscher could play the
guitar a bit, it sounds on this album as if Fricke got a bit carried
away and allowed Fichelscher to solo over every nook and cranny on
every track - if you are not a fan of guitar solos, this is not the
album for you! For the first time, Fricke is cutting songs down to
their essentials, instead of using successive themes here he
concentrates on one repeated theme or one piano sequence and builds
pieces this way. Here, he also begins re-visiting and re-configuring
themes from other albums ("Hosianna Mantra" in particular). All in
all, this is a very "rock" album. 6/10

Letzte Tage, letzte Nächte (1976)
Even rockier than "Salomos" and considerably heavier. Wall-to-wall
Fichelscher on this album with heavy drums and waves of guitar - some
people have called this the beginning of Vuh's "raga rock" period but
it’s really more rock than raga. Renate Knaup jumps ship from the fast-
sinking Amon Düül II and sings “Dort ist Der Weg” and the title track,
which are surprisingly straight folk-rock songs which even have
English lyrics! Happily, it must be admitted that it still doesn’t
really sound like anyone else. The highlight is probably the
instrumental, “Oh wie nah ist der Weg hinab” which is used to
memorable effect in the opening sequences of Werner Herzog’s “Heart of
Glass”. 8/10

Herz aus Glas (1977)
Throughout this period in Popol Vuh's evolution, Florian Fricke's
piano playing recedes further and further into the mix until, with
this album, it disappears altogether! Although he's credited as
playing piano on this album, I cannot make out a single note of piano
- and as the album is all-instrumental this effectively makes this a
Daniel Fichelscher solo album. The compositions are still recognisably
Fricke's though (one Fichelscher piece aside), the soloing guitars of
the last few albums are placed further back WITHIN each track, which
makes this album considerable less easy to date precisely. Also worth
noting that hardly any of the music on this album actually appears in
the Herzog film it’s nominally the soundtrack to – in fact, most of
the music on the film is from “Letzte Tage, letzte Nächte”. 9/10

Nosferatu (1978)
Another muddled soundtrack album from Herzog’s slightly redundant
version of the F.W. Murnau’s silent classic. Once again, not all that
much which is on this album is actually in the film and much of the
music is from previous albums. A case in the point is 12 minutes or so
of creepy electronic music included here, which, unless my ears very
much deceive me and I don’t think they do, is merely the moog parts
from “In den Gärten Pharaos”. Mind you, at least that music actually
IS in the film (where it works very effectively), a lot here isn’t.
6/10

Bruder des Schattens, Söhne des Lichts (1978)
Having taken the guitar-army raga rock approach as far as he could,
Fricke moved back towards more placid waters on this album: longer and
more hypnotic songs with largely acoustic instrumentation and a more
overt "Eastern" influence. The title track is the best of Popol Vuh’s
long tracks – moving through a Gregorian chant like opening; a
classically influenced section with glacially beautiful woodwind
before the main body of the piece: a long long, hypnotic folk-
influenced mantra. All in all, absolutely stunning. “Höre, der du
Wagst” and “Das Schloss des Irrtums” if anything are even more
repetitive and trance-like – a bit too much for some tastes I would
expect. The closing, “Die Umkehr”, is a slightly doomy and foreboding
folk-rocker which lies somewhere between early Steeleye Span and
Eastern European folk music. 9/10

Der Nacht der Seele (1979)
Very similar in mood and sound to "Brüder" but with shorter, more
concentrated tracks and more use of vocals. Some pieces, such as “Mit
Händen, mit Füssen”, are as beautiful as anything in the Popol Vuh
catalogue, others are more Gothic. Some quite odd percussion pieces
too. Another good album and another short one too! 8/10

Sei still wisse ICH BIN (1981)
Probably the most idiosyncratic Popol Vuh album of them all and one of
the best. Soundtrack to Fricke’s extremely odd “film” of the same name
(sometimes also called “Sinai Desert”) The mantra-like chanting and
extreme repetition that Fricke had been exploring in more and more
detail finds its ultimate expression on this truly unique album. Using
the choir of the Bavarian State Opera, Fricke builds dense and rather
unsettling walls of vocals over thundering, thumping percussion and
Fichelscher’s pleasingly primitive guitar or else strips the music
right down to simple modal melodies. Pretty special. 9/10

Fitzcarraldo (1982)
Not an album I actually own, but given that all of the Popol Vuh music
on it (there’s also some opera on here) is from previous albums,
owning it would be somewhat redundant. One thing to note is that, once
again, some of the music heard in the film isn’t on the soundtrack,
specifically: a sequence which uses, “Singet, denn der Gesang
vertreibt die Wölfe”, which is actually from “Herz aus Glas” (though
not actually in the “Heart of Glass” film – told you it was
confusing!)

Agape-Agape (1983)
OK, eclectic sort of album, which picks up on various threads from the
previous four or five albums. Unfortunately, the re-recording of old
pieces starts in earnest on this album and you wonder why they
bothered following this course. The other problem I find with this
album is simply that it isn’t as well produced as previous albums. But
this has good things on it – the title track for instance while “Why
Do I Still Sleep” is hypnotic to the max. Nice to see Conny Veit back
after an absence of ten years! 7/10

Spirit of Peace (1985)
Just four tracks on this. The opening chant, “We Know About the Need”
can be heard in a Werner Herzog documentary about Reinhold Messner.
The title track is part two of a three part piano suite which is worth
hearing in its entirety, if you can track it down – shows the hitherto
unsuspected influence of Keith Jarrett IMO. “Song of Earth” is the old
“Agnus Dei” tune (used previously in various PV albums) rearranged for
choir and acoustic guitar – 8 whole minutes which is either extremely
boring or extremely hypnotic or (more likely) somewhere between the
two. The 17½ minute “Take the Tention High” (sic) seems to be striving
for a similar feel to “Brüder des Schattens” but lacks dynamics and is
simply TOO repetitive. 6/10

Cobra Verde (1987)
Extremely obscure but surprisingly good soundtrack (probably better
than Herzog’s self-parodic film deserved) – the last good Popol Vuh
album in fact. For the first time in fifteen years, Fricke makes
extended use of electronics, namely the synclavier keyboard. This is
used to create a series of ominous drone pieces and to provide a
subtle orchestral-like backing to the utterly beautiful “Ha’mut, bis
dass die Nacht mit Ruh’ und Stille kommt”. The title track is a
reworking of “Mit Händen, mit Füssen” done in full Gregorian chant
mode. Worth picking up if you can find it – though that is extremely
unlikely! 7/10

For Me and You (1991)
This is the later Guido Hieronymous-guided Popol Vuh which means: some
music which has nothing to do with Popol Vuh as we know and love them;
some pointless re-workings of old material; some good stuff where
Fricke and Fichelscher seem more involved. The stand out here is the
four-part “Om Mani Padme Hum” which is built around Fricke’s piano and
Renate Knaup’s voice, which can only be a good thing. Part 4 is
especially exquisite. 5/10

City Raga (who cares?)
Played this once I think – didn’t hear enough of Popol Vuh on this to
play it again. No rating therefore.

Quincy

Mar 7, 2010, 12:15:24 PM3/7/10

I actually have the Herzog Collection (5 DVDs) at home. I love
Aguirre, that one is recommended. Kinski at his best.

Quincy

Mar 7, 2010, 12:16:58 PM3/7/10

If I would be gay and marry Werner Herzog, he could use that name.

Sakari Lund

Mar 7, 2010, 12:25:03 PM3/7/10
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:15:24 -0800 (PST), Quincy <ab...@email.de>
wrote:

>On 7 Mrz., 03:22, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> If yes, which one would you recommend. I recently was hearing Popol

>> Vuh's "Nosferatu: Br�der des Schattens - S�hne des Lichts" album (a

>> very good one) and read about it. It is apparently a great Werner
>> Herzog movie and Popol Vuh have done music for several for his
>> movies.
>>
>> What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.
>
>I actually have the Herzog Collection (5 DVDs) at home. I love
>Aguirre, that one is recommended. Kinski at his best.

I am more interested in Klaus Kinski's daughter...

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 12:30:18 PM3/7/10

what about the rest?

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 12:31:16 PM3/7/10
On Mar 7, 11:25 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:15:24 -0800 (PST), Quincy <ab...@email.de>
> wrote:
>
> >On 7 Mrz., 03:22, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> If yes, which one would you recommend. I recently was hearing Popol
> >> Vuh's "Nosferatu: Brüder des Schattens - Söhne des Lichts" album (a

> >> very good one) and read about it. It is apparently a great Werner
> >> Herzog movie and Popol Vuh have done music for several for his
> >> movies.
>
> >> What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.
>
> >I actually have the Herzog Collection (5 DVDs) at home. I love
> >Aguirre, that one is recommended. Kinski at his best.
>
> I am more interested in Klaus Kinski's daughter...

Nastassja Kinski is super hot.

Sakari Lund

Mar 7, 2010, 12:39:58 PM3/7/10
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:31:16 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great"
<zepf...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mar 7, 11:25�am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:15:24 -0800 (PST), Quincy <ab...@email.de>
>> wrote:

>> >I actually have the Herzog Collection (5 DVDs) at home. I love
>> >Aguirre, that one is recommended. Kinski at his best.
>>
>> I am more interested in Klaus Kinski's daughter...
>
>Nastassja Kinski is super hot.

Yes.

Would you agree she is hotter than Graf, Hingis and Sharapova? :-)

number_six

Mar 7, 2010, 12:48:49 PM3/7/10
On Mar 7, 9:25 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:15:24 -0800 (PST), Quincy <ab...@email.de>
> wrote:
>
> >On 7 Mrz., 03:22, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> If yes, which one would you recommend. I recently was hearing Popol
> >> Vuh's "Nosferatu: Brüder des Schattens - Söhne des Lichts" album (a

> >> very good one) and read about it. It is apparently a great Werner
> >> Herzog movie and Popol Vuh have done music for several for his
> >> movies.
>
> >> What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.
>
> >I actually have the Herzog Collection (5 DVDs) at home. I love
> >Aguirre, that one is recommended. Kinski at his best.
>
> I am more interested in Klaus Kinski's daughter...

Cat People? Not a great movie, but Nastassja...wow.

Pelle Svanslös

Mar 7, 2010, 12:48:52 PM3/7/10

Nobody has the girl from next door, slut balance quite like Hingis has.

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 1:03:44 PM3/7/10

Of course, she is on another level. Can't compare most beautiful
actresses to the most beautiful tennis players.

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 1:08:43 PM3/7/10

Quincy

Mar 7, 2010, 1:17:50 PM3/7/10

there aren't any bad Herzog movies, so take whatever you want.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001348/filmorate

Quincy

Mar 7, 2010, 1:18:36 PM3/7/10

was super hot.

Anyway, it's a miracle of nature considering her father...

Sakari Lund

Mar 7, 2010, 1:24:28 PM3/7/10
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:48:49 -0800 (PST), number_six
<cybe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mar 7, 9:25�am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:15:24 -0800 (PST), Quincy <ab...@email.de>
>> wrote:

>> >I actually have the Herzog Collection (5 DVDs) at home. I love
>> >Aguirre, that one is recommended. Kinski at his best.
>>
>> I am more interested in Klaus Kinski's daughter...
>
>Cat People? Not a great movie, but Nastassja...wow.

I saw a movie of hers when I was maybe 12-13. She was incredibly sexy
in that movie, at least at that age I was really impressed... I
remember some scenes. I don't remember what movie it was. In recent
years I have tried to search for that movie fron IMDB and other
sources out of curiosity, but it almost seems such a film doesn't
exist. I can't find anything from that era (should be from early 80's
at the latest) that sounds anything like it. Cat People is one movie I
have read about in this context, but it sounds very different.

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 1:26:24 PM3/7/10
lol, I saw pictures of her dad. He looks like a vampire.

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 1:27:56 PM3/7/10

I saw her first in Unfaithfully Yours. I thought the movie was very
funny and she was a good actress. But I think she was too hot to be
taken seriously.

number_six

Mar 7, 2010, 1:42:46 PM3/7/10
> have read about in this context, but it sounds very different.- Hide quoted text -

To the Devil A Daughter?

Quincy

Mar 7, 2010, 1:59:16 PM3/7/10

Here is picture of Kinski in his best years:

http://www.incontention.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/nosferatukinski.jpg

I am happy to have found a better picture of him.

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 2:00:27 PM3/7/10
On Mar 7, 12:24 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:48:49 -0800 (PST), number_six
>

> <cyberi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >On Mar 7, 9:25 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

> >> I am more interested in Klaus Kinski's daughter...
>
> >Cat People?  Not a great movie, but Nastassja...wow.
>
> I saw a movie of hers when I was maybe 12-13. She was incredibly sexy
> in that movie, at least at that age I was really impressed...  I
> remember some scenes.

Whats the plot of the movie? Is it Stay As You Are - 1978. She looks
really beautiful in that movie.

TT

Mar 7, 2010, 2:43:31 PM3/7/10
Raja, The Great wrote:
> lol, I saw pictures of her dad. He looks like a vampire.

He's great. You've seen him if you're seen Leone's "For a Few Dollars
More" ...If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do...

Sakari Lund

Mar 7, 2010, 2:44:10 PM3/7/10

I don't remember the plot, I just remember a few scenes.

> Is it Stay As You Are - 1978. She looks
>really beautiful in that movie.

I don't think so, and I don't think so for the suggestion of
number_six either. But then again, I don't remember what the movie was
about, so maybe it could be one of them.

Quincy

Mar 7, 2010, 2:47:45 PM3/7/10

I saw it two days ago and ordered some strike-anywhere-matches and
burned my finger lol.

Just wondering if it's really better than TGTBTU.

TT

Mar 7, 2010, 3:21:38 PM3/7/10
Quincy wrote:
> On 7 Mrz., 20:43, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:
>> Raja, The Great wrote:
>>> lol, I saw pictures of her dad. He looks like a vampire.
>> He's great. You've seen him if you're seen Leone's "For a Few Dollars
>> More" ...If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do...
>
> I saw it two days ago and ordered some strike-anywhere-matches and
> burned my finger lol.

Now where can you find those? I thought they hang you for using them,
it's against EU regulations you know...
:-P

> Just wondering if it's really better than TGTBTU.

I thought MANY years that Few Dollars was the better one, watched it
many many times. Now though I've come to my senses and think The Good is
greater as a movie...I just used to like the former more. But hey,
nothing wrong with either one.

Quincy

Mar 7, 2010, 3:47:01 PM3/7/10
On 7 Mrz., 21:21, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:
> Quincy wrote:
> >> He's great. You've seen him if you're seen Leone's "For a Few Dollars
> >> More" ...If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do...
>
> > I saw it two days ago and ordered some strike-anywhere-matches and
> > burned my finger lol.
>
> Now where can you find those? I thought they hang you for using them,
> it's against EU regulations you know...

http://www.asmc.de/en/Outdoor-Survival/Fire-Starters/Survival-matches-Ueberallzuender-p.html

You may use them, but you may not carry them in security areas like
airplanes.

But this is bullshit as they do not burn that fast. You can only
inflame them on hard surfaces. There is no chance on jeans, beard,
shoes or something that isn't very hard.

I think in the Westerns they use matches with white phophor, those
inflame (and explode:) much easier. But those I have are already quite
cool.

Superdave

Mar 7, 2010, 5:47:21 PM3/7/10

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 5:51:19 PM3/7/10
On Mar 7, 4:47 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:25:03 +0200, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> >On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:15:24 -0800 (PST), Quincy <ab...@email.de>
> >wrote:

> >>I actually have the Herzog Collection (5 DVDs) at home. I love
> >>Aguirre, that one is recommended. Kinski at his best.
>
> >I am more interested in Klaus Kinski's daughter...
>
> erm ... i'll take olivia wilde !
>
> http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/olivia-wilde...

> she is also #1 on maxim magazines hot 100 !
>
> http://www.maxim.com/girls/articles/79154/2009-hot-100.html

Yeah Olivia Wilde is very beautiful as well.

Superdave

Mar 7, 2010, 6:16:58 PM3/7/10
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:51:19 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Mar 7, 4:47�pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

She is also a very well spoken very intelligent very sexy lady.

I saw her on HBO realtime with Bill Maher a week ago last Friday and I couldn't
take my eyes off her.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/TalaTati19/Celebrities/olivia-wilde-90110007.jpg

Superdave

Mar 7, 2010, 6:23:41 PM3/7/10
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 07:16:58 +0800, Superdave <the.big.r...@gmail.com>
wrote:

with her hair "back" she actually has a bit of that "hingis" look. guess it's
the high forehead.

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/oliviawilde/olivia_wilde_1.jpg

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 6:37:19 PM3/7/10
On Mar 7, 5:16 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:51:19 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com>
> http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/TalaTati19/Celebrities/olivi...

yeah I was watching that show just for her. She is intelligent.

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 6:38:06 PM3/7/10
On Mar 7, 5:23 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 07:16:58 +0800, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:51:19 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com>

> >wrote:

> >>Yeah Olivia Wilde is very beautiful as well.
>
> >She is also a very well spoken very intelligent very sexy lady.
>
> >I saw her on HBO realtime with Bill Maher a week ago last Friday and I couldn't
> >take my eyes off her.
>
> >http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq117/TalaTati19/Celebrities/olivi...

> with her hair "back" she actually has a bit of that "hingis" look. guess it's
> the high forehead.
>
> http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/oliviawilde/olivia_wil...

I saw her in the movie Turistas. Its a good horror movie set in
Brazil.

Superdave

Mar 7, 2010, 6:40:28 PM3/7/10

Superdave

Mar 7, 2010, 6:46:26 PM3/7/10
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 15:37:19 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

they are so much nicer to fuck when they actually have a brain to accompany
their body.

Superdave

Mar 7, 2010, 7:01:22 PM3/7/10
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 15:38:06 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I haven't seen that because I don't like horror flics but I have dowloaded
Alpha Dog to watch tonight. I "think" she does nude in that one, not sure
though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426883/

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 7:05:06 PM3/7/10
On Mar 7, 6:01 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 15:38:06 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com>

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2891345/olivia_wilde/

;-)

Superdave

Mar 7, 2010, 7:17:54 PM3/7/10
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 16:05:06 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

from imdb about Alpha Dog:

Eye Candy: Amber Heard, Amanda Seyfried, and Olivia Wilde all get topless; while
Heather Wahlquist showcases her magnificent ass

Raja, The Great

Mar 7, 2010, 7:38:16 PM3/7/10
On Mar 7, 6:17 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 16:05:06 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com>

I guess you are ready for a night of spanking the monkey ;-)

bob

Mar 7, 2010, 7:49:54 PM3/7/10
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 18:22:53 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great"
<zepf...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>If yes, which one would you recommend. I recently was hearing Popol
>Vuh's "Nosferatu: Br�der des Schattens - S�hne des Lichts" album (a
>very good one) and read about it. It is apparently a great Werner
>Herzog movie and Popol Vuh have done music for several for his
>movies.
>
>What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.

watched a documentary, Grizzly Man, couple yrs back. excellent.
watched it twice actually.

bob

bob

Mar 7, 2010, 7:50:24 PM3/7/10
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 05:06:52 +0200, TT <n...@email.org> wrote:

>Raja, The Great wrote:
>> If yes, which one would you recommend. I recently was hearing Popol
>> Vuh's "Nosferatu: Br�der des Schattens - S�hne des Lichts" album (a
>> very good one) and read about it. It is apparently a great Werner
>> Herzog movie and Popol Vuh have done music for several for his
>> movies.
>>
>> What are his best movies, in case you have watched his movies.
>

>Can I answer? :)
>
>Start with...
>
>"Aguirre, Wrath of God"
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068182/
>
>I'd put this one in top 20-50 films I've seen. Absolutely brilliant
>picture...I Rate it 9/10, at least.
>
>_After_ that you could watch...
>"Mein liebster Feind - Klaus Kinski"
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200849/
>
>...Which is rather interesting stuff about his love-hate work
>relationship with the actor Klaus Kinski.
>
>I have had "Fitzcarraldo" on my computer for a while, expecting it to be
>close resemblance to "Aquirre..."...planning to watch it soonish.
>
>Recently I watched the documentary "Grizzly Man"...which I didn't like
>that much.

what did you not like about grizzly man?

bob

bubba

Mar 8, 2010, 12:57:41 AM3/8/10
On Mar 7, 12:31 pm, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mar 7, 11:25 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:15:24 -0800 (PST), Quincy <ab...@email.de>
> > wrote:

> > >I actually have the Herzog Collection (5 DVDs) at home. I love
> > >Aguirre, that one is recommended. Kinski at his best.
>
> > I am more interested in Klaus Kinski's daughter...
>
> Nastassja Kinski is super hot.- Hide quoted text -

why do you weave a web of non-gay deceit?

bubba

Mar 8, 2010, 1:00:57 AM3/8/10
> I guess you are ready for a night of spanking the monkey ;-)- Hide quoted text -

you need a spanking?