Nadal's chances for No.1 by end of 2017

fymido...@yahoo.com

May 12, 2017, 1:55:53 PM5/12/17
With Federer playing a very limited schedule (wisely so for the almost 36 YO body), and Nadal's impressive form so far this year, I think Nadal has a better chance of becoming No.1 again compared to Murray/Djokovic/Federer. It is almost guaranteed that he will have a massive lead in the ATP points race by the end of FO, and he has nothing to defend in Wimbledon. All he needs to do is perform decently (equivalent to what he had done in the early hard court season), and he is almost guaranteed to end the year with #1.

joh

May 12, 2017, 2:07:42 PM5/12/17
Op vrijdag 12 mei 2017 19:55:53 UTC+2 schreef fymido...@yahoo.com:
> With Federer playing a very limited schedule (wisely so for the almost 36 YO body), and Nadal's impressive form so far this year, I think Nadal has a better chance of becoming No.1 again compared to Murray/Djokovic/Federer. It is almost guaranteed that he will have a massive lead in the ATP points race by the end of FO, and he has nothing to defend in Wimbledon.

true but irrelevant

John Liang

May 13, 2017, 12:15:10 AM5/13/17
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 3:55:53 AM UTC+10, fymido...@yahoo.com wrote:
> With Federer playing a very limited schedule (wisely so for the almost 36 YO body), and Nadal's impressive form so far this year, I think Nadal has a better chance of becoming No.1 again compared to Murray/Djokovic/Federer. It is almost guaranteed that he will have a massive lead in the ATP points race by the end of FO, and he has nothing to defend in Wimbledon. All he needs to do is perform decently (equivalent to what he had done in the early hard court season), and he is almost guaranteed to end the year with #1.

The French Open is what will make or break for Nadal. Even in some of the years when he won FO in the last few years he did not do well at W and USO.

ahonkan

May 13, 2017, 1:49:04 AM5/13/17
On Friday, 12 May 2017 13:55:53 UTC-4, fymido...@yahoo.com wrote:
> With Federer playing a very limited schedule (wisely so for the almost 36 YO body), and Nadal's impressive form so far this year, I think Nadal has a better chance of becoming No.1 again compared to Murray/Djokovic/Federer. It is almost guaranteed that he will have a massive lead in the ATP points race by the end of FO, and he has nothing to defend in Wimbledon. All he needs to do is perform decently (equivalent to what he had done in the early hard court season), and he is almost guaranteed to end the year with #1.

This is not a given. Despite getting probably the best start to 2017, he is
still at #5. His max point total from the clay season is 5500 and that's
probably not enough to get to #1. He generally wins everything between
April & June and nothing in the remainder of the year.

The Iceberg

May 13, 2017, 5:27:03 AM5/13/17
yeah! you always said he couldn't ever scientifically possibly win the USO!

John Liang

May 13, 2017, 7:09:31 AM5/13/17
I never said anything in tennis that is remotely related to science. In fact I never used the term scientifically possibly because I don't believe there is a science in winning tennis matches. It is however scientifically proven you are an idiot.