How many players ranked #1 with 5+ slams failed to win YEC?

wkhedr

Oct 1, 2010, 1:46:23 PM10/1/10
I'd like to see Nadal putting a perfect end for a fantastic year and
win YEC this year.

Vari L. Cinicke

Oct 1, 2010, 2:23:24 PM10/1/10
On 10/1/2010 1:46 PM, wkhedr wrote:
> I'd like to see Nadal putting a perfect end for a fantastic year and
> win YEC this year.

With slam wins on all 3 surfaces, he is the clear favorite for the title
no matter what surface they use, no?

--
Cheers,

vc

Patrick Kehoe

Oct 1, 2010, 2:31:13 PM10/1/10

Yes, right now, Rafa's the man, the de facto favourite in any
tournament he enters.

Pelle Svanslös

Oct 1, 2010, 4:56:20 PM10/1/10
wkhedr wrote:
> I'd like to see Nadal putting a perfect end for a fantastic year and
> win YEC this year.

I'd like him to screw the YEC, rest instead, and further develop his
game in the direction it has been going, and then go all out for the
NCYGS. That's Tier I stuff.

--
"Another opponent, exhausted and thin!
Is bludgeoned to death by endurance and spin."

ocean

Oct 1, 2010, 6:29:15 PM10/1/10
On 1 oct, 12:46, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I'd like to see Nadal putting a perfect end for a fantastic year and
> win YEC this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nadal doesn't win the YEC. Because of
injury or because either Fed or Murray beat him.

ocean

Oct 1, 2010, 6:30:36 PM10/1/10
On 1 oct, 15:56, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> wrote:
> wkhedr wrote:
> > I'd like to see Nadal putting a perfect end for a fantastic year and
> > win YEC this year.
>
> I'd like him to screw the YEC, rest instead, and further develop his
> game in the direction it has been going, and then go all out for the
> NCYGS. That's Tier I stuff.

I have a funny feeling he won't win the NCYGS. Because he loses to
Murray or to Delpotro at the AO. Or because of injury.

Ali Asoag

Oct 1, 2010, 10:01:57 PM10/1/10

Are you kidding us? Murray is a very good player, Nole is a fantastic
player, Fed is the best of all time, so Nadal cannot be the favorit, no? ;-)

TT

Oct 1, 2010, 11:07:36 PM10/1/10
wkhedr wrote:
> I'd like to see Nadal putting a perfect end for a fantastic year and
> win YEC this year.

Sure you would. Don't worry, the way he's playing atm he probably will.

But to answer your question: 2, Newcombe and Wilander.

--
"I am no more a witch than you are a wizard, and if you take away my
life God will give you blood to drink"

wkhedr

Oct 2, 2010, 7:05:55 AM10/2/10

Was Wilander ranked #1 for one year or more than a year?

TT

Oct 2, 2010, 8:16:45 AM10/2/10

You ask a lot of questions, did they remove google from your machine?

wkhedr

Oct 2, 2010, 8:41:45 AM10/2/10

My kids raised my blood pressure today!

kaennorsing

Oct 2, 2010, 9:03:16 AM10/2/10

Do they prefer Rafa over Fed? :-)

wkhedr

Oct 2, 2010, 1:01:04 PM10/2/10
> Do they prefer Rafa over Fed? :-)- Hide quoted text -

They all love Federer but they become fans of Nadal when they don't
get what they want and specially when it's timed with a Federer
loss :)