Nadal-Nalbandian

jdeluise

Sep 4, 2011, 12:50:34 AM9/4/11
I haven't been able to see either yet but I'm looking forward to the
match. Any thoughts on Nalby's chances?

Superdave

Sep 4, 2011, 1:15:10 AM9/4/11
On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 20:50:34 -0800, jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I haven't been able to see either yet but I'm looking forward to the
>match. Any thoughts on Nalby's chances?

I say about 10-1 Nalby wins. Rafa looks old, worn out and discouraged
and every round he gets closer to Djokovic the worse it gets.

MBDunc

Sep 4, 2011, 2:49:00 AM9/4/11
On 4 syys, 07:50, jdeluise <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't been able to see either yet but I'm looking forward to the
> match.  Any thoughts on Nalby's chances?

I can tell you the most probable script of the match:

Nalby wins 1st set with a great showing.
Leads the second with a break but then Nadal improves and fights back
and Nalby start to tire. Nadal wins 7-6 or 7-5
When it gets easier and easier for Nadal.

3-6 7-6 6-4 6-2 for Nadal

.mkko

Court_1

Sep 4, 2011, 7:26:29 AM9/4/11
This is not old Nalbandian we are talking about. I think Nadal will
win this one. If he doesn't I will LOL very loudly! :)

Scott

Sep 4, 2011, 11:36:21 AM9/4/11
On Sep 4, 1:15 am, Superdave <DaveHazelw...@remail-it.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 20:50:34 -0800, jdeluise <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I haven't been able to see either yet but I'm looking forward to the
> >match.  Any thoughts on Nalby's chances?
>
> I say about 10-1 Nalby wins. Rafa looks old, worn out and discouraged
> and every round he gets closer to Djokovic the worse it gets.

Nalbandian isn't in shape. he admitted it with a big smile to Mats
during their interview yesterday.

uly...@mscomm.com

Sep 4, 2011, 11:44:32 AM9/4/11
The American TV feed is showing a shot clock whenever Rafa serves. In
his first three service games he averages 27 seconds before serving
every first serve, eliciting (justified) snide comments from McEnroe.
Then John added, "Roger probably only takes 10 seconds between serves."

bob

Sep 4, 2011, 11:48:19 AM9/4/11
On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 08:44:32 -0700 (PDT), "uly...@msomm.com"
<uly...@mscomm.com> wrote:

>The American TV feed is showing a shot clock whenever Rafa serves. In
>his first three service games he averages 27 seconds before serving
>every first serve, eliciting (justified) snide comments from McEnroe.

you ever heard the term "play to the pace of the server?"

bob

Superdave

Sep 4, 2011, 12:28:35 PM9/4/11

sure but "within" the rules