Davy vs Nole, match thread....

felangey

Sep 3, 2011, 9:52:52 PM9/3/11
....shapings of a good one here. Think I noticed the head of the
International Gambling Commission courtside! :)

Scott

Sep 3, 2011, 10:22:06 PM9/3/11
On Sep 3, 9:52 pm, "felangey" <th...@thisplace.invalid> wrote:
> ....shapings of a good one here. Think I noticed the head of the
> International Gambling Commission courtside! :)

i don't think Djoker will have much trouble. my impression is that
Davy is committing tennis suicide by playing so far behind the
baseline.

felangey

Sep 3, 2011, 10:29:02 PM9/3/11
>i don't think Djoker will have much trouble. my impression is that
Davy is committing tennis suicide by playing so far behind the
baseline.

The hitting is off the charts in places here....high high quality stuff.
Djoke is just gonna continue to crank up the heat and wait for errors here.
If Davy can somehow dial them down we could have a match......but
regardless....ffffffun stuff. High voltage. :)

Scott

Sep 3, 2011, 10:39:38 PM9/3/11

Davy's demeanor (at 3-2 in the second set) is so morose, so defeated-
looking he's making Andy Murray look like one of the Von Trapp kids.
(Remember the Sound of Music, anyone?)

felangey

Sep 3, 2011, 10:49:40 PM9/3/11
>Davy's demeanor (at 3-2 in the second set) is so morose

He's Russian! :) Nah, he is an old boy....just been slugging his guts out in
some insane ball machine vs ball machine exchanges....he is fading
physically against whatever metamorphosed creature that came out of that
cocoon eggy type thing! :)

TennisGuy

Sep 3, 2011, 10:54:34 PM9/3/11

Hey Felangey, you most be poppin' some pills or drinking lots of
caffeine at this hour? :)

felangey

Sep 3, 2011, 10:58:28 PM9/3/11
>Hey Felangey, you most be poppin' some pills or drinking lots of
caffeine at this hour? :)

Sleep is for wimps. I just get my wife to hold up a telly to the window on
my Cvac....and we are in business! ;)

TennisGuy

Sep 3, 2011, 10:57:03 PM9/3/11
On Sep 3, 9:52 pm, "felangey" <th...@thisplace.invalid> wrote:
> ....shapings of a good one here. Think I noticed the head of the
> International Gambling Commission courtside! :)

Denko would NOT be a very good poker player! :)

Superdave

Sep 3, 2011, 11:18:27 PM9/3/11

Did you see him do the knife across the throat slit to his box at the changover?

Next changeover he tilted his head and put his tongue out like he was hung too.

Court_1

Sep 3, 2011, 10:57:36 PM9/3/11
This match is still going on? I am surprised. I just got home and I
thought it would be long over by now with Novak trouncing Davydenko.

TennisGuy

Sep 3, 2011, 11:25:49 PM9/3/11
On Sep 3, 10:57 pm, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This match is still going on? I am surprised. I just got home and I
> thought it would be long over by now with Novak trouncing Davydenko.

Well he wasn't trouncing him for the first two sets that's for sure.
A valiant effort by Denko. But in the end just too much firepower from
Djoker.

Superdave

Sep 3, 2011, 11:26:52 PM9/3/11
On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 19:57:36 -0700 (PDT), Court_1 <Olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>This match is still going on? I am surprised. I just got home and I
>thought it would be long over by now with Novak trouncing Davydenko.

well you were right about the trouncing part.

Court_1

Sep 3, 2011, 11:35:54 PM9/3/11
LOL @ Novak dancing to music on the court after his match. Love him or
hate him, the guy has a good personality. :)

Court_1

Sep 3, 2011, 11:27:26 PM9/3/11

Yep, appears so. Who does Djokovic play next? I will have to check the
draw.

jdeluise

Sep 4, 2011, 12:53:40 AM9/4/11
On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 11:18:27 +0800, Superdave
<DaveHa...@remail-it.net> wrote:
> Did you see him do the knife across the throat slit to his box at
the changover?

That was a pathetic gesture. A complete surrender.

Superdave

Sep 4, 2011, 1:18:21 AM9/4/11
On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 20:25:49 -0700 (PDT), TennisGuy <Jeffer...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

You must not have seen the same match I did.

Did it EVER look to you like Denko was winning or going to win?

Was he EVER in the lead?

Did he lose in Straight sets?

I'd say that looks like a trounching no?

bob

Sep 4, 2011, 10:30:14 AM9/4/11

in this one, denko bets against himself.

bob

undecided

Sep 4, 2011, 10:52:41 AM9/4/11
to DaveHa...@remail-it.net
Agreed. Denko is not in the same form of when he was #3 in the world. He is no longer a ball machine.