Will Halep ever recover?

StephenJ

Jun 10, 2017, 2:18:27 PM6/10/17
I doubt it.

bob

Jun 10, 2017, 2:30:18 PM6/10/17
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 14:18:28 -0400, StephenJ <step...@flex.com>
wrote:

>I doubt it.

i doubt it also, but then i think it's not like she was a young
budding future superstar or a multiple slam winner who is now going to
lose for psychological reasons. she's been losing slams all her
career.

bob

Fota

Jun 10, 2017, 2:31:27 PM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 1:18:27 PM UTC-5, StephenJ wrote:
> I doubt it.

She seemed OK at the trophy ceremony, but she'll need luck to ever win a slam. This was probably the best shot she'll ever have.

SliceAndDice

Jun 10, 2017, 4:00:47 PM6/10/17
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 2:18:27 PM UTC-4, StephenJ wrote:
> I doubt it.

She will go back to the mothership to regroup. Gracchus' calling her an alien is hilariously apt, both in the way she looks and speaks. Maybe a Martian since she likes the red dirt?

soccerfan777

Jun 10, 2017, 7:38:03 PM6/10/17
Who gives a shit. She is a poor version of Sanchez Vicario just like how Radwanksa is a poor version of Hingis and Wozniacki is a poor version of Sabatini

calim...@gmx.de

Jun 10, 2017, 7:42:32 PM6/10/17
On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 1:38:03 AM UTC+2, soccerfan777 wrote:
> Who gives a shit. She is a poor version of Sanchez Vicario just like how Radwanksa is a poor version of Hingis and Wozniacki is a poor version of Sabatini

and Serena is a rich version of Mariaan de Swardt.

Max

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 9:13:27 PM6/10/17
On 11/06/2017 4:18 AM, StephenJ wrote:
> I doubt it.

Me too. I think she's pretty satisfied with her life overall, making
millions etc. Doesn't make for a great tennis champion though.

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jun 10, 2017, 9:16:36 PM6/10/17
On 11/06/2017 4:31 AM, Fota wrote:
> On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 1:18:27 PM UTC-5, StephenJ wrote:
>> I doubt it.
>
> She seemed OK at the trophy ceremony,

....& that's the problem. She should have been inconsolable - led 64 30
against a newbie ffs.

bob

Jun 11, 2017, 7:57:59 AM6/11/17
On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 11:16:30 +1000, Whisper <beav...@ozemail.com>
wrote:

>On 11/06/2017 4:31 AM, Fota wrote:
>> On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 1:18:27 PM UTC-5, StephenJ wrote:
>>> I doubt it.
>>
>> She seemed OK at the trophy ceremony,
>

>....& that's the problem. She should have been inconsolable - led 64 30
>against a newbie ffs.

maybe been halep's problem all along. she's just not that tough a
competitor.

bob

Whisper

Jun 11, 2017, 8:47:15 AM6/11/17
Or coming from an impoverished background she's very happy earning
millions. Her driving force is most likely money & not glory.

Patrick Kehoe

Jun 11, 2017, 11:59:20 AM6/11/17
The word on Halep has been she's a self-destructive perfectionist, who can even negatively disect a tournament winning run. She's said to be never satisfied, which through her developmental years was an over all plus. But as she began to win title after title she just got worse and more emotionally invested as well. Part of what Darren Cahill was trying to do was get her to 'just compete' and then 'live with the results', i.e. get a grip on that internal critic and ENJOY the fact she wins a LOT of tennis tournaments, so that she could more freely build up to her best tennis at the pressure filled majors. In a way, getting back to a final was a big step forward. The fact she lost to - as W rightly states - "a newbie", man, that's got to sting. How will she process that. Like being on court with a person who LITERALLY steps past you at/near the top of the line. All the work you did, the price you paid to gain excellence and performance proficiencies and WOOSH-BOOM (Batman theme of the week here on RST Adam West), a just turned 20 year old busts past you. OUCH!

Whisper

Jun 11, 2017, 12:07:32 PM6/11/17
I watched the 1st episode of '66 Batman today in homage to Adam - holds
up well.