Contest results

Hops

Jun 10, 2011, 12:00:41 PM6/10/11
Belated congrats to Dave Hazelwood, aka Superdave, winner of the rst
slam prediction contest for 2011 Roland Garros:

http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2011sp_RG.html

Luke Tang grabs the overall lead midway thru the year:

http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2011sp_OS.html

see you next week for Wimbledon.

TT

Jun 10, 2011, 12:18:40 PM6/10/11

Congrats Superdave!

Katya

Jun 10, 2011, 1:22:48 PM6/10/11

Ditto!

TT, send him a sixpack.
What is Finland's best beer ? (or your favourite -Pilsner, wheat,
dark ..?)

Scott

Jun 10, 2011, 6:53:49 PM6/10/11

if only Dave had Nadal beating Murray and Federer. how hard was that
to predict?!!!

bob

Jun 10, 2011, 8:36:04 PM6/10/11
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:00:41 -0700 (PDT), Hops <kev...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Belated congrats to Dave Hazelwood, aka Superdave, winner of the rst
>slam prediction contest for 2011 Roland Garros:
>
>http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2011sp_RG.html

in a heavily biased pro fed group, people picked nadal about 3:1 to
win the tournament. then those same people say fed is BOAT?

bob

felangey

Jun 10, 2011, 8:46:02 PM6/10/11
> in a heavily biased pro fed group, people picked nadal about 3:1 to
> win the tournament. then those same people say fed is BOAT?<

Are you drunk?

Superdave

Jun 10, 2011, 8:47:23 PM6/10/11

bow

kipps

Jun 10, 2011, 9:11:25 PM6/10/11

I posted as KPS for the AO 16 points in all?
Thnx

GOYLE

Jun 10, 2011, 9:43:02 PM6/10/11
On Jun 10, 7:36 pm, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:00:41 -0700 (PDT), Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com>

> wrote:
>
> >Belated congrats to Dave Hazelwood, aka Superdave, winner of the rst
> >slam prediction contest for 2011 Roland Garros:
>
> >http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2011sp_RG.html
>
> in a heavily biased pro fed group, people picked nadal about 3:1 to
> win the tournament. then those same people say fed is BOAT?
>
> bob

Actually I picked Novak. I didn't see it coming that Federer would
defeat Novak. If Novak wasn't considered in the picture and hadn't had
his great run and it was just Nadal and Federer I would have picked
Nadal. As it stands now I can't be sure who I'll pick of the 3, Novak,
Federer, or Nadal for Wimbly.

Superdave

Jun 11, 2011, 1:13:58 AM6/11/11

of course.

he doesn't CHEAT !

Sakari Lund

Jun 12, 2011, 3:59:32 PM6/12/11
wrote:

>Belated congrats to Dave Hazelwood, aka Superdave, winner of the rst

It is mostly Gio and Dave winning the contests these days. And
amzingly they are winning the contests when Fed doesn't even win the
slam...

Li Na - Schiavone double was great work. Congrats!

Sakari Lund

Jun 12, 2011, 4:09:28 PM6/12/11
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:22:48 -0700 (PDT), Katya
<katya...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 10, 12:18 pm, TT <as...@usenet.org> wrote:
>> 10.6.2011 19:00, Hops kirjoitti:
>>
>> > Belated congrats to Dave Hazelwood, aka Superdave, winner of the rst
>> > slam prediction contest for 2011 Roland Garros:
>>
>> >http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2011sp_RG.html
>>
>> > Luke Tang grabs the overall lead midway thru the year:
>>
>> >http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2011sp_OS.html
>>
>> > see you next week for Wimbledon.
>>
>> Congrats Superdave!
>
>Ditto!
>
>TT, send him a sixpack.

Do you know that they are trying to create a sixpack government here?
Almost two months since the election and really difficult to build a
government. They are now trying to build it from six vastly different
parties from right to left. It is called "sixpack" everywhere.

>What is Finland's best beer ? (or your favourite -Pilsner, wheat,
>dark ..?)

My answer is "Karhu". It is lager, like most Finnish beers.

Superdave

Jun 12, 2011, 9:21:40 PM6/12/11

Thanks man ! I must admit it took a bit of insite, thought and courage but
ahonken had the same scent as I did. It's nice to look beyond the seeding
and try and figure out who really is playing well and not just pick from the
few who are expected to win in monkey see monkey do fashion.

Of course I could have done even better if I set aside my Fed loyalty.
But I won't. I never will. True Fed fans are just like that.

Patrick Kehoe

Jun 13, 2011, 2:56:12 AM6/13/11
On Jun 12, 6:21 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:59:32 +0300, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> >On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:00:41 -0700 (PDT), Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com>

> >wrote:
>
> >>Belated congrats to Dave Hazelwood, aka Superdave, winner of the rst
> >>slam prediction contest for 2011 Roland Garros:
>
> >>http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2011sp_RG.html
>
> >>Luke Tang grabs the overall lead midway thru the year:
>
> >>http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2011sp_OS.html
>
> >>see you next week for Wimbledon.
>
> >It is mostly Gio and Dave winning the contests these days. And
> >amzingly they are winning the contests when Fed doesn't even win the
> >slam...
>
> >Li Na - Schiavone double was great work. Congrats!
>
> Thanks man ! I must admit it took a bit of insite, thought and courage but
> ahonken had the same scent as I did. It's nice to look beyond the seeding
> and try and figure out who really is playing well and not just pick from the
> few who are expected to win in monkey see monkey do fashion.
>
> Of course I could have done even better if I set aside my Fed loyalty.
> But I won't. I never will. True Fed fans are just like that.- Hide quoted text -

Well done Dave... TRUE Tier One'er...

TT

Jun 13, 2011, 3:34:10 AM6/13/11

Dave upped his 0 from AO...

Sakari Lund

Jun 13, 2011, 5:49:55 AM6/13/11
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:21:40 +0800, Superdave
<the.big.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:59:32 +0300, Sakari Lund <sakar...@welho.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:00:41 -0700 (PDT), Hops <kev...@yahoo.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Belated congrats to Dave Hazelwood, aka Superdave, winner of the rst
>>>slam prediction contest for 2011 Roland Garros:
>>>
>>>http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2011sp_RG.html
>>>

>>>Luke Tang grabs the overall lead midway thru the year:
>>>
>>>http://www.tennis28.com/funstuff/rst_2011sp_OS.html
>>>

>>>see you next week for Wimbledon.
>>
>>It is mostly Gio and Dave winning the contests these days. And
>>amzingly they are winning the contests when Fed doesn't even win the
>>slam...
>>
>>Li Na - Schiavone double was great work. Congrats!
>

>Thanks man ! I must admit it took a bit of insite, thought and courage but
>ahonken had the same scent as I did. It's nice to look beyond the seeding
>and try and figure out who really is playing well and not just pick from the
>few who are expected to win in monkey see monkey do fashion.

You shouldn't have said that. Makes me think you were just lucky. Li
Na and Schiavone certainly were not playing well before the
tournament... :-)

Superdave

Jun 13, 2011, 6:07:06 AM6/13/11

I am glad you said that.

I saw something you did not. That's why I picked um and you didn't. That's what
separates a tier 1 analyst from the boys.

Sakari Lund

Jun 13, 2011, 6:19:19 AM6/13/11
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:07:06 +0800, Superdave
<the.big.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well I believe I still lead in the all-time points, especially since
Hops hasn't participated in his own contest recently. But congrats
again!

Superdave

Jun 13, 2011, 6:42:46 AM6/13/11

Congrats to you too. I expect you will continue to lead as long as I remain
loyal to Roger and that's FOREVER !

Sakari Lund

Jun 13, 2011, 6:52:26 AM6/13/11
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:42:46 +0800, Superdave
<the.big.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you going to pick him even after he has retired?

I lost points years ago too picking Kim all the time. But recently it
has worked well.

Superdave

Jun 13, 2011, 8:32:34 AM6/13/11

if he is not playing there is no point but if he is playing he's my man !

Go Rogi !!!

bob

Jun 13, 2011, 6:09:55 PM6/13/11
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:07:06 +0800, Superdave
<the.big.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

u picked it fair and square, sakari's acting like a jealous little kid
who got his candy stolen. picking kim routinely will do that to ya.

bob

Sakari Lund

Jun 14, 2011, 5:40:01 AM6/14/11

Hey now, I have congratulated Dave twice. I said Li Na - Schiavone was
great work.

>picking kim routinely will do that to ya.

And of course I didn't pick Kim, and said several times before the
tournament it was crazy so many people did.

Whining routinely about my posts without a clue is not a good idea.