Steroid abuser Serena Williams has a serious health condition.

Al Sharpton

Mar 12, 2011, 8:01:42 PM3/12/11
http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2011-03-02/serena-williams-has-a-
serious-health-condition

The good news is that they found it, they discovered it.

Serena Williams had a blood clot in her lung, and had a procedure done
for it last week. And then on Monday, according to her spokesperson, she
had to go back to the hospital for an emergency procedure to remove a
hematoma.

“Tough day,’’ Williams wrote on her Twitter account about midnight
Pacific on Tuesday.

This is a big deal. Williams had a major medical issue. But she also
avoids what could have been a disaster: If she had taken the court for,
say Wimbledon, with an undetected blood clot in her lungs, it is
possible she could have just dropped right there.

It is manageable from here, and presumably she’s now on blood thinners,
and will be for six months or so. But that presents its own problems, as
far as her tennis career.

While on blood thinners, in theory, if she cuts herself diving for a
ball or something, she will bleed and bleed, with her body unable to
stop it without immediate medical help.

If her health is stabilized, and the immediate danger avoided, you still
wonder how much more we will see of her on the tennis court the way we
know her.

She is 29 now, the start of old age in tennis. To be honest, she has
rarely kept herself in the best of shape. And now this. She is being
monitored.

People Magazine reported that Williams was seen several times in recent
days at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. The funny thing, and
so typical of Williams, is that she also was seen at red carpet Academy
Award parties, apparently looking fabulous.

She hasn’t played on tour since July, when she won Wimbledon. After
that, she suffered a mysterious foot injury. She has given conflicting
explanations for what happened, and even whether her foot surgery was
absolutely necessary.

But last summer, she told USA Today that she had stepped on broken glass
at a restaurant in Germany, cutting tendons in her foot. In that story,
she said the surgery wasn’t mandatory, but only to avoid having a
“drooping toe.’’

Now she has been out for eight months.

Throughout her career, Williams, and to a lesser extent her sister,
Venus, has been the face of American tennis, and also of women’s sports.

She has been her sport’s most polarizing figure, with an incredible mix
of highs and lows.

She has been a role model to young girls, maybe the best example in the
history of sport of a strong woman. I once suggested that she would be
the perfect new model for Miss America, strong, smart, athletic,
beautiful and not the size 0 dangerously promoted as the ideal to girls
in magazines, movies and TV. She has been an amazing story of a black
girl who grew up in the tough town of Compton, Calif., and dominated a
sport historically made up of wealthy white people.

At the same time, she has clearly thrown matches in less important
tournaments, made promises to play and then not kept them. And she also
made worldwide news at the U.S. Open in 2009 when she foot-faulted then
went into an f-bomb-laced tirade of threats against the line judge who
called it.

Who would have thought her career would end so strangely, if that’s
what’s happening here?

I called my own doctor, James Cunnar M.D. in Naperville, Ill., to get a
grasp of how serious this is, and what might have happened.

He said -- without having seen Williams -- that it all adds up. The
pulmonary embolism, the clot, likely was the result of her foot surgery.
The surgery could have left “a clump of pooled blood.”

“It sits there, and coagulates, or clots. She probably has not been
extending the foot, so the calf muscles are not moving the blood out of
the leg.

“The clot formed, and it travels up … and gets stuck at the end, which
is your lungs. It just lodges.’’

He said she likely felt chest pains and was tired, short of breath and
possibly dizzy.

“This is serious,’’ he said. “She’s not coming back in two weeks.’’

Is it life-threatening?

“Oh yeah,’’ he said. “It can be life-threatening.’’

It can work like a clogged pipe. And then, as more things keep getting
pushed into the pipe, the clog grows. Eventually, in a body with a clot,
it is hard to get the blood through.

Trying to piece together a timeline, it seems that Williams went to see
her foot doctor in New York last week.

“Yes,’’ she wrote on Twitter on Thursday. “NO BOOT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!’’

With her boot removed, she flew back to L.A., where the clot was
discovered. She had a procedure done, which likely included an IV for
anti-clot medicine. Doctors don’t usually remove the clot, but stabilize
it and help the body to fight it.

On Sunday, she was at Elton John’s AIDS Foundation Academy Awards
Viewing Party. And then on Monday, back to the hospital for the
hematoma, which is a pooling of blood under the skin.

She was expected to play at a Nike exhibition this month in Oregon, the
start of her return, but pulled out last week, saying her foot wasn’t
healed enough yet. Next up, is the U.S. Fed Cup team in April, and that
would seem unlikely now. If she doesn’t play, and the team ends its
season with a loss, then Williams will not be eligible to compete in the
2012 Olympics.

Forget about that now. Forget about any of the polarizing things.

This is real. This is serious.

Raja, The Great

Mar 12, 2011, 8:08:43 PM3/12/11
One potential cause of this health issue that you won’t hear about
from Selena’s rep is anabolic steroid use. Many professional
athletes, including female tennis pros, use anabolic steroids to
enhance their performance – but these drugs also often lead to
polycythemia, a condition in which there are too many red blood
cells. This steroid induced, polycythemic condition is one of the
common causes of the development of a pulmonary embolism. When a
young and amazingly fit athlete winds up in emergency treatment for a
blood clot it is likely that the cause was not ‘natural.’

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2011/03/02/serena-williams-pulmonary-embolism-is-she-on-steroids/

Superdave

Mar 12, 2011, 8:26:57 PM3/12/11

Let's all hope and pray that it is also FATAL !

Salad

Mar 13, 2011, 1:04:24 AM3/13/11
Al Sharpton wrote:

> http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2011-03-02/serena-williams-has-a-
> serious-health-condition

Where's the notation on steroids in the article, Racist?

dixon

Mar 13, 2011, 3:57:52 AM3/13/11
On Mar 13, 6:04 am, Salad <sa...@oilandvinegar.com> wrote:
> Al Sharpton wrote:
> >http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2011-03-02/serena-williams-ha...

> > serious-health-condition
>
> Where's the notation on steroids in the article, Racist?

Superdave I'm with you on this one. She is always going on about how
Justine "Cheated???" her when she has been cheating every other player
for years. In fact, you could see with a glass marble in you arse that
she is full of steroids and fuck knows what other shite. Fuckin
druggie cunt. The sooner she turns up her toes the better Dirty,Filthy
bastard.

Superdave

Mar 13, 2011, 4:09:57 AM3/13/11

amen bro

bob

Mar 13, 2011, 9:07:47 AM3/13/11
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:08:43 -0800 (PST), "Raja, The Great"
<zepf...@gmail.com> wrote:

>One potential cause of this health issue that you won’t hear about
>from Selena’s rep is anabolic steroid use. Many professional
>athletes, including female tennis pros, use anabolic steroids to
>enhance their performance – but these drugs also often lead to
>polycythemia, a condition in which there are too many red blood
>cells. This steroid induced, polycythemic condition is one of the
>common causes of the development of a pulmonary embolism. When a
>young and amazingly fit athlete winds up in emergency treatment for a
>blood clot it is likely that the cause was not ‘natural.’

if it is steroid induced (i'm slightly skeptical), shame shame.
if it was surgery induced (IMO a bit more likely), bad luck.

either way, she may have lung damage from this and would be career
ending of course.

bob

Gary Sokolisch

Mar 13, 2011, 9:47:07 AM3/13/11

You ever take a look at her shoulders, arms, and power-packed ass?

That Tune

Mar 13, 2011, 10:33:17 AM3/13/11
"Gary Sokolisch" <Sokolis...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Envy, jealousy and rank stupidity can be powerful
obstacles for brain dead, inbred racists to overcome.

Salad

Mar 13, 2011, 11:26:37 AM3/13/11
Gary Sokolisch wrote:

And?

Gary Sokolisch

Mar 13, 2011, 11:38:09 AM3/13/11

Chock full of protein, vitamins, minerals and, especially, good ol,
reliable Deca-Durabolin.

only human

Mar 13, 2011, 12:11:35 PM3/13/11

Well she sure got lucky. how many times will we now hear the word blood
clot as
a new excuse when she loses any future matches? the pundits sure will
bring it up. to this day Serena has never given full credit to any
opponent after a defeat other then to her sister with no post match
excuses. funny how that works

ocean

Mar 13, 2011, 12:39:33 PM3/13/11
Could she be done winning majors?

Salad

Mar 13, 2011, 12:50:47 PM3/13/11

I suppose a person like you that can't get into a pair of pants because
you are so out of shape would be envious of a superior athlete.

Gary Sokolisch

Mar 13, 2011, 1:36:41 PM3/13/11

Actually, despite my advanced age, I'm extremely fit, especially from a
cardiovascular standpoint. Waist is 29 and BodyFat in lower single digits.
My only gripe is loss of power despite a 41-year weight-training hobby.
Probably be a lot weaker though if I didn't force myself into the weight
room 2-3X a week.

AT any rate, not at all jealous of her; just saying that she's juiced. I
doubt if Venus is though. Serena is the better tennis player but
ironically Venus is said to be the all around better athlete.

Percy P. Limbaugh

Mar 13, 2011, 1:52:45 PM3/13/11
Who feels sorry for this self-centered slob gorilla ?

And when was the last time someone else you know about cut her foot
on a bottle laying on a night club floor?

She and her equally obnoxious sister have never released the results
of their blood tests that were supposed to reveal whether they are
male or female.

http://www.biology-blog.com/images/blogs/4-2007/gorilla-21000.jpg

B...@yahoo.com

Mar 13, 2011, 3:41:33 PM3/13/11
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 01:01:42 +0000 (UTC), Al Sharpton
<send...@Use-Author-Supplied-Address.invalid> wrote:
>Serena Williams had a blood clot in her lung, and had a procedure done
>for it last week.
And on a similar note Sarah Palin had to be
hosptitalized to have her head
surgically removed from her *ss.

Mar 13, 2011, 8:55:24 PM3/13/11
Nothing additional to add. Just wanted to keep all of my admirers in
the alt-social-security-disability cesspool current regarding my
UseNet spamming activities.
Your Beloved Jack
aka jack-off jack
aka Windswept@Home.
aka Gary Sokolisch
aka THE REAL GARY
aka ObamaNation-Abomination
aka Way Back Jack
aka waybackjack
aka Mother Roselles
aka JackFrom Faaaaar Faaaaar Back
aka Jack from Waaayyy Back
aka Bro Jack
aka Bro-Jack
aka Let It Rock
aka new day...same shit
aka Evil Eric Holder,Black Racist

And, that's just the short, short, short list of the nyms that I've used
recently and in the past to spew my spam onto the UseNet.

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 00:04:24 -0600, Salad wrote:
>
>> Al Sharpton wrote:
>>
>>> http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2011-03-02/serena-williams-ha

>>> s-a- serious-health-condition

Mar 13, 2011, 8:56:44 PM3/13/11

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:26:37 -0500, Salad wrote:

Mar 13, 2011, 8:57:51 PM3/13/11

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:50:47 -0500, Salad wrote:
>
>> Gary Sokolisch wrote:

williams

Mar 13, 2011, 8:59:15 PM3/13/11
Nothing additional to add. Just wanted to keep all of my admirers in
the alt-social-security-disability cesspool current regarding my
UseNet spamming activities.
Your Beloved Jack
aka jack-off jack
aka Windswept@Home.
aka Gary Sokolisch
aka THE REAL GARY
aka ObamaNation-Abomination
aka Way Back Jack
aka waybackjack
aka Mother Roselles
aka JackFrom Faaaaar Faaaaar Back
aka Jack from Waaayyy Back
aka Bro Jack
aka Bro-Jack
aka Let It Rock
aka new day...same shit
aka Evil Eric Holder,Black Racist

And, that's just the short, short, short list of the nyms that I've used
recently and in the past to spew my spam onto the UseNet.

Gary Sokolisch <Sokolis...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 00:04:24 -0600, Salad wrote:
>
>> Al Sharpton wrote:
>>
>>> http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2011-03-02/serena-williams-ha

>>> s-a- serious-health-condition

George

Mar 14, 2011, 11:03:55 AM3/14/11
Taking steroids is now racist? Yeeeeshhhh. Maye she's a tranny.

George

Mar 14, 2011, 11:05:29 AM3/14/11

Come on, she looks like a male Ubangi in prison.

Twibil

Mar 14, 2011, 3:50:18 PM3/14/11
On Mar 14, 8:05 am, George <moham...@Use-Author-Supplied-

Address.invalid> wrote:

> Come on, she looks like a male Ubangi in prison.

And you've spent a lot of time in the close company of male Ubangi
prisoners, so you'd be an expert?

Figures.