Don't you think playing Berdych is a good prep for Fed against Cilic?

PeteWasLucky

Jul 14, 2017, 2:03:42 PM7/14/17
A bigger big hitter to come.

Carey

Jul 14, 2017, 2:11:10 PM7/14/17
On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 11:03:42 AM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> A bigger big hitter to come.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Very good play from Berdych today.
Sunday should be quite the battle.

Go Old Feller!

SliceAndDice

Jul 14, 2017, 2:13:39 PM7/14/17
On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 2:03:42 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> A bigger big hitter to come.

Raonic, then Berdych.

Hope Fed will come with no nerves for the final. His level was not the best today, but he was incredibly clutch (the biggest difference between 2010-2015 Federer and 2017 Federer imo). Berdych fought hard and played very well and went out without a set. Gotta feel for him.

kaennorsing

Jul 14, 2017, 2:24:08 PM7/14/17
Op vrijdag 14 juli 2017 20:03:42 UTC+2 schreef PeteWasLucky:
> A bigger big hitter to come.

If Fed keeps up his level he should win in 3 or 4. He needs to avoid too many dips in form and especially be clutch like today.

PeteWasLucky

Jul 14, 2017, 2:28:12 PM7/14/17
> Hope Fed will come with no nerves for the final. His level was not the best today, but he was incredibly clutch (the biggest difference between 2010-2015 Federer and 2017 Federer imo). Berdych fought hard and played very well and went out without a set. Gotta feel for him.

Berdych played great match serving bullets on break points, this put pressure on Federer and he seemed to have realized he is in a real battle, so he pushed his gears higher causing him to miss some of his tactics in the match but probably gave him the two TB. In the third he lowered his gears again and played tactical set.

Darkfalz

Jul 15, 2017, 5:19:31 PM7/15/17
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 4:03:42 AM UTC+10, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> A bigger big hitter to come.

Nope but Rabotonic was.

John Liang

Jul 16, 2017, 12:33:34 PM7/16/17
On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 4:03:42 AM UTC+10, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> A bigger big hitter to come.

Berdych ended up the toughest opponent for Federer in this Wimbledon.

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 16, 2017, 5:15:00 PM7/16/17
I remember that Miami match they had a long time ago (and the Wimbledon match from 2010? I think it was) and Berdych looked so strong on his groundies. Just gave Federer fits.