Shap in semis

SliceAndDice

Aug 11, 2017, 9:16:15 PM8/11/17
Dream run continues: Youngest guy to make a Masters semifinal. Started horrendously, I suspect that it was a combination of him having a letdown after the Nadal match and having to deal with a completely flat ball from Mannarino as opposed to Nadal's heavy loopers. But showed off some brilliant shotmaking when it mattered. Kid is a bit streaky, but if he maintain focus like he has during the big points like he has all week, I would not be shocked if he reaches the final.

Very good for tennis, if he continues like this. I really like Zverev, but his game is nowhere as exciting as Shap's.

Carey

Aug 11, 2017, 9:19:37 PM8/11/17
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 6:16:15 PM UTC-7, SliceAndDice wrote:
> Dream run continues: Youngest guy to make a Masters semifinal. Started horrendously, I suspect that it was a combination of him having a letdown after the Nadal match and having to deal with a completely flat ball from Mannarino as opposed to Nadal's heavy loopers. But showed off some brilliant shotmaking when it mattered. Kid is a bit streaky, but if he maintain focus like he has during the big points like he has all week, I would not be shocked if he reaches the final.
>

> Very good for tennis, if he continues like this. I really like Zverev, but his game is nowhere as exciting as Shap's.

Thanks for posting this. Vamos Shap! Tennis needs this...

Court_1

Aug 11, 2017, 9:50:09 PM8/11/17
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9:16:15 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:

> Very good for tennis, if he continues like this. I really like Zverev, but his game is nowhere as exciting as Shap's.

I agree. Zverev is a ball-bashing giant. Shap's style is much more pleasing.

SliceAndDice

Aug 11, 2017, 10:06:27 PM8/11/17
Sascha is extremely driven and is very professional in his approach to the game. Gotta respect that. His volleying has already improved by leaps and bounds since he hired Ferrero.

Court_1

Aug 11, 2017, 10:08:55 PM8/11/17
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 10:06:27 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:

> Sascha is extremely driven and is very professional in his approach to the game. Gotta respect that. His volleying has already improved by leaps and bounds since he hired Ferrero.

Oh, he definitely seems driven and I do respect that.

TennisGuy

Aug 11, 2017, 10:09:55 PM8/11/17
Can imagine if Shap makes it to the finals along with Fed
and beats Fed there?

How many players on tour have ever beaten three slam winners in
one tournament, two of which are Fed and Nadal?

SliceAndDice

Aug 11, 2017, 10:11:23 PM8/11/17
Canada would erupt..

Patrick Kehoe

Aug 11, 2017, 11:20:39 PM8/11/17
Canada and certainly the Kehoe ranch already exploded... :)

Manco

Aug 12, 2017, 12:05:27 AM8/12/17
Shap has that 'it' factor, no?

Carey

Aug 12, 2017, 12:44:19 AM8/12/17
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9:05:27 PM UTC-7, Manco wrote:
> Shap has that 'it' factor, no?

...and a one-hander. Different mindset.

Patrick Kehoe

Aug 12, 2017, 12:45:26 AM8/12/17
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9:05:27 PM UTC-7, Manco wrote:
> Shap has that 'it' factor, no?

He's flashy, with big groundies and bounces all over the court, moving extremely well. And he's emotional out there. Not a bad thing.

It will be interesting to see how other crowds take to his high octane, high wire tennis...

Manco

Aug 12, 2017, 12:50:42 AM8/12/17
He def has a Lleyton Hewitt feel with the same color hair and backwards cap.

ed scheuert

Aug 12, 2017, 1:12:14 AM8/12/17
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 11:50:42 PM UTC-5, Manco wrote:
> He def has a Lleyton Hewitt feel with the same color hair and backwards cap.

Except that he actually smacks the ball rather than bunting it back...