Toni Nadal is watching Federer

PeteWasLucky

May 31, 2019, 9:51:53 AM5/31/19
Is he worried?

The Iceberg

May 31, 2019, 10:34:16 AM5/31/19
On Friday, 31 May 2019 14:51:53 UTC+1, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> Is he worried?

he will be!!

PeteWasLucky

May 31, 2019, 10:42:01 AM5/31/19
PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> Is he worried?

This link explains

-- https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1134444/Rafael-Nadal-Cas
per-Ruud-French-Open-Roger-Federer-Carlos-Moya/amp#referrer=https%
3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

*skriptis

May 31, 2019, 10:52:06 AM5/31/19
PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>> Is he worried?
>
> This link explains
>

> -- https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1134444/Rafael-Nadal-Cas
> per-Ruud-French-Open-Roger-Federer-Carlos-Moya/amp#referrer=https%
> 3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Indeed.

Manco

May 31, 2019, 4:10:39 PM5/31/19
Casper Ruud trains at Rafael Nadal Academy, that's why. Uncle Toni scouting report on Federer to Rafa - hit big spin to his backhand, repeat 1000x. Same as the previous 30 scouting reports.

PeteWasLucky

May 31, 2019, 4:15:16 PM5/31/19
> hit big spin to his backhand, repeat 1000x. Same as the previous 30 scouting reports.

It didn't work in the last 4-5 times they played. Federer is hitting more topspin on his backhand than he did with smaller racquet.
I think Federer may surprise Nadal with the power on both wings. Still early, but we will see.

kaennorsing

Jun 1, 2019, 1:10:42 PM6/1/19
Op vrijdag 31 mei 2019 22:15:16 UTC+2 schreef PeteWasLucky:
> > hit big spin to his backhand, repeat 1000x. Same as the previous 30 scouting reports.
>
> It didn't work in the last 4-5 times they played. Federer is hitting more topspin on his backhand than he did with smaller racquet.
> I think Federer may surprise Nadal with the power on both wings. Still early, but we will see.

Indeed, more consistent power on the bh nowadays. But... that probably won't be enough to change the dynamic they've had on clay, given that he looked to be tiring in the 3rd against Ruud yesterday - after 2 straightforward sets.

Which is not good news when going up against the bull. But of course one can hope Rafa himself will be tiring as well -though he usually gets fired up vs Fed.

Anyway, let's see if they meet first. :-)

PeteWasLucky

Jun 1, 2019, 1:19:27 PM6/1/19
> tiring in the 3rd against Ruud yesterday - after 2 straightforward sets.

He didn't get tired. Did Nadal get tired when he dropped a set? :)

I believe his stamina is really good

Federer played two matches in one day, five sets of tennis to beat young Coric in three sets and was ready to play next day but didn't take the chances to ruin his FO chances to play.

kaennorsing

Jun 1, 2019, 5:32:15 PM6/1/19
Op zaterdag 1 juni 2019 19:19:27 UTC+2 schreef PeteWasLucky:
I hope you're right. If he didn't tire he certainly got tight then and dropped his level, intensity and almost that set. Extended matches vs these feisty young guys are going to drain the old body on the slow clay.

Hopefully just a normal 'bad' patch there as Ruud played pretty well in the third (though squandered some opportunities, thankfully). Fed'll be happy to have come through that set and prevent some exhausting tennis. We need him fully charged for the upset over Rafa.