Djokovic goes nuts

*skriptis

May 5, 2017, 7:30:02 AM5/5/17
Fires his entire camp, Vajda, fitness coaches, everyone.

Says he still enjoys tennis and is eternally grateful to these men
for their dedication and success they've helped him to hsve, but
wants "new challenges".

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Whisper

May 5, 2017, 10:25:48 AM5/5/17
On 5/05/2017 9:22 PM, *skriptis wrote:
> Fires his entire camp, Vajda, fitness coaches, everyone.
>
> Says he still enjoys tennis and is eternally grateful to these men
> for their dedication and success they've helped him to hsve, but
> wants "new challenges".

Must be the Trump effect. Clearing the swamp?

stephenJ

May 5, 2017, 11:35:13 AM5/5/17
On 5/5/2017 6:22 AM, *skriptis wrote:
> Fires his entire camp, Vajda, fitness coaches, everyone.
>
> Says he still enjoys tennis and is eternally grateful to these men
> for their dedication and success they've helped him to hsve, but
> wants "new challenges".

Joker is having a mini-crisis of motivation and confidence. It will pass
very soon, probably by Wimbledon.

---

*skriptis

May 5, 2017, 12:30:03 PM5/5/17
stephenJ <sja...@cox.net> Wrote in message:
> On 5/5/2017 6:22 AM, *skriptis wrote:
>> Fires his entire camp, Vajda, fitness coaches, everyone.
>>
>> Says he still enjoys tennis and is eternally grateful to these men
>> for their dedication and success they've helped him to hsve, but
>> wants "new challenges".
>>

> Joker is having a mini-crisis of motivation and confidence. It will pass
> very soon, probably by Wimbledon.

Yes, but he nevertheless has waisted 12 months of his career. It's
even more regrettable because he suffered no physical decline, it
was mostly mental. Even if body and mind might need a long break,
I don't think mind needs 12 months.

So this could actually be a good move. New challenge for him.

But the right moment for a clean cut and fresh start like this,
was already after 6 months of decline and losing number 1, after
that YEC final.

So, even though you can't control whether motivation crisis will
occur, and we can't say he's waisted any time, because no one can
be peak all the time, especially after his immense run, maybe
he's indeed made a mistake of not doing this when Becker left, 6
months ago, start everything from the fresh.

Patrick Kehoe

May 5, 2017, 12:30:36 PM5/5/17
On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 8:35:13 AM UTC-7, StephenJ wrote:
> On 5/5/2017 6:22 AM, *skriptis wrote:
> > Fires his entire camp, Vajda, fitness coaches, everyone.
> >
> > Says he still enjoys tennis and is eternally grateful to these men
> > for their dedication and success they've helped him to hsve, but
> > wants "new challenges".
> >

> Joker is having a mini-crisis of motivation and confidence. It will pass
> very soon, probably by Wimbledon.

That's the hope... but, the firing of Vajda one might identify as "concerning"... cleaning house just to clean house has an air of desperation about it... when Nole 'partnered' with his 'life coach' and personal guru, the signal was sent far and wide... he was changing, with a family and other obligations outside of a playing career, he's had to make adjustments to his entire lifestyle/way of being... that and just maturing and becoming more interested in life beyond just tennis results/championships... so the tectonic ripples are still radiating outward from these developments... that certainly put strain on his marriage, as has been alluded to over the past 5+ months... At least there hasn't been (as far as I am aware) any talk of another woman in his life or matters of that kind... in fact he and his wife are expecting their second child... how tennis fits EXACTLY into his life/goals now will be fascinating to see...

MAKE NO MISTAKE... these are at once critical and massive changes to his tennis career... how will he respond/adapt? The entire Nole situation has been keenly interested... such a great champion, at 29, how will he move forward? Can he reassemble a winning formula? What a gamble...

Patrick Kehoe

May 5, 2017, 12:36:12 PM5/5/17
[From The Guardian - excerpt]

Last November, Djokovic enlisted the help of the former Spanish player Pepe Imaz, who preaches a philosophy of amor y paz (love and peace) as central to his coaching. In his statement, the world No2 added that he believes this “shock therapy” will help him achieve better results, although he intends to take his time in selecting a new coach.

“I want to continue raising the level of my game and stamina and this is a continuous process,” said Djokovic. “I enjoy this journey, it feels like I am starting something new again and I love this challenge. I am a hunter and my biggest goal is to find the winning spark on the court again.

“I have so much faith in this process and that’s why I will take time to find the right person who I can connect with professionally. I have been on the tour long enough to know how to manage daily routines and I don’t want to rush my decision. I will be on the tour alone for a while with support of my family and management. I will inform the public when I find the right person, but for now I thank you for your support and understanding.”

grif

May 5, 2017, 1:37:53 PM5/5/17
Just get rid of that fucking guru, Pepe Imaz.

*skriptis

May 5, 2017, 2:01:03 PM5/5/17
grif <griff...@hotmail.com> Wrote in message:
> On 05/05/2017 17:36, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
>> [From The Guardian - excerpt]
>>
>> Last November, Djokovic enlisted the help of the former Spanish player Pepe Imaz, who preaches a philosophy of amor y paz (love and peace) as central to his coaching. In his statement, the world No2 added that he believes this ?shock therapy? will help him achieve better results, although he intends to take his time in selecting a new coach.
>>
>> ?I want to continue raising the level of my game and stamina and this is a continuous process,? said Djokovic. ?I enjoy this journey, it feels like I am starting something new again and I love this challenge. I am a hunter and my biggest goal is to find the winning spark on the court again.
>>
>> ?I have so much faith in this process and that?s why I will take time to find the right person who I can connect with professionally. I have been on the tour long enough to know how to manage daily routines and I don?t want to rush my decision. I will be on the tour alone for a while with support of my family and management. I will inform the public when I find the right person, but for now I thank you for your support and understanding.?
>>

> Just get rid of that fucking guru, Pepe Imaz.

That whole thing which is truly absurd could be a Spanish secret
service ploy to bring him down.

heyg...@gmail.com

May 5, 2017, 2:40:41 PM5/5/17
Maybe he should try out Serena's coach. I think he's trained at that academy before.

TennisGuy

May 5, 2017, 2:42:02 PM5/5/17
On 5/5/2017 7:22 AM, *skriptis wrote:
> Fires his entire camp, Vajda, fitness coaches, everyone.
>
> Says he still enjoys tennis and is eternally grateful to these men
> for their dedication and success they've helped him to hsve, but
> wants "new challenges".

Given the longevity of players' careers these days could this
simply be tennis mid-life crisis?

Federer Fanatic

May 5, 2017, 3:07:06 PM5/5/17
Draining the swamp...

FF

*skriptis

May 5, 2017, 3:30:03 PM5/5/17
Federer Fanatic <TheRelen...@nospam.invalid> Wrote in message:
Maybe they say that way in Australia?

We say drying out the swamp. It makes most sense imo. Swamp is not
a pool that there is drain somewhere bellow. Drying out is what
happens physically, no?

Federer Fanatic

May 5, 2017, 4:15:49 PM5/5/17
Yup. Drain then dry ;-)

FF

Court_1

May 5, 2017, 5:52:32 PM5/5/17
On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 12:30:36 PM UTC-4, Patrick Kehoe wrote:

> > Joker is having a mini-crisis of motivation and confidence. It will pass
> > very soon, probably by Wimbledon.
>
> That's the hope... but, the firing of Vajda one might identify as "concerning"... cleaning house just to clean house has an air of desperation about it... when Nole 'partnered' with his 'life coach' and personal guru, the signal was sent far and wide... he was changing, with a family and other obligations outside of a playing career, he's had to make adjustments to his entire lifestyle/way of being... that and just maturing and becoming more interested in life beyond just tennis results/championships... so the tectonic ripples are still radiating outward from these developments... that certainly put strain on his marriage, as has been alluded to over the past 5+ months... At least there hasn't been (as far as I am aware) any talk of another woman in his life or matters of that kind... in fact he and his wife are expecting their second child... how tennis fits EXACTLY into his life/goals now will be fascinating to see...
>
> MAKE NO MISTAKE... these are at once critical and massive changes to his tennis career... how will he respond/adapt? The entire Nole situation has been keenly interested... such a great champion, at 29, how will he move forward? Can he reassemble a winning formula? What a gamble...

Don't be so melodramatic! *rolls eyes*

There's nothing desperate or concerning about cleaning house for a professional tennis player and ATG who has a short shelf life and who has been losing to scrubs for a year. He should have done it a while ago. Players do this all the time. If he has the motivation to keep playing and winning titles, it's a positive change. He's the CEO of his tennis career and life.

I'm not a Djokovic fan but there's nothing wrong with him cleaning house at this point in his career IMO.

Whisper

May 6, 2017, 6:08:17 AM5/6/17
Correct. His team may have become lazy/complacent & Djoker can see they
are not offering any solutions, rather the same old.

Well, there comes a time when the same old no longer works like it used
to because conditions have changed. If his team can't keep adapting to
changing conditions & no longer inspire him, then it's time to say
thanks for your help but I need to take a different approach.

Court_1

May 6, 2017, 6:32:47 AM5/6/17
Even if his team members haven't become lazy and complacent, for whatever reasons Djokovic feels that it's time to pull the plug as he isn't achieving the results he wants. Yes, it seems that they no longer inspire him. But according to PWL, Djokovic(a tennis player who has a very short shelf life to make a difference) has to be beholden to these individuals for life! *rolls eyes* The dumb things you read on this ng!

I'm surprised that Djokovic took so long to unload this team given that he hasn't won a big title in almost a year.

stephenJ

May 6, 2017, 8:53:14 AM5/6/17
On 5/5/2017 11:27 AM, *skriptis wrote:
> stephenJ <sja...@cox.net> Wrote in message:
>> On 5/5/2017 6:22 AM, *skriptis wrote:
>>> Fires his entire camp, Vajda, fitness coaches, everyone.
>>>
>>> Says he still enjoys tennis and is eternally grateful to these men
>>> for their dedication and success they've helped him to hsve, but
>>> wants "new challenges".
>>>

>> Joker is having a mini-crisis of motivation and confidence. It will pass
>> very soon, probably by Wimbledon.
>

> Yes, but he nevertheless has waisted 12 months of his career. It's
> even more regrettable because he suffered no physical decline, it
> was mostly mental. Even if body and mind might need a long break,
> I don't think mind needs 12 months.

I see why a fan might look at it this way, and I can relate, as I was
frustrated when Serena ran out of gas just short of winning the CYGS in
2015. But these players are human, they can only push for so hard for so
long. Joker had an amazing run where he accomplished what nobody has
accomplished since Laver, holding all 4 slam titles at the same time. It
was understandable that after that prodigious achievement, there would
be a letdown, a relaxation of mind and body, and tennis is so
competitive that if even a top champ lets down his guard a smidge,
others will rush past.

Joker just needs to realize that this "lost year" has not derailed him
in any permanent way. He still has career-time to regroup and accomplish
all his goals, the main one being to eventually surpass Fed's 18 slams.

He should emulate Serena. After her CYGS failure, she had a letdown, and
lost the AO and FO finals. But then she regrouped, refocused and what
happened? She won last year's W and this year's AO to surpass Graf and
become the Open Era GOAT anyway. She didn't let a letdown stop her, and
neither should Joker.

John Liang

May 6, 2017, 12:06:36 PM5/6/17
Serena had little to no competition with WTA tour, I just don't think Djoker has the same buffer with his competition, the chance he has to win 17 already left him after last year's FO, at his best in 2015-2016 he held 4 slam titles at the same and those time will unlike to repeated in future years as he will be 30 pretty soon.

bob

May 6, 2017, 8:22:54 PM5/6/17
On Fri, 5 May 2017 21:23:14 +0200 (CEST), *skriptis
<skri...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:

well i have a "drain the swamp" T shirt. :-)

but i agree it must be cleaned and dried after drained. :-)) hahaha

bob

bob

May 6, 2017, 8:25:23 PM5/6/17
i think djok was just burning too hot to keep it up that long. for a
few yrs, he was an animal.

bob

TT

May 7, 2017, 7:10:46 AM5/7/17
Trump of course meant 'draining the swamp' literally.
Working with EPA on that.

stephenJ

May 7, 2017, 7:24:31 AM5/7/17
I agree. But he can be one again.

The Iceberg

May 7, 2017, 1:12:29 PM5/7/17
yeah agreed too.

The Iceberg

May 7, 2017, 1:14:31 PM5/7/17
this could be a very good point. It not like in the old days where everyone retired at 30, with the young guns being at such a lower level and partying and having no interest in winning much, the top 5 guys could go on for many more years. Could easily be a case that when Djoker is 35 we'll be saying oh do you remember back after that FO he took that time off before winning 7 more slams.

bob

May 7, 2017, 8:08:00 PM5/7/17
in bursts, i agree. like 1 yr bursts with breaks in between.

bob

Manuel aka Xax

May 8, 2017, 3:03:47 PM5/8/17
Not everyone, that jerk Pepe Imaz is staying, from what I've read...
Really weird move.

*skriptis

May 8, 2017, 4:01:02 PM5/8/17
Manuel aka Xax <xam...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Really? So after Becker, ditching Vajda for Pepe Imaz?

Fucktard.

Patrick Kehoe

May 8, 2017, 6:34:21 PM5/8/17
On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 12:03:47 PM UTC-7, Manuel aka Xax wrote:
> Le vendredi 5 mai 2017 13:30:02 UTC+2, *skriptis a écrit :
> > Fires his entire camp, Vajda, fitness coaches, everyone.
> >
> > Says he still enjoys tennis and is eternally grateful to these men
> > for their dedication and success they've helped him to hsve, but
> > wants "new challenges".

> Not everyone, that jerk Pepe Imaz is staying, from what I've read...
> Really weird move.

When you fired your coach of LONG standing, your fitness trainer AND the 3rd member of your inner circle, after having fired your majors prep coach (Becker) it's a BIG DEAL... all the layers of security have been stripped off... that's not reorientation that's dynamiting a winning circle upon which your entire career as a legend was founded... And you keep your GURU... Imaz now becomes confidant/protector and 'life guide', a mentoring 'voice' without any other competing 'voices' around his charge/Nole... That could be a good thing OR it could be a major red flag... time will tell...

Nearing 30, YES, time to shake things up... but this isn't a shake up... He's nuked his professional structure which garnered him 12 majors and (what?) 29 masters titles... That's a lofty standard for anyone to walk in and attempt to replicated, even moderately so... Like I said: very brave of him... and quite the gamble... This isn't some top player making a change, an adjustment to kick-start his career for a late reaffirming back to elite tennis (and more championships/titles)... This is his idea of going back to a virtual beginning, starting from scratch and attempting to reanimate from a kind of ground zero of selective renewal/rebirth... If ever we doubted Nole's flair for the dramatic, we shouldn't have!