Serena on the way to winning FO

soccerfan777

May 31, 2018, 4:04:16 PM5/31/18
You heard it first here. No one is stopping her!

StephenJ

May 31, 2018, 4:06:03 PM5/31/18
On 5/31/2018 3:04 PM, soccerfan777 wrote:
> You heard it first here. No one is stopping her!

Serena must weight 200 pounds and almost lost today. She has zero chance
of winning this event. Good Lord.

--
for the total eradication of the imperialists, the Chinese
people are willing to endure the first U.S. nuclear

- Mao Tse-Tung, 1958

soccerfan777

May 31, 2018, 4:19:28 PM5/31/18
On Thursday, May 31, 2018 at 3:06:03 PM UTC-5, StephenJ wrote:
> On 5/31/2018 3:04 PM, soccerfan777 wrote:
> > You heard it first here. No one is stopping her!
> >

> Serena must weight 200 pounds and almost lost today. She has zero chance
> of winning this event. Good Lord.

Wasn't she always 200 lbs? One of the reasons she is not an ideal goat candidate is because of her non-athletic fat body... Federer has a perfect athlete body... Serena... no and never!

TennisGuy

May 31, 2018, 4:52:32 PM5/31/18
On 5/31/2018 4:06 PM, StephenJ wrote:
> On 5/31/2018 3:04 PM, soccerfan777 wrote:
>> You heard it first here. No one is stopping her!
>>

> Serena must weight 200 pounds and almost lost today. She has zero
> chance of winning this event. Good Lord.

If there is one thing that StephenJ can absolutely NOT stand
is someone declaring that Serena will win a tournament, particularly
a slam.

He HATES that!

Keep it going Raja. :)

StephenJ

May 31, 2018, 4:53:48 PM5/31/18
Just being realistic. Did you see how fat Serena is? Did you see, e.g.,
Muguruza and Sharapova's form today?

Serena can't compete with that, not now at least.

TennisGuy

May 31, 2018, 5:23:12 PM5/31/18
On 5/31/2018 4:53 PM, StephenJ wrote:
> On 5/31/2018 3:52 PM, TennisGuy wrote:
>>>>

>>> Serena must weight 200 pounds and almost lost today. She has
>>> zero chance of winning this event. Good Lord.
>>>

>> If there is one thing that StephenJ can absolutely NOT stand is
>> someone declaring that Serena will win a tournament, particularly a
>> slam.
>>
>> He HATES that!
>
> Just being realistic. Did you see how fat Serena is? Did you see,
> e.g., Muguruza and Sharapova's form today?
>
> Serena can't compete with that, not now at least.

<Rolls eyes>... like Courty used to do.

soccerfan777

May 31, 2018, 5:27:27 PM5/31/18
lol... thanks.

soccerfan777

May 31, 2018, 5:27:53 PM5/31/18
Sharapova is not beating Serena.

heyg...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2018, 3:01:11 AM6/1/18
Sharapova has to be praying to play Serena in the fourth round...a huge chance to snap the losing streak.

Whisper

Jun 1, 2018, 3:49:02 AM6/1/18
On 1/06/2018 6:06 AM, StephenJ wrote:
> On 5/31/2018 3:04 PM, soccerfan777 wrote:
>> You heard it first here. No one is stopping her!
>>

> Serena must weight 200 pounds and almost lost today. She has zero chance
> of winning this event. Good Lord.

You would think, but she is striking it remarkably well. Just needs to
win the right points & she might be a chance.

---
https://www.avg.com

Manuel aka Xax

Jun 1, 2018, 4:12:08 AM6/1/18
Le jeudi 31 mai 2018 22:53:48 UTC+2, StephenJ a écrit :
> On 5/31/2018 3:52 PM, TennisGuy wrote:
> >>>

> >> Serena must weight 200 pounds and almost lost today. She has zero
> >> chance of winning this event. Good Lord.
> >>

> >  If there is one thing that StephenJ can absolutely NOT stand
> > is someone declaring that Serena will win a tournament, particularly
> > a slam.
> >
> > He HATES that!
>
> Just being realistic. Did you see how fat Serena is? Did you see, e.g.,
> Muguruza and Sharapova's form today?
>
> Serena can't compete with that, not now at least.

Hadn't she already, more than once ?

Serena is a mental fortress like very few other player (male or female) I've seen.

I've been wondering how purposefully she went twice to a decider : get rhythm & match habits back in early rounds (hence supposedly easier opponents)...
To me she is slowly but surely raising her game (and possibly even her fitness, or lowering her lack of, to be truer).
Once she is in a slam draw, it's a bit like having Nadal at the FO : it would be quite dumb to rule either out... No matter how in bad shape they might be, given how big remains their dominance.

StephenJ

Jun 1, 2018, 9:40:47 AM6/1/18
On 6/1/2018 2:48 AM, Whisper wrote:
> On 1/06/2018 6:06 AM, StephenJ wrote:
>> On 5/31/2018 3:04 PM, soccerfan777 wrote:
>>> You heard it first here. No one is stopping her!
>>>

>> Serena must weight 200 pounds and almost lost today. She has zero
>> chance of winning this event. Good Lord.

> You would think, but she is striking it remarkably well.  Just needs to
> win the right points & she might be a chance.

She did beat the #17 seed, that's something. But just looking at other
girls like Mugs and Shrap, they are also striking it well and are far
fitter. Even Kerber is.

There are at least 5 girls I've seen so far that Serena simply can't
beat in her current form. "Zero chance" is an exaggeration, but it would
take some remarkable good fortune in terms of other top girls blowing it
against lesser players to clear a path for her.

As it stands, I don't see her making it past the 3rd round.

Whisper

Jun 1, 2018, 10:50:53 AM6/1/18
On 1/06/2018 11:40 PM, StephenJ wrote:
> On 6/1/2018 2:48 AM, Whisper wrote:
>>>>

>>> Serena must weight 200 pounds and almost lost today. She has zero
>>> chance of winning this event. Good Lord.
>
>> You would think, but she is striking it remarkably well.  Just needs
>> to win the right points & she might be a chance.
>
> She did beat the #17 seed, that's something. But just looking at other
> girls like Mugs and Shrap, they are also striking it well and are far
> fitter. Even Kerber is.
>
> There are at least 5 girls I've seen so far that Serena simply can't
> beat in her current form. "Zero chance" is an exaggeration, but it would
> take some remarkable good fortune in terms of other top girls blowing it
> against lesser players to clear a path for her.
>
> As it stands, I don't see her making it past the 3rd round.

Just watching the 'Being Serena' reality tv thing. Looks to me like she
wants to get to 25 quickly & then quit & have another baby.

I give her about 25% chance of winning this FO, but she'll have to get
through a few really tight matches to do it. I think she'll be primed
to win Wimbledon though, & then maybe 25 at USO?

PeteWasLucky

Jun 1, 2018, 11:26:41 AM6/1/18
lol, I said on another thread I wish Serena wins it, and I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe she can do it.

StephenJ

Jun 2, 2018, 8:28:00 AM6/2/18
I will be shocked if Serena wins another slam. Maybe 10% chance of doing
so. She's a mom now and fat, and the game has moved on without her.

If 25 mattered to her, she shoulda held off on the baby last year, LOL.

TennisGuy

Jun 2, 2018, 9:23:29 AM6/2/18
Nonsense. She needs to put another one in the oven.
This slam is signed sealed and delivered.
It's hers to lose.

Calimero

Jun 2, 2018, 9:48:49 AM6/2/18

She was always fat and the game has regressed even more without her.

I'd expect every former great (Evert, Navratilova, Graf, Seles) - even at 36 - to beat the crap out of this ridiculous current clown field on clay. Heck, even 48-year-old Graf would win against most players in the 2018 FO field.

Max

--
".... but it is true I disliked Graf." (Steve Jaros, rec.sport.tennis, 2004)

Whisper

Jun 2, 2018, 9:55:19 AM6/2/18
She said the baby was an accident. She'd probably have 25 slams now had
she not missed last 4 slams.

I can usually spot Wimbledon winners by the way they play at FO, & I'm
seeing that with Serena right now.

--
"A GOAT who isn't BOAT can never become GOAT if he plays alongside BOAT"

Patrick Kehoe

Jun 2, 2018, 2:52:39 PM6/2/18
Muguruza doesn't mind facing her Williams... Serena only 3-2 over Mugu and on clay at the French Open, it's 2-0 for Mugu over Serena...

StephenJ

Jun 2, 2018, 3:27:52 PM6/2/18
Yes, if Serena somehow gets past Shrap, she will be a heavy underdog vs
Mugs.

Mugs vs Kerber will probably decide the title.

StephenJ

Jun 2, 2018, 3:28:47 PM6/2/18
I don't see it, but nobody will be happier than I if you are right. :)

TennisGuy

Jun 2, 2018, 5:06:32 PM6/2/18
On 6/2/2018 3:27 PM, StephenJ wrote:

> Yes, if Serena somehow gets past Shrap...

Somehow gets past?
It's in the bag Stephen, trust me.

The title is all hers!
She can't lose.

soccerfan777

Jun 2, 2018, 5:33:29 PM6/2/18
Yes. And Jaros knows it. He is merely trying to reverse jinx.

Calimero

Jun 2, 2018, 6:05:07 PM6/2/18
Serena was really impressive today against Görges.
If she continues like that maybe she could become GOAT?

PeteWasLucky

Jun 2, 2018, 7:20:58 PM6/2/18
> Muguruza doesn't mind facing her Williams... Serena only 3-2 over Mugu and on clay at the French Open, it's 2-0 for Mugu over Serena...

Serena is finding new ways to win matches, play more inside the court, take the serve return on the rise, etc.

She isn't in a great physical shape, but Serena is very solid mentally and her focus is what creates champions.

bob

Jun 2, 2018, 9:20:51 PM6/2/18
On Thu, 31 May 2018 13:04:15 -0700 (PDT), soccerfan777
<zepf...@gmail.com> wrote:

>You heard it first here. No one is stopping her!

i've never seen her that fat. i don't see her winning.

bob

bob

Jun 2, 2018, 9:23:18 PM6/2/18
On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 06:48:47 -0700 (PDT), Calimero <calim...@gmx.de>
wrote:
not like this. she's huge.

bob

TennisGuy

Jun 2, 2018, 9:41:31 PM6/2/18
Fat is where it's at!
No stopping the whale.

bob

Jun 2, 2018, 9:47:43 PM6/2/18
On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 21:41:41 -0400, TennisGuy <TG...@techsavvy.com>
wrote:
old SW: less fat covering more muscle.
new SW: more fat covering less muscle.

she is absolutely huge, she won't win the tourney IMO, but may whip
maria once more.

bob

TennisGuy

Jun 2, 2018, 9:56:15 PM6/2/18
It's a done deal! (the title)

Whisper

Jun 3, 2018, 6:21:23 AM6/3/18
I give her 25% chance of winning FO & 80% of winning Wimbledon.

Calimero

Jun 3, 2018, 6:59:20 AM6/3/18
I agree. The field is simply to weak.
A young Kimiko Date would be undisputed #1 today. Not some Holeps or Wozniackas.

StephenJ

Jun 3, 2018, 9:19:54 AM6/3/18
Yes, this exceeds 2007 weight.

My guess is she's over 200 right now.

She is the GOAT so if the path was perfect there would be a chance, but it is actually the worst possible for her so zippo.

soccerfan777

Jun 3, 2018, 10:10:04 AM6/3/18
An woman crossing 200 is surely obese category. Serena may be around 180 that's it. Yes she is somewhat more fat than usual but doesn't seem to have problem outmuscling and intimidating opponents.

Whisper

Jun 4, 2018, 4:14:13 AM6/4/18
67% chance of beating Shara % & 25% the title.

Manuel aka Xax

Jun 4, 2018, 9:23:04 AM6/4/18
I've just heard that Serena won't be playing.
Some french ex-player (Arnaud Boetsch) said she might get on court to explain she's retiring instead.

I wonder how real that info is, she might be playing some mental game with MaSha, having such rumor propagated.

guypers

Jun 4, 2018, 9:25:23 AM6/4/18
Serena pulls out of FO!

soccerfan777