Google Grup tidak lagi mendukung postingan atau langganan Usenet baru. Konten lama masih dapat dilihat.

The best dropshot in tennis?

121 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

ahonkan

belum dibaca,
7 Jul 2017, 13.22.0807/07/17
kepada
I think Rafa has the best dropshot in tennis. It doesn't bounce too high
and I have never seen it land in the net or on his side. Fed has probably
the second best. I have seen it fail a few times.
Andy has probably the worst dropshot among the big four. I have mostly
seen it fail badly. Plus, he generally tends to use it at a wrong time.

TT

belum dibaca,
7 Jul 2017, 14.05.0907/07/17
kepada
Rafa certainly hit at least a couple extremely good dropshots today on
big points... first at set point against him in third set, then in the
following TB.

calim...@gmx.de

belum dibaca,
7 Jul 2017, 18.40.0107/07/17
kepada
Federer and Graf. Nadal almost as good.

Max

fymido...@yahoo.com

belum dibaca,
7 Jul 2017, 20.27.0507/07/17
kepada
Have to disagree about Federer. He has a decent drop shot, but Nadal has the best drop shot by far. Federer sometimes hits sublime drops, but not as consistently high quality as Nadal.

PeteWasLucky

belum dibaca,
7 Jul 2017, 20.47.2607/07/17
kepada
> Have to disagree about Federer. He has a decent drop shot, but Nadal has the best drop shot by far. Federer sometimes hits sublime drops, but not as consistently high quality as Nadal.

Nadal doesn't dropshop rallying from the baseline.

Patrick Kehoe

belum dibaca,
7 Jul 2017, 20.54.2507/07/17
kepada
And Rafa knows WHEN to hit the dropper, doesn't he. Absolutely brilliant his selections with respect to the subtleties and wrinkles in his game. Love that about his tennis.

And this fortnight, his aggression and getting up into court paying dividends early and OFTEN! Rafa looking very GOOD, so far.

ahonkan

belum dibaca,
8 Jul 2017, 00.32.3208/07/17
kepada
On Saturday, 8 July 2017 05:57:05 UTC+5:30, fymido...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Have to disagree about Federer. He has a decent drop shot, but Nadal has the best drop shot by far. Federer sometimes hits sublime drops, but not as consistently high quality as Nadal.

Precisely. The best drops by Fed rank right up there with Rafa's best
& he also chooses the time to drop almost as well as Rafa. But Rafa is
almost flawless while Fed misfires a few times.

kaennorsing

belum dibaca,
8 Jul 2017, 06.44.3108/07/17
kepada
Op zaterdag 8 juli 2017 06:32:32 UTC+2 schreef ahonkan:
Federer takes much more risks with the dropper (as well as with anything else) then Rafa. He may hit dropshots from well behind the baseline, moving backwards and on service returns. Never seen Nadal hit any of those. Not sure if that qualifies as better or worse, but Rafa definitely has better percentages. He is the ultimate percentage player. Fed is quite the opposite; much more creative and versatile with more winners as well as errors.

Whisper

belum dibaca,
8 Jul 2017, 09.16.1808/07/17
kepada
Rafa does seem to have softer hands at the net, & more importantly he
does it easier under intense pressure. Federer looks good when he's
playing an outclassed opponent. When it's another great on the other
side Fed often looks tight, robotic. That's a manifestation of his
brittle mentality when up against stiff opposition. Fed is at his most
fluid v the lesser players, knowing end of the day he has too many guns
& can win in many different ways from all sorts of positions. Against
Rafa/Djoker/Murray he knows a lapse could be fatal, so tightens up
dramatically.

---
http://www.avg.com

PeteWasLucky

belum dibaca,
8 Jul 2017, 09.20.5708/07/17
kepada
> more importantly he
does it easier under intense pressure

Hahahaha top tier tennis expert.

Yes, nadal does it in slams while Federer does it in qualifiers, lol :)

Gracchus

belum dibaca,
8 Jul 2017, 11.47.0008/07/17
kepada
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 6:20:57 AM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > more importantly he
> does it easier under intense pressure
>
> Hahahaha top tier tennis expert.

The baby needs attention again....*yawn*

kaennorsing

belum dibaca,
8 Jul 2017, 14.46.0508/07/17
kepada
Op zaterdag 8 juli 2017 15:16:18 UTC+2 schreef Whisper:

> Rafa does seem to have softer hands at the net, & more importantly he
> does it easier under intense pressure. Federer looks good when he's
> playing an outclassed opponent. When it's another great on the other
> side Fed often looks tight, robotic. That's a manifestation of his
> brittle mentality when up against stiff opposition.

Rrright... So if he didn't get so tight with his brittle mentality he would have what? 35 slams by now?

RaspingDrive

belum dibaca,
8 Jul 2017, 15.35.2808/07/17
kepada
He only comes in to the net when he is sure he has a good chance.

RaspingDrive

belum dibaca,
8 Jul 2017, 15.37.5108/07/17
kepada
On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 8:47:26 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> > Have to disagree about Federer. He has a decent drop shot, but Nadal has the best drop shot by far. Federer sometimes hits sublime drops, but not as consistently high quality as Nadal.
>

> Nadal doesn't dropshop rallying from the baseline.

Correct.

RaspingDrive

belum dibaca,
8 Jul 2017, 15.39.3008/07/17
kepada
Federer was fluid (read: dynamite) against Nadal for 20 minutes in the fifth set at AO 2017?

ahonkan

belum dibaca,
10 Jul 2017, 05.06.5610/07/17
kepada
On Saturday, 8 July 2017 18:46:18 UTC+5:30, Whisper wrote:

> Rafa does seem to have softer hands at the net, & more importantly he
> does it easier under intense pressure. Federer looks good when he's
> playing an outclassed opponent. When it's another great on the other
> side Fed often looks tight, robotic. That's a manifestation of his
> brittle mentality when up against stiff opposition. Fed is at his most
> fluid v the lesser players, knowing end of the day he has too many guns
> & can win in many different ways from all sorts of positions. Against
> Rafa/Djoker/Murray he knows a lapse could be fatal, so tightens up
> dramatically.

You have only regurgitated your age-old biased views.
You clearly don't remember Murray outclassing Murray twice in 2 games
with perhaps the best drop volleys *ever* in the 2nd set of the 2012
Wimbledon final after being down a set? If he missed, he could have
gone down 2 sets to love but he went ahead and hit those outrageous
shots against a Murray playing his best tennis.

Whisper

belum dibaca,
10 Jul 2017, 05.57.2910/07/17
kepada
Of course Fed has produced great dropshots. What I'm saying is Rafa is
cooler under pressure, more sure of himself. You can see Fed rushing
things, panicking a little when the score isn't going his way v a tough
opponent. He's more elegant/fluid v outclassed opponents, probably
because there is little chance of him losing the match & he can relax &
let it flow.

The only time I can ever recall him being relatively cool in a crisis is
the last AO final. That surprised me. It's one of the most memorable
matches in the last 15 yrs.
0 pesan baru