WTF moments #8765: Trump gives Merkel a bill for NATO

Pelle Svanslös

Mar 27, 2017, 6:13:23 AM3/27/17
In yet another WTF moment uncovered from President Donald Trump’s
disastrous meeting with Chancellor Angela Merkel last weekend, The
Sunday Times is reporting that Trump actually serviced the German leader
with a fake invoice for $300 billion, for NATO services. From the piece:

Donald Trump handed the German chancellor Angela Merkel a bill — thought
to be for more than £300bn — for money her country “owed” NATO for
defending it when they met last weekend, German government sources have
revealed.

The bill — handed over during private talks in Washington — was
described as “outrageous” by one German minister.

“The concept behind putting out such demands is to intimidate the other
side, but the chancellor took it calmly and will not respond to such
provocations,” the minister said.

To be clear, this is not how NATO works, and Germany doesn’t owe the US
any such moneys. But at this point, we apparently can’t expect the
president to know how NATO works at all.

http://www.spin.com/2017/03/donald-trump-actually-gave-a-300b-bill-to-angela-merkel/

*skriptis

Mar 27, 2017, 7:01:02 AM3/27/17
Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:
> In yet another WTF moment uncovered from President Donald Trump?s
> disastrous meeting with Chancellor Angela Merkel last weekend, The
> Sunday Times is reporting that Trump actually serviced the German leader
> with a fake invoice for $300 billion, for NATO services. From the piece:
>
> Donald Trump handed the German chancellor Angela Merkel a bill ? thought
> to be for more than £300bn ? for money her country ?owed? NATO for
> defending it when they met last weekend, German government sources have
> revealed.
>
> The bill ? handed over during private talks in Washington ? was
> described as ?outrageous? by one German minister.
>
> ?The concept behind putting out such demands is to intimidate the other
> side, but the chancellor took it calmly and will not respond to such
> provocations,? the minister said.
>
> To be clear, this is not how NATO works, and Germany doesn?t owe the US
> any such moneys. But at this point, we apparently can?t expect the
Why is a provocation to ask for money for the provocations you do
on someone else's behalf?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

pari...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2017, 8:12:14 AM3/27/17
NATO doesn't owe anything to the US directly you moron. Go do your homework on how the alliance works.

This is why the deplorables still believe this fool.

TT

Mar 27, 2017, 8:24:01 AM3/27/17
27.3.2017, 13:13, Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti:
> Donald Trump handed the German chancellor Angela Merkel a bill — thought
> to be for more than £300bn — for money her country “owed” NATO for
> defending it when they met last weekend, German government sources have
> revealed.

Jesus. No facepalm is big enough for this.

Was the payment addressed to Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin?

The Iceberg

Mar 27, 2017, 9:11:51 AM3/27/17
On Monday, 27 March 2017 13:12:14 UTC+1, pari...@gmail.com wrote:
> NATO doesn't owe anything to the US directly you moron. Go do your homework on how the alliance works.
>
> This is why the deplorables still believe this fool.

Germany has no power compared to the USA.

*skriptis

Mar 27, 2017, 10:01:03 AM3/27/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
> 27.3.2017, 13:13, Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti:
>> Donald Trump handed the German chancellor Angela Merkel a bill ? thought
>> to be for more than £300bn ? for money her country ?owed? NATO for
>> defending it when they met last weekend, German government sources have
>> revealed.
>
> Jesus. No facepalm is big enough for this.
>
> Was the payment addressed to Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin?

USA is a senior partner to Russia and China in ruling the world.
Necons still think USA alone calls the shots. No, America is the
most powerful nation on Earth, but it's not the only big power.
Just the biggest.

NATO members are US vassals and Trump can treat them any way he
likes, Obama can bug them, etc and there's nothing they can do
but obey.

Trump is annoyed that US is actually paying more than their
vassals, and that makes no sense so he's out to there to fix it.

Anyone with a 10% of brain would have done the same. Make Germany
build kindergartens in US.

Not directly of course, but indirectly. When Germany pays their
share for military warmongering against Russia, America can spend
less.

Great for America.
No difference for Russia.
Bad for Germany.

reilloc

Mar 27, 2017, 10:55:15 AM3/27/17
It's less than amateurish to reduce the relationship between these
parties to one of debtor-creditor. It wouldn't be unexpected for the
putative "debtor," learning that the "creditor" viewed the relationship
that way, to begin to keep an accounting, going forward, and to
terminate engaging in all behaviors inconsistent with any other
understanding of the scope of the engagement.

This approach has to have come from Trump, himself. Nobody with any
experience in governmental international relations would take any step
that might result in giving a friendly foreign power such a valid reason
to question the good faith of another power.

In other words, Germany, hearing how the United States views it, would
not be unjustified in saying, "If that's all we are to each other, fine.
We'll look elsewhere for alliances that attach value to our worth as a
sovereign and a people and govern our actions according to what you've
communicated to us are your expectations if and when incidents arise."

LNC

---
http://www.avg.com

*skriptis

Mar 27, 2017, 11:30:02 AM3/27/17
reilloc <rei...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> On 3/27/2017 5:13 AM, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
>> In yet another WTF moment uncovered from President Donald Trump?s
>> disastrous meeting with Chancellor Angela Merkel last weekend, The
>> Sunday Times is reporting that Trump actually serviced the German leader
>> with a fake invoice for $300 billion, for NATO services. From the piece:
>>
>> Donald Trump handed the German chancellor Angela Merkel a bill ? thought
>> to be for more than Ł300bn ? for money her country ?owed? NATO for
>> defending it when they met last weekend, German government sources have
>> revealed.
>>
>> The bill ? handed over during private talks in Washington ? was
>> described as ?outrageous? by one German minister.
>>
>> ?The concept behind putting out such demands is to intimidate the other
>> side, but the chancellor took it calmly and will not respond to such
>> provocations,? the minister said.
>>
>> To be clear, this is not how NATO works, and Germany doesn?t owe the US
>> any such moneys. But at this point, we apparently can?t expect the
>> president to know how NATO works at all.
>>
>> http://www.spin.com/2017/03/donald-trump-actually-gave-a-300b-bill-to-angela-merkel/
>>

> It's less than amateurish to reduce the relationship between these
> parties to one of debtor-creditor. It wouldn't be unexpected for the
> putative "debtor," learning that the "creditor" viewed the relationship
> that way, to begin to keep an accounting, going forward, and to
> terminate engaging in all behaviors inconsistent with any other
> understanding of the scope of the engagement.
>
> This approach has to have come from Trump, himself. Nobody with any
> experience in governmental international relations would take any step
> that might result in giving a friendly foreign power such a valid reason
> to question the good faith of another power.
>
> In other words, Germany, hearing how the United States views it, would
> not be unjustified in saying, "If that's all we are to each other, fine.
> We'll look elsewhere for alliances

LOL

The Iceberg

Mar 27, 2017, 6:10:52 PM3/27/17
Obama was China's poodle, the Donald is changing that starting with Germany.