Nadal to face Ferrer in Barcelona final

1 view

Scott

Apr 23, 2011, 3:43:12 PM4/23/11
http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news;_ylt=ApNUlJjddavy2n2yYI5_.1U4v7YF?slug=ap-barcelona

...Nadal leads their career series 12-4. [Editor's note: Make that
12-5 after tomorrow.]

“I like to look at stats that favor me,” Nadal said. “But every game
is different and David is having a great beginning to the year.”

A Spaniard will feature in the Barcelona final for the 15th straight
year, and win it for an eighth year in a row. Ferrer, Spain’s second
highest-ranked player behind Nadal, hopes to add his name to the honor
roll.

“I am very happy (to be in the finals),” Ferrer said. “Barcelona is
the tournament that most motivates me, it is the tournament I most
want to win.

“I know that it is going to be complicated with Nadal there, but I am
in the final and I want to enjoy it.”

uly...@mscomm.com

Apr 23, 2011, 3:46:42 PM4/23/11
Ferrer needs to read up on the Jimmy Connors playbook and stop
sounding indecisive in interviews. Plays right into Rafa's hands.

Instead of saying "“I am very happy to be in the finals,” he should
say, "I'm happy to be in the finals but that's not good enough for me.
I came here to win and nothing is going to stand in my way. I know I'm
going to be hoisting the trophy tomorrow. You can count on it."

Even if it's wishful thinking or total B.S., he should say it just to
play mind games with Nadal.