Jody Wilson-Raybould SNC-Lavalin

TennisGuy

Feb 27, 2019, 7:20:40 PM2/27/19
Do these names mean anything to you Trump-obsessed folks here?

bob

Feb 27, 2019, 7:25:59 PM2/27/19
On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 19:19:50 -0500, TennisGuy <TG...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Do these names mean anything to you Trump-obsessed folks here?

what about her?

bob

Calimero

Feb 27, 2019, 9:23:06 PM2/27/19
On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 1:20:40 AM UTC+1, TennisGuy wrote:
> Do these names mean anything to you Trump-obsessed folks here?

Yes, sure!

Max

The Iceberg

Feb 28, 2019, 6:16:47 AM2/28/19
On Thursday, 28 February 2019 00:20:40 UTC, TennisGuy wrote:
> Do these names mean anything to you Trump-obsessed folks here?

nope, no idea, am from England, can you tell us?

Calimero

Feb 28, 2019, 2:01:32 PM2/28/19
On Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 1:20:40 AM UTC+1, TennisGuy wrote:
> Do these names mean anything to you Trump-obsessed folks here?

Would love it if this sanctimonious guy were to go down for this.

Max

TennisGuy

Feb 28, 2019, 2:03:00 PM2/28/19
Do you guys live under a rock or in a cave somewhere in Afghanistan?

There is a huge scandal that has been brewing for months in Canada
involving the Prime Minister of Canada.

Yesterday the former Attorney General of Canada testified to a special
parliamentary committee and let the world know that the P.M. and members
of his office put political pressure on her to change a final decision
she had made on a justice issue.

This came after the P.M. asserted several times that his government
would never interfere politically in a judicial case (Huawei).

In other words the P.M. has been caught with his pants down and could
face serious retribution in some form or another.

*skriptis

Feb 28, 2019, 2:12:54 PM2/28/19
TennisGuy <TG...@hotmail.com> Wrote in message:
I don't see anything surprising there.
There's no independent judiciary.

E.g. in USA president doesn't tell supreme court justices how to
rule, but he picks them and picks those to rule the way he would
rule.

Justice is blind, like that statue shows. And blind persons are
always guided. ;)

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Sawfish

Feb 28, 2019, 2:32:04 PM2/28/19
I think you have a point, but it's more like the candidates for the
SCOTUS are NOT LIKELY to run a certain way on cases that come before
them, rather than THEY ARE LIKELY to decide a certain way. This is to
say that Kavanaugh is NOT LIKELY to support late term abortion, if it
comes before the SCOTUS.

It is also good to consider that in many cases, the president does not
really give a rat's ass about the decisions, but he basically *sells*
the nomination to legislators whose constituents DO CARE; he names a
candidate who a key senator wants because either his broad constituency
likes the idea of this candidate on the court (Scolia on the 2nd was an
example), or his donors want a particular candidate, so as to advance
their agendas--the Citizens United case is an example.

Last, the justices sometimes "go rogue" and do not rule as expected.
David Souter, a Bush I appointee, is  great example, and more recently,
John Roberts is leaning toward more progressive interpretations than his
sponsor (Bush II) probably would like.

--
--Sawfish
"Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think."

Calimero

Feb 28, 2019, 2:48:59 PM2/28/19
They won't bring this on CNN. Since Trudeau is a liberal icon.
Better concentrate on Netanyahu from Israel, who is a bad corrupt conservative Jew.

Max

*skriptis

Feb 28, 2019, 3:08:24 PM2/28/19
Calimero <calim...@gmx.de> Wrote in message:
He sounds very conservative. ;)

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20180903-netanyahu-echoes-hitler
-weak-slaughtered-strong-survive/

The Doctor

Feb 28, 2019, 7:24:15 PM2/28/19
Only Canadians know of this!
Be charitable before wealth makes thee covetous. -Sir Thomas Browne

The Iceberg

Feb 28, 2019, 7:59:41 PM2/28/19
yes explains why there's ZERO coverage over here on the BBC etc. much like with Jussie Smollet, he was last page news over here. Trudeau is their hero.

The Iceberg

Feb 28, 2019, 8:01:13 PM2/28/19
thanks TG! will read more about this. Poor joh and Pelle will be very upset by all this as they both love Trudeau.