Probably the best song on the album but unjustly ignored?

1 view

Raja, The Great

Apr 13, 2011, 2:36:12 PM4/13/11
Report not abuse
None for the Beatles, I think...

Aftermath - High and Dry
Whos Next - Love Aint for Keeping
Led Zeppelin I - Your Time is Gonna Come
Led Zeppelin II - What is And What Should Never Be
Led Zeppelin III - Gallows Pole
Led Zeppelin IV - Misty Mountain Hop
Physical Graffiti - Ten Years Gone
In Through The Out Door - Fool In The Rain
The Piper At The Gates of Dawn - Lucifer Sam
The Dark Side Of the Moon - Any Colour You Like
Relayer - To Be Over
Back in Black - Shake a Leg
Paranoid - Hand of Doom
Red - Fallen Angel

Any other examples?

uly...@mscomm.com

Apr 13, 2011, 3:02:49 PM4/13/11
Across the Universe on "Let it Be" (only the Spector version, not
"Naked" )

For No One on "Revolver" (and this album has more great songs than any
other album in history)

------------
Queen:

Tie Your Mother Down on A Day at The Races

Don't Stop Me Now on Jazz

reilloc

Apr 13, 2011, 3:09:28 PM4/13/11
Report not abuse

"Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered," on Ella Fitzgerald's "Rogers and
Hart Songbook."

LNC

Court_1

Apr 13, 2011, 3:10:09 PM4/13/11
Report not abuse

I am sure there are a million if I think about it. One that comes to
mind is the album Reggatta de Blanc by the Police. Best song is Bring
on the Night imo.

Raja, The Great

Apr 13, 2011, 3:16:09 PM4/13/11
Report not abuse
On Apr 13, 2:02 pm, "ulys...@msomm.com" <ulys...@mscomm.com> wrote:
> Across the Universe on "Let it Be" (only the Spector version, not
> "Naked" )

Who said Across the Universe is ignored?

> For No One on "Revolver" (and this album has more great songs than any
> other album in history)

This is considered one of the best Macca songs by many
John Lennon said of the song, "One of my favourites of his—a nice
piece of work."[1]
.

> ------------
> Queen:
>
> Tie Your Mother Down on A Day at The Races

Yeah this is a great one.

Court_1

Apr 13, 2011, 3:28:02 PM4/13/11
Report not abuse
Another one I just thought of:

Album: Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. Song: She's the One (wasn't
ignored but other songs got much more play.)

I could think of a thousand probably. Why did you get me started on
this? I have work to do! ;)

Sakari Lund

Apr 13, 2011, 3:58:41 PM4/13/11
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:28:02 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
<Olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Another one I just thought of:
>
>Album: Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. Song: She's the One (wasn't
>ignored but other songs got much more play.)

I think "Born to Run" is the best album ever made, but I would rank
"She's the One" to #7 of the 8 songs in the album. So it is just right
that the others are played more.

Message has been deleted

Joe Ramirez

Apr 13, 2011, 4:33:15 PM4/13/11
Report not abuse
On Apr 13, 2:36 pm, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:

How could there be other examples? We've been led to believe by your
posts that no other albums have ever been recorded.

Superdave

Apr 13, 2011, 7:10:42 PM4/13/11
Report not abuse

RST Rockers - Paki on the Run

Court_1

Apr 13, 2011, 8:12:47 PM4/13/11
On Apr 13, 3:58 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:28:02 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
>
> <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Another one I just thought of:
>
> >Album: Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. Song: She's the One (wasn't
> >ignored but other songs got much more play.)
>
> I think "Born to Run" is the best album ever made, but I would rank
> "She's the One" to #7 of the 8 songs in the album. So it is just right
> that the others are played more.

Can't agree with you there. I think it is one of the most underrated
songs on that album. Another one on that album that is underrated is
Night imo.

As much as I like the Born to Run album, I always had an affinity to
Darkness on the Edge of Town.

Raja, The Great

Apr 13, 2011, 8:14:19 PM4/13/11

Even if I posted a list of 1000 albums, you would say the same thing.

Court_1

Apr 13, 2011, 8:16:47 PM4/13/11
> Even if I posted a list of 1000 albums, you would say the same thing.- Hide quoted text -

There are soooo many great albums and so many overlooked songs. If you
really think about it, it can be endless.

Raja, The Great

Apr 13, 2011, 8:21:26 PM4/13/11

Yes, you are right.

Court_1

Apr 13, 2011, 8:41:41 PM4/13/11
> Yes, you are right.- Hide quoted text -

How about Fleetwood Mac Rumours? Every song is gold on that one IMO.
Hard to beat that album.

Raja, The Great

Apr 13, 2011, 9:09:44 PM4/13/11

I like that album.

bob

Apr 13, 2011, 10:44:16 PM4/13/11

when i was 15 i thought born to run was great too. then i began to
appreciate better music. :-)

bob

TT

Apr 14, 2011, 1:13:46 AM4/14/11

Lady Gaga and Police?

Jens Meister

Apr 14, 2011, 3:53:51 AM4/14/11

"Raja, The Shortdick" schrieb

> Any other examples?

90125 - Owner of a lonely heart

Raja, The Great

Apr 14, 2011, 9:55:24 AM4/14/11
On Apr 13, 9:44 pm, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:58:41 +0300, Sakari Lund

LOL

Raja, The Great

Apr 14, 2011, 9:56:10 AM4/14/11

WTF? That is the most recognized song on the album.

Jens Meister

Apr 14, 2011, 10:45:46 AM4/14/11

"Raja, The Great" schrieb

Best Album ever from Yes. Sadly it wasnt successfull.

Raja, The Great

Apr 14, 2011, 10:54:59 AM4/14/11

LOL... Sadly it was.

Sakari Lund

Apr 14, 2011, 11:28:50 AM4/14/11
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:12:47 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
<Olymp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Apr 13, 3:58 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:28:02 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
>>
>> <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >Another one I just thought of:
>>
>> >Album: Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. Song: She's the One (wasn't
>> >ignored but other songs got much more play.)
>>
>> I think "Born to Run" is the best album ever made, but I would rank
>> "She's the One" to #7 of the 8 songs in the album. So it is just right
>> that the others are played more.
>
>Can't agree with you there. I think it is one of the most underrated
>songs on that album. Another one on that album that is underrated is
>Night imo.

Songs from Born To Run from greatest to the least great:

1. Thunder Road
2. Backstreets
3. Born To Run
4. Jungleland
5. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
6. Night
7. She's The One
8. Meeting Across The River

>As much as I like the Born to Run album, I always had an affinity to
>Darkness on the Edge of Town.

It is a great album. I probably rank it his third best after Born To
Run and The River.

Everyone needs a Raja moment once...

Jens Meister

Apr 14, 2011, 11:36:35 AM4/14/11

"Raja, The Shortdick" schrieb

> >> 90125 - Owner of a lonely heart
> > WTF? That is the most recognized song on the album.
>
>> Best Album ever from Yes. Sadly it wasnt successfull.

> LOL... Sadly it was.

Sadly ur to dumb to get irony.

Court_1

Apr 14, 2011, 4:39:42 PM4/14/11

For sure. That song played every 5 minutes on the radio which was a
good thing because I liked the song. It was hugely popular.

Court_1

Apr 14, 2011, 4:49:01 PM4/14/11
On Apr 14, 11:28 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:12:47 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
>

> <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Apr 13, 3:58 pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

> >> I think "Born to Run" is the best album ever made, but I would rank
> >> "She's the One" to #7 of the 8 songs in the album. So it is just right
> >> that the others are played more.
>
> >Can't agree with you there. I think it is one of the most underrated
> >songs on that album. Another one on that album that is underrated is
> >Night imo.
>
> Songs from Born To Run from greatest to the least great:
>
> 1. Thunder Road
> 2. Backstreets
> 3. Born To Run
> 4. Jungleland
> 5. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
> 6. Night
> 7. She's The One
> 8. Meeting Across The River

I always loved She's the One and Night and would rank them higher.
Hard to know where to put them because the songs are all good on that
album. Like the rest of your ranking though. Agree weakest song is
Meeting Across the River.

Ricky

Apr 14, 2011, 5:56:07 PM4/14/11

"Jens Meister" <jens...@web.de> wrote in message

Raja doesn't get a lot of things. He does however have an endless supply of
stupid.

bob

Apr 14, 2011, 6:26:52 PM4/14/11

police maybe. lady gaga, nah.

bob

JJ (UK)

Apr 15, 2011, 6:29:24 PM4/15/11
>"Jens Meister" wrote in message news:90oika...@mid.individual.net...

>Sadly ur to dumb to get irony.

Those four messages were the funniest I've read in a long time!

JJ (UK)

stuth...@comcast.net

Apr 18, 2011, 4:37:34 PM4/18/11
On Apr 13, 2:36 pm, "Raja, The Great" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote: