Rafa snubs Kyrgios ...

ahonkan

Aug 28, 2015, 1:43:43 PM8/28/15
http://nypost.com/2015/08/27/big-name-star-refuses-to-play-with-tennis-bad-boy-nick-kyrgios/

Way to go, Rafa!
Not surprisingly, fellow bad-boy Mac teamed up with Kyrgios after
he was snubbed by Rafa.
After such strong rebukes by Fed & Rafa, the two most-loved & respected
tennis players, I hope the message has reached the target.

Gracchus

Aug 28, 2015, 2:06:39 PM8/28/15
Nadal playing Gallant to Kyrgios' Goofus like "Gentleman" Tim Mayotte used to do with McEnroe. So it's ok for Rafa to slam a shoulder into a player he's losing to or complain to the ref when he gets warned for breaking the rules, but he's too good to pair up with Kygios for doubles. Ingratiating hypocrite.

soccerfan777

Aug 28, 2015, 2:34:10 PM8/28/15
Tim Mayotte seemed to be like a nice guy. Did he do anything wrong? I don't know much about Mayotte-McEnroe history.

Gracchus

Aug 28, 2015, 2:38:49 PM8/28/15
As I recall (it's been quite a few years), during the height of Mac's difficulties at Wimbledon, Mayotte presented himself as a counterpoint to McEnroe--the "good" American. I think he publicly criticized Mac and the British press ate it up, dubbing him "Gentleman Tim."

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 28, 2015, 3:17:09 PM8/28/15
Yes. Vamos, Rafa.

--
“Hiss first. Listen later."

soccerfan777

Aug 28, 2015, 5:06:24 PM8/28/15
Or may be was the good American? What wrong with being good?

McEnroe was/is an asshole. Any one is good compared to him. Tim Mayotte for sure!

Gracchus

Aug 28, 2015, 6:01:58 PM8/28/15
You just said you didn't know anything about Mayotte. Maybe when he's not playing tennis he kicks his dogs or feeds them rat poison. :)

Nothing is wrong with being "good" at all, but what Mayotte was doing--and Rafa in this case--was more "goody-goody" than good. That is, making a point of ingratiating himself to the grownups by showing that UNlike that "bad" kid, he folds his hands like a good boy at his desk, brings the teacher an apple, and always listens to the little angel on his shoulder. Now I wouldn't want all players to be like McEnroe or Kyrgios, and don't think they should be able to run roughshod with impunity. But having a sport full of hall monitors isn't any better. Watching these phonies now taking it upon themselves to police their sport is sickening.

Whisper

Aug 29, 2015, 5:07:13 AM8/29/15
On 29/08/2015 5:17 AM, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
> On 28.8.2015 20:43, ahonkan wrote:
>> http://nypost.com/2015/08/27/big-name-star-refuses-to-play-with-tennis-bad-boy-nick-kyrgios/
>>

>> Way to go, Rafa!
>
> Yes. Vamos, Rafa.

Rafa probably dislikes Kyrgios for the way he bundled him out of
Wimbledon, going for high risk, cocky shots & pulling them off.

Pelle Svanslös

Aug 29, 2015, 7:07:17 AM8/29/15
I considered that for 1/10th of a sec when replying. Decided it doesn't
matter one bit.

Why? The issue here is whether you want to see extreme assholism on
court or not, not what the supposed excuse fabric is that motivates
Rafa's or anybody elses action.

The ripping of the more or less imagined excuses is really a commentary
on the "criticiser" rather than anything else.

Vamos, Rafa!

ahonkan

Aug 29, 2015, 7:38:44 AM8/29/15
On Saturday, 29 August 2015 16:37:17 UTC+5:30, Pelle Svanslös wrote:

> The ripping of the more or less imagined excuses is really a commentary
> on the "criticiser" rather than anything else.
>
> Vamos, Rafa!

My thoughts too. One of the rare times we agree :-}

Whisper

Aug 29, 2015, 10:33:58 AM8/29/15
Nobody is supporting Kyrgios on this issue if you haven't noticed. It
reflects more on him than Vekic.

heyg...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2015, 12:42:47 PM8/29/15
Maybe Nadal was afraid Kyrgios would say something about his love life on the court? ;-)

jdeluise

Aug 30, 2015, 10:18:53 AM8/30/15
Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.com> writes:

> On 28.8.2015 20:43, ahonkan wrote:
>> http://nypost.com/2015/08/27/big-name-star-refuses-to-play-with-tennis-bad-boy-nick-kyrgios/
>>
>> Way to go, Rafa!
>
> Yes. Vamos, Rafa.

Supposedly Nadal has recanted... claims he didn't know

LOL

http://nypost.com/2015/08/30/rafael-nadal-i-didnt-refuse-to-play-with-nick-kyrgios/

Giovanna

Aug 30, 2015, 9:08:31 PM8/30/15
Rafa being an arrogant piece of $h*t as usual~~