Andy misses a putt ...

Pelle Svanslös

Apr 29, 2017, 10:08:44 AM4/29/17
... and loses the match. Hits an overheadable shot out with the FH and
Thiem wraps it up in the next point.

Saw the 3rd, best match on clay so far.

RaspingDrive

Apr 29, 2017, 10:51:46 AM4/29/17
Thiem thom thaam thara na na thillana! Just gibberish, looking forward to the Nadal vs Thiem duel.

RaspingDrive

May 1, 2017, 12:03:55 AM5/1/17
On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 10:08:44 AM UTC-4, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
What was Thiem's theme against Rafa? Disappointing to lose it 6-1 in the second.

Court_1

May 1, 2017, 12:54:20 AM5/1/17
Thiem is overrated. I've been saying that for a long while. He's the Simona Halep of the ATP.

Whisper

May 1, 2017, 6:52:31 AM5/1/17
You're spot on so far.

The Iceberg

May 1, 2017, 2:04:30 PM5/1/17
have you? thought it was only me! he's not so much as overrated, more he puts so much effort into that fh that he's totally knackered by the end of a tournament.

Court_1

May 1, 2017, 4:30:40 PM5/1/17
Knackered? He's 23! He shouldn't be knackered playing against 31 year old players in finals! At 23 he should be killing these old geezers and winning tournaments. This kid can't keep his focus in matches. He goes through periods where he can't find the court and overhits shot after shot. He's basically a dumb unpolished ball basher.

RaspingDrive

May 1, 2017, 5:03:26 PM5/1/17
He said in another post that Nadal is 'knackered'. When you consider he also said Nadal is 'out of sorts', you tend to come to the conclusion that 'out of sorts' means 'knackered'.

The Iceberg

May 1, 2017, 6:34:09 PM5/1/17
no, they're two different things.

The Iceberg

May 1, 2017, 6:34:53 PM5/1/17
I agree, but he puts so much into his shots that he gets tired.

Court_1

May 1, 2017, 7:23:32 PM5/1/17
Oh please! He doesn't put more into his shots than Nadal does and Nadal is 8 years older! The guy is just a stupid ball basher without any polish.