Muguruza wants to dance with Federer at the Wimbledon ball.

Court_1

Jul 15, 2017, 9:45:05 PM7/15/17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzegtkWt880 Go to 1:27 to hear that part.

She doesn't want to dance with that awkward clod Cilic(get rid of that unibrow Cilic!) Who could blame her?

Come on Federer, make it happen!

Gracchus

Jul 15, 2017, 9:54:33 PM7/15/17
Who would want to dance with any Croat? Cilic and Whisper all all the evidence we need that they are lowlifes.

I hope Federer is in top form tomorrow and that Cilic isn't on his USO juice. It's out of our hands now. Go, Great Man!

Court_1

Jul 15, 2017, 10:08:35 PM7/15/17
I actually like Cilic and his no-nonsense aggressive tennis. He seems like a nice guy and apparently he's extremely well-liked on tour but I would like the graceful Federer to prevail tomorrow!

SliceAndDice

Jul 15, 2017, 10:25:29 PM7/15/17
Courtie, is that you? :) Someone seems to have hacked into your account.

Court_1

Jul 15, 2017, 10:31:54 PM7/15/17
What do you mean?

SliceAndDice

Jul 15, 2017, 10:41:43 PM7/15/17
Your initial post and the followup were very different. Just kidding.

Court_1

Jul 15, 2017, 10:53:36 PM7/15/17
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 10:41:43 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:

> > > Courtie, is that you? :) Someone seems to have hacked into your account.
> >
> > What do you mean?
>
> Your initial post and the followup were very different. Just kidding.

Huh? I always want Federer to win.

SliceAndDice

Jul 15, 2017, 11:13:32 PM7/15/17
I was referring to the Cilic part.

Court_1

Jul 15, 2017, 11:15:03 PM7/15/17
What about it? Spit out exactly what you are trying to say.

SliceAndDice

Jul 15, 2017, 11:19:15 PM7/15/17
Geez ok. You called him an awkward, unibrowed clod and then said you like him. Geddit? It sounded like it was coming from two different people.

Court_1

Jul 15, 2017, 11:26:41 PM7/15/17
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 11:19:15 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:

> Geez ok. You called him an awkward, unibrowed clod and then said you like him. Geddit? It sounded like it was coming from two different people.

He is an awkward unibrowed clod and I do like him. :)

Gracchus

Jul 16, 2017, 12:24:18 AM7/16/17
You're trying to have the best of both worlds. SliceAndDice is right. Now we know you're secretly rooting for a Croat clod.

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 16, 2017, 12:37:46 AM7/16/17
Next thing is she says that she likes Graf.

Max

Court_1

Jul 16, 2017, 2:35:47 AM7/16/17
Heck no. I hope Federer crushes that Towering Inferno! But if for some reason Cilic zones and is too good on the day, it will be a shame but what can you do? I'm not going to be inconsolable like so many of these lunatic Federer fanatics. Some people live vicariously through Federer and other tennis players watching every point of every match he plays like their lives depended on it. It's ridiculous. It's entertainment.

However, if Fed does win, I'll be rubbing it in the faces of posters like Whisper, Bob, Shakes, StephenJ, etc. :)

Whisper

Jul 16, 2017, 5:25:29 AM7/16/17
Most Croatians are good looking, funloving & have lots of friends. Not
sure what Gracchus' problem is?

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jul 16, 2017, 5:35:06 AM7/16/17
Maybe Court1 prefers real men? Roger is a bit effeminate.

Whisper

Jul 16, 2017, 5:47:00 AM7/16/17
If Federer wins it will probably be his greatest accomplishment in
tennis. To be the stand alone Wimbledon king is huge.

If Cilic can play his best then he has a reasonable chance of spoiling
this for most people - I'd say 1/3. He can tee off on a lot of balls &
if the right ones go in he'll get a break, & then be hard to break
himself. Fed needs to come out with his very best stuff & zone in on
every point like Muguruza did.

SliceAndDice

Jul 16, 2017, 11:12:15 AM7/16/17
Whisper, you jinxed him lol. Cilic found his inner Lisciki today.

Guypers

Jul 16, 2017, 11:17:35 AM7/16/17
Cilic played like shit, what happened?

John Liang

Jul 16, 2017, 11:18:31 AM7/16/17
True, there is nothing to dislike Cilic.

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 6:39:06 AM7/17/17
Cilic had breakpoint to lead 3-1 & then serve for 4-1. A few minutes
later he was down 3-6 0-3 & panicked, realized the match could be over
63 60 60 in 5 minutes. Just overwhelmed that something so precious to
him could be demolished so quickly.

I reckon Conchita Martinez woulda helped him a lot mentally. She did an
amazing job with Muguruza.

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 6:40:26 AM7/17/17
Yes, but there is a lot to be critical about in terms of being a tennis
champion. You don't cry mid match ffs. Never saw Krajicek, Flipper or
Stich behave like this.

Court_1

Jul 17, 2017, 7:45:03 AM7/17/17
Yes, but now we know a little bit more about why he did cry. He had the blister injury before the match and I guess he went out there to try his best but realized his mobility was compromised and thus couldn't give his all. Once he realized it, he became emotional. In his press conference post match he said he had put so much work into this grass season and was playing some of his best tennis so it was some bad luck that the blister became as bad as it did right before the final. He said he began to feel the blister in his match vs Querrey and it worsened.

Shit happens.

Court_1

Jul 17, 2017, 7:49:32 AM7/17/17
I knew there had to be some physical reason that he became so emotional. The guy mowed through players like water at the USO 2014 and has had experience playing the best players in big matches. The guy lost his movement because of the bad blister.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 17, 2017, 8:04:44 AM7/17/17
> Yes, but now we know a little bit more about why he did cry. He had the blister injury before the match and I guess he went out there to try his best but realized his mobility was compromised and thus couldn't give his all. Once he realized it, he became emotional. In his press conference post match he said he had put so much work into this grass season and was playing some of his best tennis so it was some bad luck that the blister became as bad as it did right before the final. He said he began to feel the blister in his match vs Querrey and it worsened.

The blister was no issue until Federer chased that ball and flicked into the court and he was on the ground watching, got broken and got broken again. Federer was returning his serve hard below Cilic feet.

If it was Berdych in the final against Cilic, would Cilic have cried?

stephenJ

Jul 17, 2017, 8:24:06 AM7/17/17
Scenes from the ball. Mugs looking pretty good:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2017/07/16/wimbledon-2017-ball-roger-federer-andgarbine-muguruza-arrive/wimbledon-ball-20178/

---

Court_1

Jul 17, 2017, 8:30:54 AM7/17/17
I don't think Cilic was capable of playing anywhere near his best tennis because of that blister and his hampered movement as a result. It's a lot worse when you have Federer on the other side of the net but even if it were Berdych, I think Cilic was screwed.

That final was a real letdown because Cilic couldn't fight at all and credit to him for sticking it out and not quitting but he basically tanked it after the first set. Come on, have the decency to admit it.

I don't think a 100% Cilic would have defeated Federer in a slam final but for sure Cilic wasn't close to playing the way he could have without any physical problem.

Both the FO and Wimbledon were disappointments. Who wants to see beatdowns in a final?

stephenJ

Jul 17, 2017, 8:41:27 AM7/17/17
On 7/17/2017 7:04 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> Yes, but now we know a little bit more about why he did cry. He had the blister injury before the match and I guess he went out there to try his best but realized his mobility was compromised and thus couldn't give his all. Once he realized it, he became emotional. In his press conference post match he said he had put so much work into this grass season and was playing some of his best tennis so it was some bad luck that the blister became as bad as it did right before the final. He said he began to feel the blister in his match vs Querrey and it worsened.
>

> The blister was no issue until Federer chased that ball and flicked into the court and he was on the ground watching,

Disagree. Cilic was honest - he broke down because he realized the
blister was stopping him from playing his best. It wasn't a choke breakdown.

---

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 9:36:38 AM7/17/17
On 17/07/2017 10:04 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>> Yes, but now we know a little bit more about why he did cry. He had the blister injury before the match and I guess he went out there to try his best but realized his mobility was compromised and thus couldn't give his all. Once he realized it, he became emotional. In his press conference post match he said he had put so much work into this grass season and was playing some of his best tennis so it was some bad luck that the blister became as bad as it did right before the final. He said he began to feel the blister in his match vs Querrey and it worsened.
>

> The blister was no issue until Federer chased that ball and flicked into the court and he was on the ground watching,

That was the point of the match for me. Cilic actually hit a great
shot, but Fed somehow glided over, covered a lot of real estate
effortlessly, & kinda miraculously lasered it onto the line. It's like
the ball had magnets in it & so did the lines.

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 9:49:24 AM7/17/17
On 17/07/2017 10:41 PM, stephenJ wrote:
> On 7/17/2017 7:04 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>>> Yes, but now we know a little bit more about why he did cry. He had
>>> the blister injury before the match and I guess he went out there to
>>> try his best but realized his mobility was compromised and thus
>>> couldn't give his all. Once he realized it, he became emotional. In
>>> his press conference post match he said he had put so much work into
>>> this grass season and was playing some of his best tennis so it was
>>> some bad luck that the blister became as bad as it did right before
>>> the final. He said he began to feel the blister in his match vs
>>> Querrey and it worsened.
>>

>> The blister was no issue until Federer chased that ball and flicked
>> into the court and he was on the ground watching,
>
> Disagree. Cilic was honest - he broke down because he realized the
> blister was stopping him from playing his best. It wasn't a choke
> breakdown.

Federer said it was a mental breakdown & Cilic was a 'hero' for
finishing the match.

---
http://www.avg.com

stephenJ

Jul 17, 2017, 11:47:48 AM7/17/17
Yes, first my jaw dropped at how Cilic was able to hustle up and hit an
amazingly angled shot, then it hit the floor when Fed not only got to it
but then flicked the ball over the post for a winner.

I do think that play exacerbated Cilic's foot blister, basically ended
his chances.

---