Trump to base: "Go cut your losses"

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 2, 2017, 9:19:21 AM8/2/17
He said New Yorkers should just move across the country if they can’t
find work.

“I’m going to start explaining to people when you have an area that just
isn’t working – like upper New York state, where people are getting very
badly hurt – and then you’ll have another area 500 miles away where you
can’t – you can’t get people, I’m going to explain you can leave, it’s
OK, don’t worry about your house,” he said. “You know, a lot of them
don’t leave because of their house. Because they say, gee, my house, I
thought it was worth $70,000 and now it’s worth nothing. It’s OK. Go,
cut your losses, right?”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-wsj-interview_us_59818cc6e4b0353fbb3385a0

Some other nuggets there too. :)

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 2, 2017, 1:44:32 PM8/2/17
And what is wrong with what he said?

Max

heyg...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2017, 2:07:33 PM8/2/17
Your zip code is a better predictor of health than your genetic code, mainly because economic status drives so many life outcomes. People who want a good life really should try to move to certain areas...

The Iceberg

Aug 2, 2017, 2:56:00 PM8/2/17
Pelle won't explain, he never does, cos he can't, all he knows is that he's a massive Hillary fan cos CNN and his fave Colbert told him to be and that tewible Trump gave her a good thrashing in the election.

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 2, 2017, 3:25:24 PM8/2/17
On 02/08/2017 21.55, The Iceberg wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 August 2017 18:44:32 UTC+1, calim...@gmx.de wrote:
>> On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 3:19:21 PM UTC+2, Pelle Svanslös
>> wrote:
>>> He said New Yorkers should just move across the country if they
>>> can’t find work.
>>>
>>> “I’m going to start explaining to people when you have an area
>>> that just isn’t working – like upper New York state, where people
>>> are getting very badly hurt – and then you’ll have another area
>>> 500 miles away where you can’t – you can’t get people, I’m going
>>> to explain you can leave, it’s OK, don’t worry about your house,”
>>> he said. “You know, a lot of them don’t leave because of their
>>> house. Because they say, gee, my house, I thought it was worth
>>> $70,000 and now it’s worth nothing. It’s OK. Go, cut your losses,
>>> right?”
>>>
>>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-wsj-interview_us_59818cc6e4b0353fbb3385a0

Some other nuggets there too. :)

>> And what is wrong with what he said?
>
> Pelle won't explain, he never does,

Lol.

Isn't upstate NY one of the areas hit by death of manufacturing? Wasn't
it a major Trump promise to bring manufacturing jobs back?

Now, he's telling them to suck it up and sod off! "With me around, who
needs enemies?"

TT

Aug 2, 2017, 3:31:45 PM8/2/17
Pelle Svanslös kirjoitti 2.8.2017 klo 22:25:
> Isn't upstate NY one of the areas hit by death of manufacturing? Wasn't
> it a major Trump promise to bring manufacturing jobs back?

Yeah, Trump isn't creating jobs... just telling that sell your house
half the price, move elsewhere for work and after getting laid off you
end up with nothing...

Why would anyone take an advice from someone who thinks health insurance
costs 1 dollar a month.

*skriptis

Aug 2, 2017, 3:33:55 PM8/2/17
heyg...@gmail.com Wrote in message:
> On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 9:19:21 AM UTC-4, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
>> He said New Yorkers should just move across the country if they can?t
>> find work.
>>
>> ?I?m going to start explaining to people when you have an area that just
>> isn?t working ? like upper New York state, where people are getting very
>> badly hurt ? and then you?ll have another area 500 miles away where you
>> can?t ? you can?t get people, I?m going to explain you can leave, it?s
>> OK, don?t worry about your house,? he said. ?You know, a lot of them
>> don?t leave because of their house. Because they say, gee, my house, I
>> thought it was worth $70,000 and now it?s worth nothing. It?s OK. Go,
>> cut your losses, right??
>>
>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-wsj-interview_us_59818cc6e4b0353fbb3385a0
>>
>> Some other nuggets there too. :)
>
> Your zip code is a better predictor of health than your genetic code, mainly because economic status drives so many life outcomes. People who want a good life really should try to move to certain areas...

Well said. Also makes people in those areas aware of the dangers
of many aliens infiltrating.

E.g. what if only 50 thousand stephenj type of Americans moved to
Croatia? We're small country, it would affect us.

They'd bring some capital, some know-how etc. Seems positive?

Bot otoh they could easily influence our election and shift
political discourse and e.g. question universal healthare we
have? Just an example.

There's nothing as destructive to societies as mass migrations.
It's a matter of principle. Overall win-loss is always negative.

With mass migrations you only have bad and worse, depending on
who's the infiltrating and conquering group.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

*skriptis

Aug 2, 2017, 3:37:17 PM8/2/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
Well in case you missed it, it's what EU leaders and home leaders
of southern European countries in crisis are saying to their own
citizens. They don't even bother to change much. Just telling
them you can move elsewhere in EU where there's job.

But from one US state to another is like moving from Glasgow to
London. It's the same country, same language, same mentality,
very similar culture etc.

Compare that to moving from Greece to Hungary or Denmark?

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 2, 2017, 5:03:06 PM8/2/17
Yes, that's why the USA was such a failure story in the 19th and 20th century. All those immigrants simply sank and destroyed her.

While Russia is squeaky-clean Slavic. And see their great contributions to mankind in the last 100 years!

Max

TT

Aug 2, 2017, 5:07:35 PM8/2/17
calim...@gmx.de kirjoitti 3.8.2017 klo 0:03:
> While Russia is squeaky-clean Slavic. And see their great contributions to mankind in the last 100 years!

Whores and vodka.

joh

Aug 2, 2017, 6:13:29 PM8/2/17
Op woensdag 2 augustus 2017 21:33:55 UTC+2 schreef *skriptis:
> heyg...@gmail.com Wrote in message:
> > On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 9:19:21 AM UTC-4, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
> >> He said New Yorkers should just move across the country if they can?t
> >> find work.
> >>
> >> ?I?m going to start explaining to people when you have an area that just
> >> isn?t working ? like upper New York state, where people are getting very
> >> badly hurt ? and then you?ll have another area 500 miles away where you
> >> can?t ? you can?t get people, I?m going to explain you can leave, it?s
> >> OK, don?t worry about your house,? he said. ?You know, a lot of them
> >> don?t leave because of their house. Because they say, gee, my house, I
> >> thought it was worth $70,000 and now it?s worth nothing. It?s OK. Go,
> >> cut your losses, right??
> >>
> >> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-wsj-interview_us_59818cc6e4b0353fbb3385a0
> >>
> >> Some other nuggets there too. :)
> >
> > Your zip code is a better predictor of health than your genetic code, mainly because economic status drives so many life outcomes. People who want a good life really should try to move to certain areas...
> >

> Well said. Also makes people in those areas aware of the dangers
> of many aliens infiltrating.
>
> E.g. what if only 50 thousand stephenj type of Americans moved to
> Croatia? We're small country, it would affect us.
>
> They'd bring some capital, some know-how etc. Seems positive?

At least cinemas will thrive.

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 3, 2017, 2:38:48 AM8/3/17
Tier 1 contributing.

--
“Donald Trump is the weak man’s vision of a strong man.”
-- Charles Cooke

The Iceberg

Aug 3, 2017, 2:41:03 AM8/3/17
oh you are enjoying your 2 million extra people in Germany?

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 3, 2017, 2:30:19 PM8/3/17
Oh, you think the USA are a failure, commie boy?

Max

soccerfan777

Aug 3, 2017, 4:43:15 PM8/3/17
lol. funny. But they did give us some fine Classical composers like Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff

http://www.ranker.com/list/best-russian-composers/ranker-music?var=2&utm_expid=16418821-311.AAszGoDYQ7WZsue0Bhz6ww.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

The top 7 in the last are all time greats

And Balalaika is a cool instrument

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 3, 2017, 6:34:58 PM8/3/17
Tchaikovsky was 19th century. Rachmaninoff emigrated in 1917.

Max

soccerfan777

Aug 3, 2017, 6:40:53 PM8/3/17
Haha so you say Russia was more useful in the 19th century?

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 3, 2017, 6:45:49 PM8/3/17
Sure.
1917 changed it all.

Max

TT

Aug 3, 2017, 8:06:13 PM8/3/17
Unfortunately they gave us Tarkovsky too. But then again that's peanuts
compared to France's crimes against humanity... (Godard)

TT

Aug 3, 2017, 8:07:25 PM8/3/17
They'll be going camping soon.

TT

Aug 3, 2017, 8:26:00 PM8/3/17
That sounds like 20th century.

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 4, 2017, 3:22:39 AM8/4/17
Yes. But only with the whores and vodka.

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 4, 2017, 3:24:22 AM8/4/17
But Brest-Litovsk could of made it all good again. If only ...

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 4, 2017, 3:27:23 AM8/4/17
A post to savour.

*skriptis

Aug 4, 2017, 4:15:03 AM8/4/17
Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los> Wrote in message:
Made it good in what sense?
Enabling drang nach osten?
Nope, nothing good there.

Potsdam conference made it good, though. If only...

Look, everyone was happy before 1914. Russia had natural, organic,
defensible borders, Germans had entire Baltics and colonies. Some
fine balance was there, achieved through decades and centuries of
wars, compromises, etc. A sustainable system was in place that
worked well for all.

Then the stupid Kaiser had to start world war and bring downfall
to most European empires. Nobody hurt Europe more in the history
of the continent than the Kaiser.

And he's even guilty of supporting a colored revolution in 1917
Russia, aiding Lenin and giving us communism later.

The Iceberg

Aug 4, 2017, 12:32:04 PM8/4/17
No, because the USA was a blank canvas, which is totally different, but of course you know that. Like I said though, how is your winning of 2 million extra people? I think it would be far better if Merkel let in 10million extras into Germany, to really prove how good it could be.

The Iceberg

Aug 4, 2017, 12:33:25 PM8/4/17
Yep!

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 4, 2017, 3:35:32 PM8/4/17
It was about the great Russian contributions in the last 100 years, you Swedish dummy ...

Max

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 4, 2017, 3:39:58 PM8/4/17
On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 6:32:04 PM UTC+2, The Iceberg wrote:
> No, because the USA was a blank canvas, which is totally different, but of course you know that. Like I said though, how is your winning of 2 million extra people? I think it would be far better if Merkel let in 10million extras into Germany, to really prove how good it could be.

London bankers are already moving to Germany in droves. Many cheap Syrian cleaning women there.

80 million Germans aren't afraid of 2 million refugees. Germans aren't whiners like the Brits, they have seen worse.

Max

*skriptis

Aug 4, 2017, 4:04:24 PM8/4/17
calim...@gmx.de Wrote in message:
80 millions?

Whatever you say.

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 4, 2017, 4:24:41 PM8/4/17
I haven't counted them myself. But yes, I think there are about 80 million German citizens living in Germany. Quite a lot, but that's the reason why we have so many world class football players.

Max

*skriptis

Aug 4, 2017, 4:34:12 PM8/4/17
Why be satisfied at 80, when you could bring in 120 million
Chinese and make it 200 millions?

You'd be unstoppable.

<https://funnypictures2.fjcdn.com/pictures/Asian_3914bb_6086405.jpg>

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 4, 2017, 4:41:14 PM8/4/17
On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 10:34:12 PM UTC+2, *skriptis wrote:
> calim...@gmx.de Wrote in message:

> >> 80 millions?
> >>
> >> Whatever you say.
> >>

> > I haven't counted them myself. But yes, I think there are about 80 million German citizens living in Germany. Quite a lot, but that's the reason why we have so many world class football players.
>

> Why be satisfied at 80, when you could bring in 120 million
> Chinese and make it 200 millions?

That wouldn't work. But why being so cowardly like those tiny faint-hearted British icebergs and shit ones pants because there is ONE immigrant per every 40 natives?

Max

*skriptis

Aug 4, 2017, 5:07:14 PM8/4/17
They have many aliens, perhaps more than you. And it's yours and
theirs thing to deal with in the coming years.

Nothing to do with brexit which was about EU federalism vs UK
sovereignty.

Any social engineering is damaging. It's marxist at its core.
Filling your country with aliens just to be good "liberals" is
social engineering.

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 4, 2017, 5:28:25 PM8/4/17
Those damn Marxists allowed all those Germans and Irish into the USA starting in the 1840s. And again all those Italians in the late 19th and early 20th century.

Max

The Iceberg

Aug 5, 2017, 9:17:30 AM8/5/17
On Friday, 4 August 2017 20:39:58 UTC+1, calim...@gmx.de wrote:
> On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 6:32:04 PM UTC+2, The Iceberg wrote:
> > No, because the USA was a blank canvas, which is totally different, but of course you know that. Like I said though, how is your winning of 2 million extra people? I think it would be far better if Merkel let in 10million extras into Germany, to really prove how good it could be.
>

> London bankers are already moving to Germany in droves. Many cheap Syrian cleaning women there.

LOL no they're not, some Swiss bank just announced the UK to be its HQ and tons of other banks are staying cos London is vastly superior to anywhere in your backward dump over the sea.

> 80 million Germans aren't afraid of 2 million refugees. Germans aren't whiners like the Brits, they have seen worse.

that's why I'd like for you to welcome at least 10million more in, your comment 'not being afraid' says it all, is hilarious, bye bye German culture.

The Iceberg

Aug 5, 2017, 9:20:19 AM8/5/17
LOL the hilarious thing is you just have ever growing enclaves in Germany cos your people don't mix at all, unlike here, that's why I'd 10million+ extras to be welcomed into Germany to force you to embrace immigration. LOL on the tiny bit, thank goodness we gave you morons a good beating in BOTH world wars.

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 5, 2017, 9:44:54 AM8/5/17
You? The Brits??

Lol, American, French, Russians allowed you to take part.
If you had been on your own the Kaiser and Nazi armed forces would have squashed you (luckily that didn't happen, BTW, since I would be in a lot of trouble - in contrast to you, you might be Bürgermeister in some English hamlet instead of a welfare queen ... )

Max

*skriptis

Aug 5, 2017, 10:29:22 AM8/5/17
Those times in their national psyche are very different from the
idyllic 1950s.

Mass migrations always have huge impact, socially. In your example
you had autocratic Germans causing lots of problems, Italians
giving rise to mafia street gunfights, etc.

So overall, lots of negatives, that's why since the 1920s they
kept it at minimum and sustainable, until 1965 when they let it
loose again.

If you take more than you can chew, you choke.

The Iceberg

Aug 5, 2017, 11:21:47 AM8/5/17
no chance, Churchill WAS the only one that stood up to you nazi morons and likewise we would've smashed the Kaiser to bits too if on our own too, cos you were poor soldiers.

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 5, 2017, 12:12:28 PM8/5/17
The common British soldier was as good as the common German soldier. British officers, though, were far worse. Plus British military doctrine gave division, brigade, battalion and company leaders far less latitude in how to achieve their missions than the German doctrine . What a surprise - the Brits as proponents of blindly following the generals!

Read a little bit about the development of military strategic and tactical doctrines over the last 150 years, little Icey ...

Max

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 2:21:48 PM8/5/17
On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 22:25:20 +0300, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los>
wrote:

>On 02/08/2017 21.55, The Iceberg wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 2 August 2017 18:44:32 UTC+1, calim...@gmx.de wrote:

>Some other nuggets there too. :)
>>>

>>> And what is wrong with what he said?
>>
>> Pelle won't explain, he never does,
>
>Lol.
>
>Isn't upstate NY one of the areas hit by death of manufacturing? Wasn't
>it a major Trump promise to bring manufacturing jobs back?

you're misusing the term "upstate" but northern new york in the
buffalo area particularly was hard hit by mfg losses, as was most of
the midwest. the past 15 yrs has been brutal on the midwestern
economy.

>Now, he's telling them to suck it up and sod off! "With me around, who
>needs enemies?"

bob

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 2:23:13 PM8/5/17
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 00:07:36 +0300, TT <as...@dprk.kp> wrote:

>calim...@gmx.de kirjoitti 3.8.2017 klo 0:03:
>> While Russia is squeaky-clean Slavic. And see their great contributions to mankind in the last 100 years!
>
>Whores and vodka.

pretty whores.

bob

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 2:26:08 PM8/5/17
On Fri, 4 Aug 2017 22:34:11 +0200 (CEST), *skriptis
<skri...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:

>calim...@gmx.de Wrote in message:

>>> 80 millions?
>>>
>>> Whatever you say.
>>>

>> I haven't counted them myself. But yes, I think there are about 80 million German citizens living in Germany. Quite a lot, but that's the reason why we have so many world class football players.
>

>Why be satisfied at 80, when you could bring in 120 million
> Chinese and make it 200 millions?
>
>You'd be unstoppable.
>
><https://funnypictures2.fjcdn.com/pictures/Asian_3914bb_6086405.jpg>

lol

bob

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 2:28:10 PM8/5/17
why let in 2mil from the middle east? why not 10, 20, 30? i'm sure you
could fill germany with middl easterners and N africans wanting to be
there. you could become a minority and get rights max.

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 2:31:37 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 14:21:46 -0400, bob wrote:

> you're misusing the term "upstate"

How was he misusing it?

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 2:46:15 PM8/5/17
he's referring to people in the rust belt far from NYC. a misuse. look
it up if you wish.

bob

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 5, 2017, 2:57:36 PM8/5/17
Why drink 2 liters of beer and not 10, 20, 30, dummy?

Max

The Iceberg

Aug 5, 2017, 2:57:53 PM8/5/17
nah no need, the above's a total myth, your academics can have whatever wrong opinion they like, fact is the Brit soldiers and generals were far better and superior, we WON TWICE, had a huge empire, gave Napolean a good beating too etc. lil Kaiser wanted an empire like ours, tried to play catchup way too late, what an idiot.

The Iceberg

Aug 5, 2017, 3:03:29 PM8/5/17
but don't worry about it, just sit back, turn on the TV and enjoy watching the LONDON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN THE LONDON OLYMPIC STADIUM!!! IN LONDON, ENGLAND, GREAT BRITAIN!!

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 5, 2017, 3:20:16 PM8/5/17
How so?

> but northern new york in the
> buffalo area particularly was hard hit by mfg losses,

AFAIK, Buffalo is in upstate NY.

>> Now, he's telling them to suck it up and sod off! "With me around, who
>> needs enemies?"

No comments on Trump buggering base?

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 3:22:41 PM8/5/17
ahhhh, yes. i knew you'd slip up sooner or later.

gotcha dumbo. thanks for making it crystal clear.

bob

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 3:33:54 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 22:20:14 +0300, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los>
for whatever trump does well or poorly, i'm happy to have a president
who communicates directly (well or poorly) with the american people
and bypass the press.

i'd be happy to have a president straight talk the american people,
even if it's something we don't want to hear.

doesn't mean trump is/will do that, just saying.

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 3:35:47 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 15:33:51 -0400, bob wrote:

> for whatever trump does well or poorly, i'm happy to have a president
> who communicates directly (well or poorly) with the american people and
> bypass the press.

I don't really see the difference, it's all lies regardless.

*skriptis

Aug 5, 2017, 3:36:12 PM8/5/17
But that's exactly how it should be. Army blindly following the
generals, society enjoying democratic discussions.

Not the other way around, "democratic decision-making it the army"
and social tyranny.

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 3:40:10 PM8/5/17
if it's lies, i want to hear HIS lies. not lies somebody told about
him. then i can judge what's a lie.

bob

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 3:40:51 PM8/5/17
what did you think of trump's (well, the military's) transgender ban?

bob

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 5, 2017, 3:42:07 PM8/5/17
I really don't know what you're talking about. Is the upstate issue settled?

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 3:44:04 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 15:40:07 -0400, bob wrote:

> if it's lies, i want to hear HIS lies. not lies somebody told about him.
> then i can judge what's a lie.

One would think you would have already made up your mind by now. Did he
not say he'd never take a vacation or play golf as president? :)

Perhaps you just have poor judgment. Sad!

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 3:46:31 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 19:44:03 GMT, jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 15:40:07 -0400, bob wrote:
>

>> if it's lies, i want to hear HIS lies. not lies somebody told about him.
>> then i can judge what's a lie.
>>

>One would think you would have already made up your mind by now. Did he
>not say he'd never take a vacation or play golf as president? :)

that's not remotely relevant to me.

>Perhaps you just have poor judgment. Sad!

and perhaps not.

bob

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 3:47:25 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 22:42:06 +0300, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los>
i know what upstate refers to, and you misused it in what you were
referring to, but why bother arguing about it?

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 3:50:04 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 15:47:23 -0400, bob wrote:

> i know what upstate refers to

No, you really don't.

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 5, 2017, 3:51:59 PM8/5/17
You should first explain how I misused it.

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 3:53:55 PM8/5/17
actually i do, and you apparently don't. but carry on thinking what
you want.

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 3:59:08 PM8/5/17
I lived in upstate NY for well over a decade (well documented in rst
btw). How about you define it if you know what it is? :)

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 4:02:18 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 22:51:58 +0300, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los>
you are referring to way northern NY, the rust belt of buffalo and
rural farm areas. wheras upstate really means anything a bit out of
NYC, which is not mostlly rural nor a rust belt. but it's not
important and the term is used loosely anyway.

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 4:05:19 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:02:11 -0400, bob wrote:

> you are referring to way northern NY, the rust belt of buffalo and rural
> farm areas.

WTF are you talking about.... Buffalo is "way northern NY"??

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 4:06:19 PM8/5/17
and i recall you saying it many times. and it is a loosely used term
that many NYers define differently, even NY gov't officials, but 1
thing it does not do is exclude many areas quite close to NYC as the
OP intended. he was referring to upstate as the poor factory workers
in buffalo and in fact it encompasses a HUGE area besides that.

in fact, it's a very poorly defined term.

bob

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 5, 2017, 4:09:42 PM8/5/17
I wasn't pinning it in any specific place.

> the rust belt of buffalo and
> rural farm areas.

AFAIK, Buffalo is upstate NY.

> wheras upstate really means anything a bit out of
> NYC,

Don't know about that. It could start anywhere.

> which is not mostlly rural nor a rust belt. but it's not
> important and the term is used loosely anyway.

You're right. It's not important. You thought it important enough to
bring it up though.

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 4:11:39 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 23:09:40 +0300, Pelle Svanslös wrote:

> I wasn't pinning it in any specific place.
>
>> the rust belt of buffalo and rural farm areas.
>
> AFAIK, Buffalo is upstate NY.

It is, and it's also considered western NY, not "way northern NY". bob
doesn't know what he's talking about.

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 4:14:30 PM8/5/17
well buffalo is western NY i'd reckon, and way northern would be near
lake champlain.

pt being 30 miles outside manhattan isn't the same as a farmer in lake
placid or someone in saratoga spgs.

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 4:15:17 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:14:28 -0400, bob wrote:

> well buffalo is western NY i'd reckon, and way northern would be near
> lake champlain.
>
> pt being 30 miles outside manhattan isn't the same as a farmer in lake
> placid or someone in saratoga spgs.

bob, just admit it, you don't know what you're talking about. Sorry.

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 4:19:18 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 23:09:40 +0300, Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.los>
absolutely.

>> wheras upstate really means anything a bit out of
>> NYC,
>
>Don't know about that. It could start anywhere.

exactly.

>> which is not mostlly rural nor a rust belt. but it's not
>> important and the term is used loosely anyway.
>
>You're right. It's not important. You thought it important enough to
>bring it up though.

i think you were using the term to identify an area in which you
really weren't referring to. so i brought it up.

but it certainly isn't worth 20 replies.

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 4:23:16 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:19:15 -0400, bob wrote:

>>AFAIK, Buffalo is upstate NY.
>
> absolutely.

But just a couple posts back you said it wasn't really upstate NY, but
was "way northern NY". You've changed your tune now that you looked at
google maps most likely :)

>>> wheras upstate really means anything a bit out of NYC,
>>
>>Don't know about that. It could start anywhere.
>
> exactly.
>
>>> which is not mostlly rural nor a rust belt. but it's not important and
>>> the term is used loosely anyway.
>>
>>You're right. It's not important. You thought it important enough to
>>bring it up though.
>
> i think you were using the term to identify an area in which you really
> weren't referring to. so i brought it up.

How do you know what he was referring to?

> but it certainly isn't worth 20 replies.

Because you're wrong and know it.

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 4:24:34 PM8/5/17
no need to apologize, the OP was considering upstate NY to include
only the rust belt rural areas. and upstate means far more than that.

are you sure you lived there and aren't lying? you seem uninformed...

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 4:27:45 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:24:32 -0400, bob wrote:

> no need to apologize, the OP was considering upstate NY to include only
> the rust belt rural areas. and upstate means far more than that.

Maybe that was your interpretation of what he said, but it wasn't really
clear what he meant by upstate NY. Then you opened your mouth and
removed all doubt that you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Now
if I want to consult someone about the geography of Florida I'll come to
you, but definitely not NY.

> are you sure you lived there and aren't lying? you seem uninformed...

OK bob, in your world Buffalo is "way northern NY" :)

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 4:29:39 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 20:23:15 GMT, jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:19:15 -0400, bob wrote:
>
>>>AFAIK, Buffalo is upstate NY.
>>
>> absolutely.
>
>But just a couple posts back you said it wasn't really upstate NY, but
>was "way northern NY". You've changed your tune now that you looked at
>google maps most likely :)

no you have it backward.

i said he was referring to an area which IS in upstate NY, but
precluding areas which are ALSO in this loosely held term "upstate
NY."

that was my pt from the beginning. reread my posts.

>> i think you were using the term to identify an area in which you really
>> weren't referring to. so i brought it up.
>
>How do you know what he was referring to?

because i read his mind.

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 4:33:47 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:29:37 -0400, bob wrote:

>>> absolutely.
>>
>>But just a couple posts back you said it wasn't really upstate NY, but
>>was "way northern NY". You've changed your tune now that you looked at
>>google maps most likely :)
>
> no you have it backward.
>
> i said he was referring to an area which IS in upstate NY, but
> precluding areas which are ALSO in this loosely held term "upstate NY."
>
> that was my pt from the beginning. reread my posts.

you're misusing the term "upstate" but northern new york in the
buffalo area particularly was hard hit by mfg losses, as was most of
the midwest

Buffalo is not "northern new york".

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 5, 2017, 4:37:01 PM8/5/17
But isn't bob from Harlan county, southeast Kentucky?

Max

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 5, 2017, 4:43:39 PM8/5/17
On 05/08/2017 23.27, jdeluise wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:24:32 -0400, bob wrote:
>
>> no need to apologize, the OP was considering upstate NY to include only
>> the rust belt rural areas. and upstate means far more than that.

No. I never said upstate NY consists *only* of this or that. I only said
that upstate NY is one of the areas hit by loss of manufacturing jobs.

That does not say
1) what upstate NY consists of, or
2) that upstate NY should now be identified as *the* place in NY where
manufacturing jobs are gone.

> Maybe that was your interpretation of what he said, but it wasn't really
> clear what he meant by upstate NY.

Yep.

Lol.

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 4:45:17 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 20:27:44 GMT, jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:24:32 -0400, bob wrote:
>
>> no need to apologize, the OP was considering upstate NY to include only
>> the rust belt rural areas. and upstate means far more than that.
>
>Maybe that was your interpretation of what he said, but it wasn't really
>clear what he meant by upstate NY. Then you opened your mouth and
>removed all doubt that you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Now
>if I want to consult someone about the geography of Florida I'll come to
>you, but definitely not NY.

if you read his OP, he was making a statement about a general area
that IS upstate NY, but not including other areas that also are. that
was my point that you seemed to take offense to.

>> are you sure you lived there and aren't lying? you seem uninformed...
>
>OK bob, in your world Buffalo is "way northern NY" :)

north and west. opposed to NYC, south and east. but if you think it's
different, consult a map.

bob

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 4:46:52 PM8/5/17
i've never been to easy kentucky, but was in e tennessee rafting once.
beautiful as fussen!

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 4:55:09 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:45:15 -0400, bob wrote:

> if you read his OP, he was making a statement about a general area that
> IS upstate NY, but not including other areas that also are. that was my
> point that you seemed to take offense to.

Not offended, merely pointing out that you didn't know what "upstate NY"
includes, and your follow-up posts backed that up. I'm glad to have been
of some service educating you though. Now you won't make that mistake
again.

>>> are you sure you lived there and aren't lying? you seem uninformed...
>>
>>OK bob, in your world Buffalo is "way northern NY" :)
>
> north and west. opposed to NYC, south and east. but if you think it's
> different, consult a map.

Nobody from Buffalo would consider themselves "Way northern NYers"...
again, sorry bob ...

calim...@gmx.de

Aug 5, 2017, 5:06:46 PM8/5/17
I know what rafting is, but was is "fussen"?

Max

The Iceberg

Aug 5, 2017, 5:35:17 PM8/5/17
is that where my rival Colonel Sanders and his KFC come from??!

The Iceberg

Aug 5, 2017, 5:37:56 PM8/5/17
you clearly didn't know where you lived!

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 7:47:00 PM8/5/17
a town near Schwangau!

bob

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 7:47:00 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 20:55:07 GMT, jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:45:15 -0400, bob wrote:
>
>> if you read his OP, he was making a statement about a general area that
>> IS upstate NY, but not including other areas that also are. that was my
>> point that you seemed to take offense to.
>
>Not offended, merely pointing out that you didn't know what "upstate NY"
>includes, and your follow-up posts backed that up. I'm glad to have been
>of some service educating you though. Now you won't make that mistake
>again.

are you trying to say buffalo is not in upstate NY? sheesh!

bob

Carey

Aug 5, 2017, 8:00:22 PM8/5/17
On Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 4:47:00 PM UTC-7, bob wrote:
My brother did his residency in Rochester. Effin' cold, and butt-ugly women, he said.

Patrick Kehoe

Aug 5, 2017, 8:05:24 PM8/5/17
On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 6:19:21 AM UTC-7, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
> He said New Yorkers should just move across the country if they can’t
> find work.
>
> “I’m going to start explaining to people when you have an area that just
> isn’t working – like upper New York state, where people are getting very
> badly hurt – and then you’ll have another area 500 miles away where you
> can’t – you can’t get people, I’m going to explain you can leave, it’s
> OK, don’t worry about your house,” he said. “You know, a lot of them
> don’t leave because of their house. Because they say, gee, my house, I
> thought it was worth $70,000 and now it’s worth nothing. It’s OK. Go,
> cut your losses, right?”
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-wsj-interview_us_59818cc6e4b0353fbb3385a0
>
> Some other nuggets there too. :)

Only a person who has been fortunate enough to just 'write off (massive) debts' over his lifetime would ever makes such a statement; though, most who have done so would be mindful to never be so rhetorically cavalier/insensitive.

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 8:08:42 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 19:46:15 -0400, bob wrote:

> are you trying to say buffalo is not in upstate NY? sheesh!

More proof you know nothing about it.

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 8:08:50 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 17:00:21 -0700 (PDT), Carey <carey...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
well certainly not the same weather as san louis obispo. i've only
been to northern NY once, went around lake champlain and then Vermont.
couldn't take more than week, jdeluise is a brave man.

bob

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 8:14:25 PM8/5/17
i've never been to buffalo, thankfully. but buffalo's in the loosely
bounded region known as "upstate NY" sorry to tell u.

bob

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 8:15:19 PM8/5/17
city of detroit a few yrs ago declared bankrupcy, the largest gov't
bankrupcy ever i believe. they told people to leave, to go find jobs
in texas and elsewhere. and they did. 2mil population lost 2/3 of it.
and they're better for it now, as are those who left.

bob

TT

Aug 5, 2017, 8:29:03 PM8/5/17
Good point. And not only did Trump write off his debts and made others
to take the losses - he also got a billion dollar tax break for that...

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 8:29:13 PM8/5/17
You were the one who brought up Buffalo in the first place, said it was
"way northern NY" (lol) and that Pelle had erroneously referred to it as
upstate new york (he said nothing about Buffalo)... These are all your
claims, nobody else said Buffalo wasn't in upstate NY.

I think you're in need of a checkup bob, watching someone go through the
onset of senility is not fun for anyone :(

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 8:39:25 PM8/5/17
On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 00:29:11 GMT, jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 20:13:53 -0400, bob wrote:

>>>More proof you know nothing about it.
>>
>> i've never been to buffalo, thankfully. but buffalo's in the loosely
>> bounded region known as "upstate NY" sorry to tell u.
>
>You were the one who brought up Buffalo in the first place, said it was
>"way northern NY" (lol) and that Pelle had erroneously referred to it as
>upstate new york (he said nothing about Buffalo)... These are all your
>claims, nobody else said Buffalo wasn't in upstate NY.

NY is pretty much metro NYC and "upstate" NY that includes everything
else. buffalo is far north of NYC, and i consider anything N of albany
as "northern NY." but choose any def'n you like jed!

>I think you're in need of a checkup bob, watching someone go through the
>onset of senility is not fun for anyone :(

lol. i think you need a day off, you're struggling today. seem upset
over something, probably not RST related so i feel bad egging you on.

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 8:50:52 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 20:39:23 -0400, bob wrote:

> NY is pretty much metro NYC and "upstate" NY that includes everything
> else. buffalo is far north of NYC, and i consider anything N of albany
> as "northern NY." but choose any def'n you like jed!

bob, your memory is failing you again. *You* claimed that Buffalo was
not upstate new york. I'm glad you've educated yourself now but in the
future do so before opening your mouth and "correcting" others.

bob

Aug 5, 2017, 8:56:45 PM8/5/17
On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 00:50:51 GMT, jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 20:39:23 -0400, bob wrote:
>
>> NY is pretty much metro NYC and "upstate" NY that includes everything
>> else. buffalo is far north of NYC, and i consider anything N of albany
>> as "northern NY." but choose any def'n you like jed!
>
>bob, your memory is failing you again. *You* claimed that Buffalo was
>not upstate new york.

that's an incredible lie. i claimed tha
t it was in northern NY, i said nothing about "upstate" NY and buffalo
as a term. everybody knows that somewhere shortly out of NYC, you are
"in" upstate NY.

that was the mistake of the OP, at least how i interpreted what was
written, and so corrected it . a thank you woulda been good enough.

> I'm glad you've educated yourself now but in the
>future do so before opening your mouth and "correcting" others.

get a rest my friend.

bob

jdeluise

Aug 5, 2017, 9:15:55 PM8/5/17
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 20:56:43 -0400, bob wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 00:50:51 GMT, jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 20:39:23 -0400, bob wrote:
>>
>>> NY is pretty much metro NYC and "upstate" NY that includes everything
>>> else. buffalo is far north of NYC, and i consider anything N of albany
>>> as "northern NY." but choose any def'n you like jed!
>>
>>bob, your memory is failing you again. *You* claimed that Buffalo was
>>not upstate new york.
>
> that's an incredible lie. i claimed tha t it was in northern NY, i said
> nothing about "upstate" NY and buffalo as a term. everybody knows that
> somewhere shortly out of NYC, you are "in" upstate NY.

Not according to you, see below:

On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 18:31:35 GMT, jdeluise <jdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 14:21:46 -0400, bob wrote:
>
>> you're misusing the term "upstate"
>
>How was he misusing it?

he's referring to people in the rust belt far from NYC. a misuse. look
it up if you wish.
It is loading more messages.