Rafa out of Paris Indoors

Patrick Kehoe

Oct 24, 2014, 12:08:50 PM10/24/14
Rafa's pulled out of Paris Indoor event... doesn't bode well for London participation this year...

Which, would be the best thing for his prep for AO 2015, IF, Rafa needs surgery and one would think that's inevitable... So, better to get it over with and get into recovery phase as early as possible...

ahonkan

Oct 24, 2014, 2:35:38 PM10/24/14
Does anyone have a count of the number of years Rafa has been out for
'medical reasons' at the end of the season? Doesn't it smell funny?

TennisGuy

Oct 24, 2014, 4:05:12 PM10/24/14
Sure smells funny to me!

--
"I don't decide what's important, I merely reflect it." - Whisper

"Better polish that turd...errr mirror, because nothing important has
come our way yet." - TennisGuy

Court_1

Oct 24, 2014, 4:10:56 PM10/24/14
On Friday, October 24, 2014 4:05:12 PM UTC-4, TennisGuy wrote:
> On 10/24/2014 2:35 PM, ahonkan wrote:
> > On Friday, 24 October 2014 21:38:50 UTC+5:30, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> >> Rafa's pulled out of Paris Indoor event... doesn't bode well for London participation this year...
> >>
> >> Which, would be the best thing for his prep for AO 2015, IF, Rafa needs surgery and one would think that's inevitable... So, better to get it over with and get into recovery phase as early as possible...

> > Does anyone have a count of the number of years Rafa has been out for
> > 'medical reasons' at the end of the season? Doesn't it smell funny?
> >

> Sure smells funny to me!

Yep, it stinks. And why did Nadal state that he is not playing Paris due to "personal reasons?" Why not state he is having appendix surgery since we have been hearing about his bloody appendix for weeks. Very strange. Why the mystery?

TT

Oct 24, 2014, 4:12:51 PM10/24/14
24.10.2014 21:35, ahonkan kirjoitti:

> Does anyone have a count of the number of years Rafa has been out for
> 'medical reasons' at the end of the season? Doesn't it smell funny?

So rafa doesn't have appendicitis?

TT

Oct 24, 2014, 4:16:39 PM10/24/14
24.10.2014 23:09, Court_1 kirjoitti:
> Yep, it stinks. And why did Nadal state that he is not playing Paris due to "personal reasons?" Why not state he is having appendix surgery since we have been hearing about his bloody appendix for weeks. Very strange. Why the mystery?

I agree it's strange. Actually during the first set I got worried that
something else than the appendix has happened. Wasn't only his game but
also mentality, very unlike Rafa.

If it was appendix why not just say so?

Court_1

Oct 24, 2014, 4:22:25 PM10/24/14
If he does, it certainly is strange that he would play friggin' Basel of all things, contract or no contract.

jdeluise

Oct 24, 2014, 4:30:32 PM10/24/14
Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> writes:

> If he does, it certainly is strange that he would play friggin' Basel
> of all things, contract or no contract.

Poor TT thought Nadal's career win % would just keep on rising until
retirement....

ahonkan

Oct 24, 2014, 4:41:15 PM10/24/14
On Saturday, 25 October 2014 02:00:32 UTC+5:30, jdeluise wrote:
> Court_1 writes:
>

> > If he does, it certainly is strange that he would play friggin' Basel
> > of all things, contract or no contract.
>
> Poor TT thought Nadal's career win % would just keep on rising until
> retirement....

When it drops below Fed's, it will be dropped as a GOAT measure in
time-tested Whisper style :-)

TT

Oct 24, 2014, 4:42:58 PM10/24/14
That's one reason why it was silly to play these two events with
appenciditis. Heck the match against Lopez was just silly.

ahonkan

Oct 24, 2014, 4:50:20 PM10/24/14
On Saturday, 25 October 2014 02:12:58 UTC+5:30, TT wrote:

> That's one reason why it was silly to play these two events with
> appenciditis. Heck the match against Lopez was just silly.

Assuming he has Appendicitis. It is entirely possible his team
throws darts at a human body diagram and the part nearest to the
most darts is declared as the injured part.

Pep...@angelic.com

Oct 24, 2014, 4:52:39 PM10/24/14
He's having his ass sewn up. Seems Coric roughed him up a bit.

Pep...@angelic.com

Oct 24, 2014, 4:55:37 PM10/24/14
That's what Rafa says after smelling his fingers.

After getting jumped by a 17 year old, it's bound to smell pretty bad.

Pep...@angelic.com

Oct 24, 2014, 4:57:03 PM10/24/14
Had a deal to play Basel. Now that's done he can get he butt sewn up so Feli can jump him before Christmas.

Court_1

Oct 24, 2014, 4:58:59 PM10/24/14
LOL. That sounds likely at this point. It is hard to believe he has appendicitis.

*skriptis

Oct 24, 2014, 5:01:04 PM10/24/14
My firend told the match was fixed. Both Coric and Nadal belong to the same
IGM ageny and since Coric is (surely-probably) next big name, they cashed
the oportunity to have him "beat Nadal" in a non-relevant match.

That could explain Nadal's discomfort in this match.

Court_1

Oct 24, 2014, 5:06:07 PM10/24/14
On Friday, October 24, 2014 5:01:04 PM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:

> Both Coric and Nadal belong to the same
> IGM ageny

WTF is IGM? You mean IMG? Nadal has not been with IMG for years!

guypers

Oct 24, 2014, 5:17:45 PM10/24/14
On Friday, October 24, 2014 5:01:04 PM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:
You are so full of shit moron!

*skriptis

Oct 24, 2014, 6:30:03 PM10/24/14

"Court_1" <olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
yeah, IGM is the name.

I don't know what agency Nadal belongs to, neither i know about Coric. I

I just reposted what friend said, as it seemed funny and approapriate here
when discussing all possible and unpossible reasons why Nadal lost that
match. :)

TennisGuy

Oct 24, 2014, 6:32:49 PM10/24/14
On 10/24/2014 4:44 PM, *skriptis wrote:

> My firend told the match was fixed. Both Coric and Nadal belong to the same
> IGM ageny and since Coric is (surely-probably) next big name, they cashed
> the oportunity to have him "beat Nadal" in a non-relevant match.
>
> That could explain Nadal's discomfort in this match.

Name of 'friend' or it never happened.

*skriptis

Oct 24, 2014, 7:01:05 PM10/24/14
TennisGuy wrote:
> On 10/24/2014 4:44 PM, *skriptis wrote:
>

>> My firend told the match was fixed. Both Coric and Nadal belong to
>> the same IGM ageny and since Coric is (surely-probably) next big
>> name, they cashed the oportunity to have him "beat Nadal" in a
>> non-relevant match. That could explain Nadal's discomfort in this match.
>>

> Name of 'friend' or it never happened.

He is not some public person, he's a nobody important, that was only a joke
for christ's sake.

But here's a funny story, that is true.

He met Canas in Umag this year, sometimes at 4am.
He approached him and (both basically drunk and/or more) told him how he
admired him for beating Federer two times in two weeks.

At which Canas supposedly starting laughing and told him, yeah, I
crushed/gave Federer a spank two times. (This is interesting because it
gives as insight about players and how do they percieve h2h, very personal).

Then he asked Canas, who was the greatest/best player and Canas, without
saying a lot, made this gesture. He put his hand about head level and said
Nadal.....and then he lowered his hand to belly level..and said "everybody
else".

ca1houn

Oct 24, 2014, 7:13:47 PM10/24/14
then he should have not played, if you step on the court then your ready to play

ca1houn

Oct 24, 2014, 7:14:53 PM10/24/14
i guess the 10 years miss woulg have hurt his cash flow

TT

Oct 24, 2014, 7:24:27 PM10/24/14
25.10.2014 1:51, *skriptis kirjoitti:
> At which Canas supposedly starting laughing and told him, yeah, I
> crushed/gave Federer a spank two times. (This is interesting because it
> gives as insight about players and how do they percieve h2h, very personal).

Yes. I know it's personal. Each time I beat a Finnish champ I'm certain
that I'm better than him. That guy has nothing on me.

> Then he asked Canas, who was the greatest/best player and Canas, without
> saying a lot, made this gesture. He put his hand about head level and said
> Nadal.....and then he lowered his hand to belly level..and said "everybody
> else".

Great story! And I believe that's true as well, since Canas is the type
that can see through bs.

*skriptis

Oct 24, 2014, 8:01:04 PM10/24/14
So basically this confirms Whisper theory that players can't percieve as
better those who they have no trouble beating.

that friend also knows one of the guys in the coaching stuff of one the
croatian players. and that guy told my friend that federer is most respected
of all the players on tour, doesn't socialize that much with others, but has
everyone's total respect in the locker room.
he also said nadal's modesty in person is real too, that he is always nice
to him.

Fednatic

Oct 24, 2014, 11:02:40 PM10/24/14
The mystery is that fucking fans like you STILL don't see him for the
CHEAT he is or simply don't care.

Fednatic

Oct 24, 2014, 11:03:16 PM10/24/14
He was TOTALLY outplayed. End of story.

Fednatic

Oct 24, 2014, 11:04:15 PM10/24/14

Fednatic

Oct 24, 2014, 11:04:40 PM10/24/14
Do NOT make EXCUSES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fednatic

Oct 24, 2014, 11:05:15 PM10/24/14

Fednatic

Oct 24, 2014, 11:06:04 PM10/24/14
Perhaps appendicitis is just a cover ? He's actually pregnant with
Fel's baby?

Fednatic

Oct 24, 2014, 11:06:32 PM10/24/14

Whisper

Oct 26, 2014, 12:20:21 AM10/26/14
On 25/10/2014 7:09 AM, Court_1 wrote:
> On Friday, October 24, 2014 4:05:12 PM UTC-4, TennisGuy wrote:

>>> Does anyone have a count of the number of years Rafa has been out for
>>> 'medical reasons' at the end of the season? Doesn't it smell funny?
>>>

>> Sure smells funny to me!
>

> Yep, it stinks. And why did Nadal state that he is not playing Paris due to "personal reasons?" Why not state he is having appendix surgery since we have been hearing about his bloody appendix for weeks. Very strange. Why the mystery?

Because it's not professional to say 'I'm burnt out & can't do it'. He
has contractual obligations too.

I guess he shouldn't be making them if he knows he's going to be burnt
out, but that's pressure from his minders.

Whisper

Oct 26, 2014, 12:31:12 AM10/26/14
It's a tune-up pal - don't worry about it.

Court_1

Oct 26, 2014, 12:44:30 AM10/26/14
But they are saying he is having appendix surgery Nov. 3. so why say "personal reasons" and not due to appendicitis after he has been blabbing about appendicitis for weeks. The Nadal camp changes its tune every week.