New York man faces five years in jail for ‘linking’ to online videos

Superdave

Mar 10, 2011, 8:49:37 PM3/10/11

Manco

Mar 10, 2011, 10:00:13 PM3/10/11
On Mar 10, 5:49 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/03/10/new-york-man-faces-five-years-i...

> Linking is now a crime?
>
> What next? Breathing !

Ever hear of copyright violations?

Superdave

Mar 10, 2011, 11:47:56 PM3/10/11

Linking is NOT a copyright violation !

You must be real DUMB.

TT

Mar 11, 2011, 7:17:15 AM3/11/11

This is rather outrageous breach of civil rights from the same
incompetent agency that fucked up helping the Katrina victims.

If I understood correctly they're holding a website owner in custody -
for a "crime" which should not pass in any court of law. They could as
well arrest youtube owners, or even worse anyone who has ever linked to
youtube. They should be sued for this...an official should have legal
knowledge enough to understand that you can't arrest a man for something
like this.

If it's scare tactic and an attempt to stop the sites for the time of
judicial process...They will fail completely - after court orders that
there is nothing illegal in this they can not scare or do anything about
stream-linking sites any more.

""Based on my training and experience, I know that 'linking' websites
generally collect and catalog links to files on third party websites..."

...What kind of damn idiots are working there? "Based on my training and
experience"...wow, a "special agent". I'm impressed. Hopefully they'll
get sued back for this.

Iceberg

Mar 11, 2011, 7:20:58 AM3/11/11
On Mar 11, 12:17 pm, TT <d...@do.it> wrote:
> 11.3.2011 3:49, Superdave kirjoitti:
>

> >http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/03/10/new-york-man-faces-five-years-i...

> > Linking is now a crime?
>
> > What next? Breathing !
>
> This is rather outrageous breach of civil rights from the same
> incompetent agency that fucked up helping the Katrina victims.
>
> If I understood correctly they're holding a website owner in custody -
> for a "crime" which should not pass in any court of law. They could as
> well arrest youtube owners, or even worse anyone who has ever linked to
> youtube. They should be sued for this...an official should have legal
> knowledge enough to understand that you can't arrest a man for something
> like this.
>
> If it's scare tactic and an attempt to stop the sites for the time of
> judicial process...They will fail completely - after court orders that
> there is nothing illegal in this they can not scare or do anything about
> stream-linking sites any more.
>
> ""Based on my training and experience, I know that 'linking' websites
> generally collect and catalog links to files on third party websites..."
>
> ...What kind of damn idiots are working there? "Based on my training and
> experience"...wow, a "special agent". I'm impressed. Hopefully they'll
> get sued back for this.

yes, I agree hopefully they'll get sued for a lot of money and these
scumbag 'agents' and 'agencies' will pay bigtime. It's the only thing
that'll stop them, these govt morons have to be beaten back from time
to time.

Superdave

Mar 11, 2011, 7:26:31 AM3/11/11

Really.

The US Government Homeland Security has now become the personal Corporate Gestapo of America.

How is anyone or any organization allowed to BUY the public's law enforcement ageny to be used illegally against
themselves?

It blows ones fucking mind.

Really.

Superdave

Mar 11, 2011, 7:34:30 AM3/11/11

I agree with both of you but even if they get sued and pay a big fine
who pays it ? The Corporations whose GREED they were attempting to
gratify or the public who pays their salary?

Again, like the Wall Street fiasco .... if they win the Corporations win but
if they lose the public bears the loss.

The whole thing is fucked up !

Corporations need to be reined in big time before it is too late. Corporations are NOT
an entity among themselves. They are there to serve the public and not to rape them.

only human

Mar 12, 2011, 8:19:24 AM3/12/11

WTF! this is for real? this is nuts. things are really getting out of
hand with corp giants. its not apparently enough they
have billions of dollars that they have raped away from the middle class
and the poor for decades. these bastards have to be stopped. thankgod
america is finally waking up to the corp crooks and the right wing pugs.
all thanks to the asshole gov Walker. their's going to be a huge revolt
against the republicans with recalls this year. and Walker is surely
going to be gone in jan next year. and good riddens.
he belongs in prison. i hope someone sues the hell out of this guy.

Superdave

Mar 12, 2011, 7:53:22 PM3/12/11

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/03/10/new-york-man-faces-five-years-in-jail-for-linking-to-online-videos/

I'm glad I scrolled the comments before stating my piece. You asked the same question I would've: WTF does ANY OF THIS
have to do with either D.H.S. or I.C.E.? (Obvious answer: Not a goddamned thing! It's just another out-growth, another
mission-creep, another perversion of the the already-perverse USA P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act.)

Of all the good our government could be doing us, SHOULD be doing us--with our own money, no less--this is where law
enforcement dollars go. Mr. A.G. Eric Holder could be investigating, convening grand juries, and issuing subpoenas for
the theft of trillions of dollars by "financial services" CEOs. (Only the biggest heist ever imagined, implemented
transparently, and achieved successfully, in the history of history!)

Mr. Holder could be investigating, convening grand juries and issuing subpoenas for the architects of at least one
wag-the-dog war in which hundreds of thousands of civilians were slaughtered, thousands of US soldiers killed, and tens
of thousands of US soldiers maimed. (Like the banking/mortgage/credit-default-swap operation, we are paying the price of
waging that/those war(s), paying blood money for the slaughter of innocents, and paying for our dead and injured.)
Another group of ticks got off with those spoils, the MIC, whose lobbyists are just as cosy with our lawmakers as
Goldman Sachs CEOs.

Our “fully qualified” US. Atty. General Mr. Holder could be investigating, convening grand juries and issuing subpoenas
for the architects of a clearly felonious, un-American, anti-Constitutional policy of extraordinary rendition and
torture which has made us millions of blood enemies the world over, thus perpetuating war , increasing national security
risks, and making us the most blatantly hypocritical nation on earth. But no, they aren’t (evidently) nearly as
detrimental to our way of life as Brian McCarthy's domain and his links.

They say we have to endure a "tightening of the belt", because our country is broke. Trash pick-up is costing more, food
costs more, fuel costs more (we stabilized the Middle East. thanks neocons.) State and local workers being laid off,
teachers furloughed or laid off, tuition increases implemented. And more and more people are losing homes. (Fair
disclosure: I'm one of them.)

Good move, Asst. U.S. Attorney Christopher D. "Step-n-fetch-it" Fry
and fine work, Special Agent Daniel M. "I surf the net on your buck" Brazier
and splendid judicial wisdom U.S. Magistrate Judge Henry B. "Hitman" Pitman

Of all the skeezy crooks in NY you could've gone after, you're really keeping a keen eye on law enforcement priorities.

When do we get a reach-around?