Novak Djokovic: Tennis star splits with entire coaching staff

PeteWasLucky

May 5, 2017, 12:43:02 PM5/5/17
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/05/tennis/nov
ak-djokovic-tennis-coaching-staff-split/index.html
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

PeteWasLucky

May 5, 2017, 12:47:24 PM5/5/17
He is an AH, firing people that dedicated their lives for his career just because he felt like it.

I don't care if he is burnt out or not but it just shows his class.

Carey

May 5, 2017, 1:33:52 PM5/5/17
I haven't liked Djok in the past, but I'm really starting to feel for him.
He is obviously searching, and I hope he finds what he's looking for.

There is more to life than tennis.

Court_1

May 5, 2017, 5:42:40 PM5/5/17
On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 12:47:24 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> He is an AH, firing people that dedicated their lives for his career just because he felt like it.
>
> I don't care if he is burnt out or not but it just shows his class.

What are you talking about? Djokovic isn't allowed to fire his coaching staff now because they've been with him a very long time? Players get rid of members of their coaching team all the time and are entitled to do so if they feel the relationships are stagnant. Djokovic doesn't owe anybody a lifetime employment commitment.

In pro tennis you have a very short shelf life and if you feel you aren't getting the results you want, you have to act fast. How many coaches has Federer had throughout his career? Didn't Nadal make a big change to his team by displacing Uncle Toni as his head coach? Didn't Murray get rid of his whole team a couple of years ago and start fresh?

I'm with Djokovic on this one. He needs to find the right team and formula if he wants to try and win titles again before it's too late.

PeteWasLucky

May 5, 2017, 6:16:03 PM5/5/17
Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:
As I said it's all about class.

Court_1

May 5, 2017, 7:19:07 PM5/5/17
On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 6:16:03 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> Court_1 Wrote in message:
Class has nothing to do with this discussion. He's an ATG who has a very short time as a professional tennis player to make an impact. I'm sure he gave his coaching team members who have been like a family to him a great severance package and who knows if he goes over and above that and supports them completely financially? We don't know what he does behind the scenes. But he does not owe them a lifetime deal to be on his coaching team if he isn't achieving the results he desires. Only a loser thinks that way, not a person who has achieved greatness or aspires to greatness in any area of life.

I think it sounds like a positive change for his career. As I said earlier, players change teams all the time in search of the right team at the right time. Federer has done it his entire career and rightly so!

Shakes

May 5, 2017, 8:15:22 PM5/5/17
On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 3:16:03 PM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> Court_1 <olymp...@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:

> > What are you talking about? Djokovic isn't allowed to fire his coaching staff now because they've been with him a very long time? Players get rid of members of their coaching team all the time and are entitled to do so if they feel the relationships are stagnant. Djokovic doesn't owe anybody a lifetime employment commitment.
> >
> > In pro tennis you have a very short shelf life and if you feel you aren't getting the results you want, you have to act fast. How many coaches has Federer had throughout his career? Didn't Nadal make a big change to his team by displacing Uncle Toni as his head coach? Didn't Murray get rid of his whole team a couple of years ago and start fresh?
> >
> > I'm with Djokovic on this one. He needs to find the right team and formula if he wants to try and win titles again before it's too late.
> >

> As I said it's all about class.
> --

Did you say the same thing when Fed split with Peter Lundgren, Tony Roche, Stefan Edberg, Paul Annacone ? Fed even said after his split with Roche that "they didn't speak to each other for a long time". It's perfectly fine to criticize Djok but when you criticize every other player bar Fed, it's a clear cut definition of bias.

John Liang

May 5, 2017, 9:22:38 PM5/5/17
Fed split with Lundgren, Roche, Annacone and Edberg were different, Fed did not disband his whole coaching team, it is unusual to see a whole team of coaching staff been fired this way. But it has nothing to do with Djoker been less classy, we don't know the inner detail and term they reached in dismissing the whole team. Djoker probably thinks with his experience on tour he can figured out a solution himself.

*skriptis

May 5, 2017, 9:30:02 PM5/5/17
Shakes <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Guy is most likely trolling, baiting. I'm sure there's somewhat
fear too, he's scared now that Djokovic has finally tackled the
problems so in a way, it could mean his return is something that
might happen rather sooner than later.

Really, what's to criticize Djokovic here for?

Can he change his team? They work for him, not the other way
around. In fact making changes to improve unsatisfactory
situation is exactly what champion needs to do in a situation
he's in. This is not Wimbledon 16, that you could say it's too
early or sudden.

And specifically class is something Djokovic has showed in this
case, with strong praise and thanking to his associates,
trainers, stuff etc.

Clasless would be saying they're guilty for his bad form or
something like that.

So, either a troll post, or a nutcase.

Guypers

May 5, 2017, 9:49:24 PM5/5/17
Nothing wrong with what Novak did, can hire whoever he wants, pays good money too!!

PeteWasLucky

May 5, 2017, 11:17:23 PM5/5/17
Shakes <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
Federer changed coaches but didn't fire people served him his
entire career.
Please shake put some effort understanding the differences and
understanding the individuals that Djokovic fired.
I have no problem if he fired Boris, or any other coach but not
the individuals that served him his entire career.

Whisper

May 6, 2017, 6:13:43 AM5/6/17
On 6/05/2017 11:24 AM, *skriptis wrote:
> Shakes <kvcs...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
>> On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 3:16:03 PM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote
> Guy is most likely trolling, baiting. I'm sure there's somewhat
> fear too, he's scared now that Djokovic has finally tackled the
> problems so in a way, it could mean his return is something that
> might happen rather sooner than later.
>
> Really, what's to criticize Djokovic here for?
>
> Can he change his team? They work for him, not the other way
> around. In fact making changes to improve unsatisfactory
> situation is exactly what champion needs to do in a situation
> he's in. This is not Wimbledon 16, that you could say it's too
> early or sudden.
>

> And specifically class is something Djokovic has showed in this
> case, with strong praise and thanking to his associates,
> trainers, stuff etc.
>
> Clasless would be saying they're guilty for his bad form or
> something like that.
>

> So, either a troll post, or a nutcase.

A Fedfucker post - so both.

Whisper

May 6, 2017, 6:16:08 AM5/6/17
Even if they have become a negative?

Court_1

May 6, 2017, 6:46:13 AM5/6/17
On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 11:17:23 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:

> Federer changed coaches but didn't fire people served him his
> entire career.
> Please shake put some effort understanding the differences and
> understanding the individuals that Djokovic fired.
> I have no problem if he fired Boris, or any other coach but not
> the individuals that served him his entire career.

So because Federer didn't get rid of his entire coaching team it means that every other player has to do the same? If Federer felt he wasn't benefiting from his physical fitness trainer you don't think he would have axed him? Give me a break. Federer got rid of everybody else besides his fitness trainer many times in his career so I don't know wth you are talking about. He's had many head coaches, different physiotherapists, different assistant coaches, etc.

Professional tennis players don't have any obligation to keep their coaching teams for an eternity! I'm sure Djokovic looked after these individuals who are like family to him.

Pelle Svanslös

May 6, 2017, 6:59:07 AM5/6/17
On 6.5.2017 6:17, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> I have no problem if he fired Boris, or any other coach but not
> the individuals that served him his entire career.

They didn't serve Djok out of sheer altruism and now Djok owes them the
same compassion back, if that's what you mean.

They're professionals, have been payed for their services and now it's
time to move on. Djok has fired/rehired these guys before.

--
“Donald Trump is the weak man’s vision of a strong man.”
-- Charles Cooke

PeteWasLucky

May 6, 2017, 9:09:11 AM5/6/17
> They didn't serve Djok out of sheer altruism and now Djok owes them the
same compassion back, if that's what you mean.

They're professionals, have been payed for their services and now it's
time to move on. Djok has fired/rehired these guys before.

This is my opinion and this is how I behave, no need for people to be upset.

Clearly the negative energy is all coming from djokovic not the people he fired.

RaspingDrive

May 6, 2017, 11:16:09 AM5/6/17
I agree with several folks here who have said that Djok need not be stuck with a team that gets paid but which according to him inspires him no more. Just to get a good name from PWL! As has been expressed already here, he has a small 'shelf life' to try and achieve bigger goals like 18. He should experiment with new models if the old fails to yield results.

Federer Fanatic

May 6, 2017, 1:00:11 PM5/6/17
As opposed to a nuanced thoughtful FedererFanatic? ;-)

FF

bob

May 6, 2017, 8:16:38 PM5/6/17
i agree, but he needs to look in the mirror first.

bob

bob

May 6, 2017, 8:17:53 PM5/6/17
On Fri, 5 May 2017 17:15:21 -0700 (PDT), Shakes <kvcs...@gmail.com>
wrote:
and PWL is as biased as the NYT, or more so. even he probably knows
it.

bob

bob

May 6, 2017, 8:19:18 PM5/6/17
On Sat, 6 May 2017 03:46:12 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
<olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 11:17:23 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
>
>> Federer changed coaches but didn't fire people served him his
>> entire career.
>> Please shake put some effort understanding the differences and
>> understanding the individuals that Djokovic fired.
>> I have no problem if he fired Boris, or any other coach but not
>> the individuals that served him his entire career.
>

>So because Federer didn't get rid of his entire coaching team it means that every other player has to do the same? If Federer felt he wasn't benefiting from his physical fitness trainer you don't think he would have axed him? Give me a break. Federer got rid of everybody else besides his fitness trainer

that fitness trainer gets him the stuff he needs. :-)

> many times in his career so I don't know wth you are talking about. He's had many head coaches, different physiotherapists, different assistant coaches, etc.
>Professional tennis players don't have any obligation to keep their coaching teams for an eternity! I'm sure Djokovic looked after these individuals who are like family to him.

bob

bob

May 6, 2017, 8:21:08 PM5/6/17
i tend to agree about the negative energy coming from djok, but still
djok's choice.

he doesn't owe a job to any hangers on, and anyone working with
spoiled 20 or 30 something multimillionaire tennis players should
realize they're fickle and next paycheck could go out the window any
moment.

bob

bob

May 6, 2017, 8:21:40 PM5/6/17
On Fri, 5 May 2017 10:33:51 -0700 (PDT), Carey <carey...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
isnt djok the one always saying that kind of thing? and he's the one
seems most hurting...

bob

*skriptis

May 6, 2017, 11:01:02 PM5/6/17
bob <b...@nospam.net> Wrote in message:
He's fine with the "outside
life".

*skriptis

May 6, 2017, 11:01:02 PM5/6/17
*skriptis <skri...@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:
Outside tennis I,mean.

bob

May 6, 2017, 11:16:53 PM5/6/17
on the surface it'd seem so, but maybe we've been misreading him.

bob

TT

May 7, 2017, 7:14:12 AM5/7/17
6.5.2017, 2:19, Court_1 kirjoitti:
> I think it sounds like a positive change for his career.

Scientology will help him win. Or whatever meditation and hugging regime
he's doing currently...

TT

May 7, 2017, 7:16:31 AM5/7/17
5.5.2017, 20:33, Carey kirjoitti:
> I haven't liked Djok in the past, but I'm really starting to feel for him.
> He is obviously searching, and I hope he finds what he's looking for.

He already did. Then he fired his staff.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2156429/novak-djokovic-tennis-star-seeks-help-from-spiritual-guru-as-alarming-slump-continues/

The Iceberg

May 7, 2017, 1:16:54 PM5/7/17
well to be honest if those guys couldn't get him to play the AO better after his performance at the O2, he must've known they'd grown too easy on him.

grif

May 7, 2017, 2:27:55 PM5/7/17
"Perma-tanned Spaniard Imaz, 42, battled bulimia in his teens and then turned to oddball David Icke to help him get his life back on track."

David Icke ? Fuck, it's worse than I realised.

*skriptis

May 7, 2017, 3:30:02 PM5/7/17
grif <griff...@hotmail.com> Wrote in message:
Well if it's the lizards that Icke speaks about, it's all about
fifth column.

So it could be that he removed them all in order to get rid of the
one that's draining his energy, and worked against him.

PeteWasLucky

Dec 3, 2018, 10:02:31 PM12/3/18
> Federer changed coaches but didn't fire people served him his
entire career.
Please shake put some effort understanding the differences and
understanding the individuals that Djokovic fired.
I have no problem if he fired Boris, or any other coach but not
the individuals that served him his entire career.

So Shakes what do you think now?

Anyway, he did the right thing bringing him back :)