Pat Cash after W '08: "There will be no more multi-slam years..."

Carey

Jul 16, 2017, 1:38:20 PM7/16/17
...so the next year Fed has, um, a multi-slam year; then EIGHT YEARS LATER,
has yet another one...

Another dumb-ass Aussie.

heh

soccerfan777

Jul 16, 2017, 1:39:09 PM7/16/17
Pat Cash has a very puncheable face

Carey

Jul 16, 2017, 1:42:47 PM7/16/17
Correction: *NINE* YEARS LATER

And yeah, Cash looks like a guy who it'd be fun to punch in the face.

rec.sport.tennis

Jul 16, 2017, 1:48:20 PM7/16/17
cash has always hated federer

Carey

Jul 16, 2017, 1:56:20 PM7/16/17
Yes. Cash's last criticism of Fed: he keeps his head down too long after
striking the ball.

heh

Gracchus

Jul 16, 2017, 1:59:14 PM7/16/17
If only Federer had only had Cash coaching him, he could have been a one-slam wonder too.

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 16, 2017, 4:55:11 PM7/16/17
:)))))))))))

Cash never fails to sound 'odd' to me, when ever he's asked big picture questions or is asked to make comparative judgements on the greats of tennis. Nine times out of 10, he just sort of goes out of whack.

soccerfan777

Jul 16, 2017, 7:35:11 PM7/16/17
Lendl missed a perfect chance to beat the shit out of Cash in the locker room after Cash falsely accused him of destroying his shoes and then cried like a bitch.

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 8:05:48 AM7/17/17
Cash's claim to fame is winning Wimbledon - a big deal when guys like
Lendl/Wilander couldn't do it, & he beat them both at Wimbledon. He
dines on that for yrs. Along comes Fed & essentially says 'no big deal
I can do it in my sleep'. Diminishes Cash's relevance.

---
http://www.avg.com

Carey

Jul 17, 2017, 10:00:02 AM7/17/17
Cash is an effin' jerk, but to give credit where due, he did play some clinical
tennis to win his Wimbledon, especially in that Final v Lendl. Good stuff.