Stan?

Carey

May 15, 2017, 9:33:11 PM5/15/17
He's done nothing lately, but that doesn't mean he won't show up in blistering form at the French...

I hope so. It'd be great to see him take out Humbalito there, and in top form he could well do that.

Court_1

May 15, 2017, 9:50:35 PM5/15/17
Stan won't beat this Nadal at the FO. Stan has only defeated Nadal once on clay and that was in Rome 2015 when Nadal was in the worst form of his life. Nadal is a bad match-up for Stan unlike the Novak match-up for Stan. My prediction if they meet at the FO: Straight sets for Nadal.

Carey

May 15, 2017, 9:53:52 PM5/15/17
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:50:35 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
> Stan won't beat this Nadal at the FO. Stan has only defeated Nadal once on clay and that was in Rome 2015 when Nadal was in the worst form of his life. Nadal is a bad match-up for Stan unlike the Novak match-up for Stan. My prediction if they meet at the FO: Straight sets for Nadal.

Good points, but had Stan ever beaten Nada before brutally taking him out in the AO final?

Court_1

May 15, 2017, 9:58:57 PM5/15/17
It's different on clay IMO.

Carey

May 15, 2017, 10:07:25 PM5/15/17
That may be. I was thinking of what Stan did to Fed (!) and Djok on the dirt, but they aren't Nadal.
He's the best I've ever seen on red clay. No question.

PeteWasLucky

May 16, 2017, 4:24:42 AM5/16/17
> That may be. I was thinking of what Stan did to Fed (!) and Djok on the dirt, but they aren't Nadal.
He's the best I've ever seen on red clay. No question.

In form Stanimal can take out any one in finals including Nadal. We all know how Stanimal caused Nadal back pain in the slow AO :)

TT

May 16, 2017, 6:20:29 AM5/16/17
16.5.2017, 4:53, Carey kirjoitti:
> On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:50:35 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
>> Stan won't beat this Nadal at the FO. Stan has only defeated Nadal once on clay and that was in Rome 2015 when Nadal was in the worst form of his life. Nadal is a bad match-up for Stan unlike the Novak match-up for Stan. My prediction if they meet at the FO: Straight sets for Nadal.

True that Rafa wasn't Rafa in 2015 clay season. Wawrinka could challenge
him on a red hot day though, probably would still lose.

> Good points, but had Stan ever beaten Nada before brutally taking him out in the AO final?

You guys have tendency to ignore the fact that he got injured, even Stan
had noticed it during warmup and said so afterwards.

I guess admitting Rafa's injuries equals in your mind to admitting how
much better Rafa is than Federer... this sort of career despite getting
injured all the time. Also you know that Fed wouldn't have won as much
with a healthy Rafa.

TT

May 16, 2017, 6:25:04 AM5/16/17
16.5.2017, 13:20, TT kirjoitti:
> True that Rafa wasn't Rafa in 2015 clay season. Wawrinka could challenge
> him on a red hot day though, probably would still lose.

Meant to say that 'red hot wawrinka could challenge him'...

John Liang

May 16, 2017, 6:34:06 AM5/16/17
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 8:20:29 PM UTC+10, TT wrote:
> 16.5.2017, 4:53, Carey kirjoitti:
> > On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:50:35 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
> >> Stan won't beat this Nadal at the FO. Stan has only defeated Nadal once on clay and that was in Rome 2015 when Nadal was in the worst form of his life. Nadal is a bad match-up for Stan unlike the Novak match-up for Stan. My prediction if they meet at the FO: Straight sets for Nadal.
> >

> True that Rafa wasn't Rafa in 2015 clay season. Wawrinka could challenge
> him on a red hot day though, probably would still lose.
>
> > Good points, but had Stan ever beaten Nada before brutally taking him out in the AO final?
> >

> You guys have tendency to ignore the fact that he got injured, even Stan
> had noticed it during warmup and said so afterwards.
>
> I guess admitting Rafa's injuries equals in your mind to admitting how
> much better Rafa is than Federer...

the problem with you is Nadal is not better than Federer except on clay. You can continue to play that injury card as long as you wish. It is what they win at the end of their career that matter. Federer out perform Nadal in 3 out of 4 grand slams, won 6 YEC to 0 and was No.1 for 200+ weeks more than Nadal. Their current record suggest Federer is well in front of Nadal and we can pretty much ignore your nonsense.

Pelle Svanslös

May 16, 2017, 6:34:32 AM5/16/17
He might need a red hot day too ...

It's a ghastly vintage this 2017 clay vintage.

Whisper

May 16, 2017, 8:25:19 AM5/16/17
On 16/05/2017 11:33 AM, Carey wrote:
> He's done nothing lately, but that doesn't mean he won't show up in blistering form at the French...
>
> I hope so. It'd be great to see him take out Humbalito there, and in top form he could well do that.

Can't see Stan hurting Rafa much in this form.

RaspingDrive

May 16, 2017, 9:53:39 AM5/16/17
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 6:20:29 AM UTC-4, TT wrote:
> 16.5.2017, 4:53, Carey kirjoitti:
> > On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:50:35 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
> >> Stan won't beat this Nadal at the FO. Stan has only defeated Nadal once on clay and that was in Rome 2015 when Nadal was in the worst form of his life. Nadal is a bad match-up for Stan unlike the Novak match-up for Stan. My prediction if they meet at the FO: Straight sets for Nadal.
> >

> True that Rafa wasn't Rafa in 2015 clay season. Wawrinka could challenge
> him on a red hot day though, probably would still lose.
>
> > Good points, but had Stan ever beaten Nada before brutally taking him out in the AO final?
> >

> You guys have tendency to ignore the fact that he got injured, even Stan
> had noticed it during warmup and said so afterwards.

The gracious fellow Stan is what did you expect?

> I guess admitting Rafa's injuries equals in your mind to admitting how
> much better Rafa is than Federer... this sort of career despite getting
> injured all the time. Also you know that Fed wouldn't have won as much
> with a healthy Rafa.

Granted Rafa is better than Federer. However, Rafa has to first overcome the Rosols/Fogninis of this world to take Fed out. Injury has nothing to do with that.

Gracchus

May 16, 2017, 11:17:45 AM5/16/17
It must have taken some serious mental contortions to assemble this twisted worldview. Where Rafa is concerned, all rationality goes out the window with you.

Court_1

May 16, 2017, 11:47:45 AM5/16/17
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 10:07:25 PM UTC-4, Carey wrote:

> > > Good points, but had Stan ever beaten Nada before brutally taking him out in the AO final?
> >
> > It's different on clay IMO.
>

> That may be. I was thinking of what Stan did to Fed (!) and Djok on the dirt, but they aren't Nadal.
> He's the best I've ever seen on red clay. No question.

Federer and Djokovic are like amateurs on the dirt compared to Nadal but the main thing is that Nadal is really a terrible match-up for Stan especially on clay. I think Nadal will take Stan apart if they play at the FO. I doubt this post will come back to haunt me. :)

TT

May 16, 2017, 1:18:54 PM5/16/17
If it's so self-evident that Federer is the better player then I wonder
why you guys have to pretend that Nadal's injuries are something else.
It goes to silent-ban territory of madness/self-deception.

John Liang

May 17, 2017, 6:04:54 AM5/17/17
If there is so much evidence to say Nadal was better on all surfaces then why you could not tell us why Federer had 17 hard/grass court grand slam titles to Nadal's 5 .