Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Cilic stats are better than Querry's

Visto 41 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

PeteWasLucky

no leída,
14 jul 2017, 9:07:4914/7/17
But he lost the most important 1-3 points so far

stephenJ

no leída,
14 jul 2017, 9:13:1914/7/17
On 7/14/2017 8:07 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> But he lost the most important 1-3 points so far

IIRC, Cilic didn't miss a first serve in that tie-breaker, and for
someone with his big first serve, that should have made losing it nearly
impossible. But he lost it anyway.

Still, the match is young.

---

SliceAndDice

no leída,
14 jul 2017, 9:20:1214/7/17
On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 9:07:49 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> But he lost the most important 1-3 points so far

Querrey's forehand is a bit loopy, makes his grass game a little less effective than Cilic's. Also, Cilic is a better returner.

Cilic is getting frustrated now. The number of chances he has missed!

SliceAndDice

no leída,
14 jul 2017, 9:26:5314/7/17
Cilic finally gets the break. Should win the second, has barely been challenged on his serve.

Whisper

no leída,
14 jul 2017, 9:27:3414/7/17
On 14/07/2017 11:13 PM, stephenJ wrote:
> On 7/14/2017 8:07 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> But he lost the most important 1-3 points so far
>>

> IIRC, Cilic didn't miss a first serve in that tie-breaker, and for
> someone with his big first serve, that should have made losing it nearly
> impossible. But he lost it anyway.

Well it's logical when he's playing a carbon copy of himself.

> Still, the match is young.

Indeed. Cilic just broke & leads 4-3 in 2nd.

---
http://www.avg.com

stephenJ

no leída,
14 jul 2017, 9:36:1114/7/17
On 7/14/2017 8:27 AM, Whisper wrote:
> On 14/07/2017 11:13 PM, stephenJ wrote:
>> On 7/14/2017 8:07 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>>> But he lost the most important 1-3 points so far
>>>

>> IIRC, Cilic didn't miss a first serve in that tie-breaker, and for
>> someone with his big first serve, that should have made losing it
>> nearly impossible. But he lost it anyway.
>
> Well it's logical when he's playing a carbon copy of himself.

Querrey isn't a carbon copy, except physically. Gamewise, he's clearly
inferior to Cilic. Cilic has cleaner groundstrokes, particularly on the
backhand side and on return of serve.

Querrey is a #25 player playing over his head this event. Cilic still
has 80% chance to win the match, even down a set.

---

PeteWasLucky

no leída,
14 jul 2017, 9:38:0514/7/17
> Querrey is a #25 player playing over his head this event. Cilic still
has 80% chance to win the match, even down a set.

If Querry can reach tiebreaks anything can happen.

Whisper

no leída,
14 jul 2017, 9:43:0914/7/17
On 14/07/2017 11:36 PM, stephenJ wrote:
> On 7/14/2017 8:27 AM, Whisper wrote:
>>>>

>>> IIRC, Cilic didn't miss a first serve in that tie-breaker, and for
>>> someone with his big first serve, that should have made losing it
>>> nearly impossible. But he lost it anyway.
>>
>> Well it's logical when he's playing a carbon copy of himself.
>
> Querrey isn't a carbon copy, except physically. Gamewise, he's clearly
> inferior to Cilic. Cilic has cleaner groundstrokes, particularly on the
> backhand side and on return of serve.
>
> Querrey is a #25 player playing over his head this event. Cilic still
> has 80% chance to win the match, even down a set.

I agree overall Cilic has more game & can produce stunners Sam can't,
but Querrey is stepping up & looking like he belongs out there. With a
bit of luck going his way he could pull it off. I'd say it's 60-40 for
Cilic, so really can go either way.

---
http://www.avg.com

0 mensajes nuevos