Fed haters ... time to just Bow Down

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 11:47:09 AM7/16/17
Let's face it: With 19 GS titles, including two won this year at 35, and
now a record-smashing 8th Wimbledon title, criticisms of Federer are
just plain silly and make the one issuing them look ridiculous.

It's time to Bow to Reality, in the form of Federer. So please, no more
... BOAT stuff, Head to Head stuff, "peak" stuff, etc.

As of now, until Nadal or someone else wins 19 slams, Federer is the
undisputed Open Era Greatest, Bestest, Peakest, Longevitiest, and every
other superlative that a player can have.

That's just the way it is, as of right now, July 2017.

---

jdeluise

Jul 16, 2017, 11:49:35 AM7/16/17
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 10:47:06 -0500, stephenJ wrote:

> Let's face it: With 19 GS titles, including two won this year at 35, and
> now a record-smashing 8th Wimbledon title, criticisms of Federer are
> just plain silly and make the one issuing them look ridiculous.

He's lucky to win one slam per Whisper.

John Liang

Jul 16, 2017, 11:57:20 AM7/16/17
Where is lttle bob ?

soccerfan777

Jul 16, 2017, 12:06:44 PM7/16/17
A good post by Roast finally after all these years.

Carey

Jul 16, 2017, 12:17:50 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:57:20 AM UTC-7, John Liang wrote:

> Where is lttle bob ?

I think bnb said he was going to Germany, where there are apparently no internets. /s

Jason White

Jul 16, 2017, 12:26:59 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:47:09 AM UTC-7, StephenJ wrote:
> Let's face it: With 19 GS titles, including two won this year at 35, and
> now a record-smashing 8th Wimbledon title, criticisms of Federer are
> just plain silly and make the one issuing them look ridiculous.
>
> It's time to Bow to Reality, in the form of Federer. So please, no more
> ... BOAT stuff, Head to Head stuff, "peak" stuff, etc.
>
> As of now, until Nadal or someone else wins 19 slams, Federer is the
> undisputed Open Era Greatest, Bestest, Peakest, Longevitiest, and every
> other superlative that a player can have.
>
> That's just the way it is, as of right now, July 2017.

Incredible achievements and wins. Not many of them have come against the top rivals, which is also true. #8 came against a sobbing opponent. Conquering the tougher opponents, ones on similar historic level, is the only true "blemish." 8th win was great, but the match itself is forgettable.

Makarand Patil

Jul 16, 2017, 12:29:03 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:47:09 AM UTC-7, StephenJ wrote:
Haters gonna hate, no matter what. Fed haters, essentially the two resident Sampras fanboys, continuing to stay the same (and say the same trash "clown era, H2H" ), no matter what Fed achieves, is one certainty in RST. They are essentially hardwired that way. If they could have changed, they would have changed after 2009 Wimbledon or 2012 Wimbledon.

SliceAndDice

Jul 16, 2017, 12:33:11 PM7/16/17
Wimbledon #8 was definitely the greater accomplishment, but AO #5 was probably more satisfying for multiple reasons :)

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 12:47:20 PM7/16/17
On 7/16/2017 11:29 AM, Makarand Patil wrote:
> On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:47:09 AM UTC-7, StephenJ wrote:
>> Let's face it: With 19 GS titles, including two won this year at 35, and
>> now a record-smashing 8th Wimbledon title, criticisms of Federer are
>> just plain silly and make the one issuing them look ridiculous.
>>
>> It's time to Bow to Reality, in the form of Federer. So please, no more
>> ... BOAT stuff, Head to Head stuff, "peak" stuff, etc.
>>
>> As of now, until Nadal or someone else wins 19 slams, Federer is the
>> undisputed Open Era Greatest, Bestest, Peakest, Longevitiest, and every
>> other superlative that a player can have.
>>
>> That's just the way it is, as of right now, July 2017.
>>

>> ---
>
> Haters gonna hate, no matter what.

I'm curious to see if you prove correct. It's obvious that right now,
Fed has clearly out-distanced everyone of the open era on all possible
relevant criteria, so bowing down is the only logical thing to do. All
possible criticisms have been answered.

Anyone who continues to doubt this is just engaging in pure irrational hate.

rec.sport.tennis

Jul 16, 2017, 2:33:19 PM7/16/17
rst would be very dull without pure irrational hate

ali...@alinefx.com

Jul 16, 2017, 3:08:00 PM7/16/17
On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 12:26:59 PM UTC-4, Jason White wrote:
by that measure, every person except Djok/Fed Nadal ever faced at FO should also be a "blemish", no?

stephenJ

Jul 16, 2017, 5:17:52 PM7/16/17
Fed beat all comers. Joker, Nadal, and Murray were all in the draw.
There's no 'blemish' of any kind here.

The Iceberg

Jul 16, 2017, 5:20:02 PM7/16/17
Lol he the greatest at winning when nobody else turns up and against the clowns but that about it!

The Iceberg

Jul 16, 2017, 5:21:01 PM7/16/17
Fedfans going to threaten violence no matter what!

The Iceberg

Jul 16, 2017, 5:22:50 PM7/16/17
Lololollllol this is too funny! he let Nadal, Djoker etc win didn't he!

ali...@alinefx.com

Jul 16, 2017, 5:41:19 PM7/16/17
Someone is purely lost it.

19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15. 19 > 15.

Suck it, Titty boi.

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 7:01:54 AM7/17/17
On 17/07/2017 1:47 AM, stephenJ wrote:
> Let's face it: With 19 GS titles, including two won this year at 35, and
> now a record-smashing 8th Wimbledon title, criticisms of Federer are
> just plain silly and make the one issuing them look ridiculous.
>
> It's time to Bow to Reality, in the form of Federer. So please, no more
> ... BOAT stuff, Head to Head stuff, "peak" stuff, etc.
>
> As of now, until Nadal or someone else wins 19 slams, Federer is the
> undisputed Open Era Greatest, Bestest, Peakest, Longevitiest, and every
> other superlative that a player can have.
>
> That's just the way it is, as of right now, July 2017.

There's not a lot to be critical about. It's blasphemous to disrespect
the Wimbledon king.

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 7:22:54 AM7/17/17
Not from Roger though. He was superb.

---
http://www.avg.com

Whisper

Jul 17, 2017, 7:24:42 AM7/17/17
I change when the evidence changes. Fed has been stand alone Wimbledon
king for only a few hours, not 5 or 8 yrs.

---
http://www.avg.com

bob

Jul 18, 2017, 9:21:46 PM7/18/17
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 09:17:49 -0700 (PDT), Carey <carey...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:57:20 AM UTC-7, John Liang wrote:
>

>> Where is lttle bob ?
>

>I think bnb said he was going to Germany, where there are apparently no internets. /s

said i was going to germany, austria and italy, where i wouldn't lug
my computer around just to type in RST.

why all the irritation carey? was it cause i refused to vote for
clinton?

bob

bob

Jul 18, 2017, 9:24:24 PM7/18/17
On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 10:47:06 -0500, stephenJ <sja...@cox.net> wrote:

>Let's face it: With 19 GS titles, including two won this year at 35, and
>now a record-smashing 8th Wimbledon title, criticisms of Federer are
>just plain silly and make the one issuing them look ridiculous.
>
>It's time to Bow to Reality, in the form of Federer. So please, no more
>... BOAT stuff, Head to Head stuff, "peak" stuff, etc.
>
>As of now, until Nadal or someone else wins 19 slams, Federer is the
>undisputed Open Era Greatest, Bestest, Peakest, Longevitiest, and every
>other superlative that a player can have.
>
>That's just the way it is, as of right now, July 2017.

fed keeps winning, but nobody will ever convince me that federer would
beat peak s/v players like sampras, becker or mcenroe at wimbledon, or
beat peak nadal anywhere.

he sure as heck beats peak cilic types repeatedly, sure as heck
maintains his level better than anyone ever, and his consistency is
really the major part of his greatness.

but no doubt his achievements have been the best of anyone ever since
he hit 15-16 slams.

bob

Guypers

Jul 18, 2017, 10:45:59 PM7/18/17
Lol, booby is back, if mick, stimpy played would not make it past the qf!

bob

Jul 18, 2017, 11:03:57 PM7/18/17
On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 19:45:57 -0700 (PDT), Guypers <gap...@gmail.com>
wrote:
what the heck is mick stimpy? lol.

i congratulate fed on that wimbledon, not sure why everybody's in
attack mode. he won it easily, nadal, djok, murray all bowed out very
early and fed didn't.

bob

ahonkan

Jul 19, 2017, 1:41:24 AM7/19/17
On Sunday, 16 July 2017 21:56:59 UTC+5:30, Jason White wrote:

> Incredible achievements and wins. Not many of them have come against the top rivals, which is also true. #8 came against a sobbing opponent. Conquering the tougher opponents, ones on similar historic level, is the only true "blemish." 8th win was great, but the match itself is forgettable.

As StephenJ wrote: Haters will continue to find imaginary holes in the
resume, give backhanded compliments etc ...

ahonkan

Jul 19, 2017, 1:50:20 AM7/19/17
On Monday, 17 July 2017 00:38:00 UTC+5:30, ali...@alinefx.com wrote:

> by that measure, every person except Djok/Fed Nadal ever faced at FO should also be a "blemish", no?

Let's take a look at Rafa's opponents when he won slams:
AO: 1xFed - Rafa's bunny. The win doesn't count. Anyone else would have
beaten Rafa. Just ask Djoker or Stan. So zero effective AO titles.
FO: 4xFed. Cross those out. Among the rest, cross out Puerta, Ferrer,
Soderling & Wawrinka. So just 2 effective FO titles.
W: 1xFed. Ignore that. The other came against Berdych. Scratch.
So 0 effective W titles.
USO: 2xDjoker. 2 effective USO titles.
Total: 4 effective slams against elite competition. 10 if you condescend
to include Fed as an elite rival.
:-)

ahonkan

Jul 19, 2017, 1:58:18 AM7/19/17
On Wednesday, 19 July 2017 06:54:24 UTC+5:30, bob wrote:

> fed keeps winning, but nobody will ever convince me that federer would
> beat peak s/v players like sampras, becker or mcenroe at wimbledon, or
> beat peak nadal anywhere.

You are entitled to your biases and prejudices and your right to ignore
all evidence to the contrary.

> he sure as heck beats peak cilic types repeatedly, sure as heck
> maintains his level better than anyone ever, and his consistency is
> really the major part of his greatness.

Not surprising that beating Piolines and Votchkovs and getting beaten
by Korda, Krajicek types never affected the status of Pete but anything
and everything will count against Fed.

> but no doubt his achievements have been the best of anyone ever since
> he hit 15-16 slams.

Even though it's totally the opposite, I'll be happy with that. He
reached 15 slams in half the time it took Sampras and it took him 8 years
to get the next 4. Then again, this may be your way of giving
backhanded compliments.

bob

Jul 19, 2017, 7:01:08 PM7/19/17
On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:58:16 -0700 (PDT), ahonkan <aho...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Wednesday, 19 July 2017 06:54:24 UTC+5:30, bob wrote:
>
>> fed keeps winning, but nobody will ever convince me that federer would
>> beat peak s/v players like sampras, becker or mcenroe at wimbledon, or
>> beat peak nadal anywhere.
>
>You are entitled to your biases and prejudices and your right to ignore
>all evidence to the contrary.

if you want to say rackets, surfaces and technology/training made s/v
obsolete, that's an argument that can be made.

but if you want to say there's evidence fed beat great s/v players en
route to his 8 wimbledons, there isn't any evidence.

>> he sure as heck beats peak cilic types repeatedly, sure as heck
>> maintains his level better than anyone ever, and his consistency is
>> really the major part of his greatness.
>
>Not surprising that beating Piolines and Votchkovs and getting beaten
>by Korda, Krajicek types never affected the status of Pete but anything
>and everything will count against Fed.
>>
>> but no doubt his achievements have been the best of anyone ever since
>> he hit 15-16 slams.
>
>Even though it's totally the opposite, I'll be happy with that. He
>reached 15 slams in half the time it took Sampras and it took him 8 years
>to get the next 4. Then again, this may be your way of giving
>backhanded compliments.

i didn't mean "since" he hit 15 slams, i meant "cause" he hit 15
slams.

it's not backhanded, fed has achieved something unthinkable, to me.
and he's to be admired for it. the fact i don't like him doesn't
change his accomplishment.

bob