Rafa vs Foggi

Patrick Kehoe

Mar 31, 2017, 1:14:12 PM3/31/17
Both guys on a quest heading into this one... Rafa and Foggi have history... Rafa wants to further his status on his mini-comeback and Foggi must be desperate to FINALLY get to a Masters1000 final, which I don't believe he's ever done... at least I don't remember him ever having done so...

SO... passion and some emotion grit to spice this one up... Unless Foggi just folds (not unheard of) could be an interesting tilt!

Hope for a good one... GO Rafa... [Hoping for a Rafa-NickieK final... Feds has enough early season hardware :)]

Rafa and NickieK would be fireworks...

Jason White

Mar 31, 2017, 3:39:29 PM3/31/17
That would be a fun match. Nadal looks very hungry for this title. He might get back to his winning ways over Federer, if that final occurred. So Kyrgios in the final would spare certain fans of having to go through that. :P

Shakes

Mar 31, 2017, 3:46:02 PM3/31/17
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 12:39:29 PM UTC-7, Jason White wrote:

> That would be a fun match. Nadal looks very hungry for this title. He might get back to his winning ways over Federer, if that final occurred. So Kyrgios in the final would spare certain fans of having to go through that. :P

If Nadal does beat Fed in the F, I wouldn't be surprised. Fed must be pretty beat up by now and is ready for a loss. However I expect Kyrgios will beat Fed first for the same reason.

SliceAndDice

Mar 31, 2017, 4:09:53 PM3/31/17
Rafa's toughest opponent to the final has been...Kohlschrieber. Not sure if this cakewalk draw would give you an accurate indication of his "hunger".

I do admit that the conditions favor him in the absence of Djokovic.

Patrick Kehoe

Mar 31, 2017, 8:45:22 PM3/31/17
I agree... Rafa ready to get a Fed scalp, Foggi didn't force Rafa into the tank of energy reserves... the only worry is that he's not hitting many winners these days... Foggi littered up the scoresheet (UFE)... so, either Feds or Nickie will be a challenge, but, this is a really good look in for Rafa on this court, gritty, he'll get to a lot of balls and make it rough for whomever he plays...

Shakes

Mar 31, 2017, 10:35:22 PM3/31/17
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 5:45:22 PM UTC-7, Patrick Kehoe wrote:

> I agree... Rafa ready to get a Fed scalp, Foggi didn't force Rafa into the tank of energy reserves... the only worry is that he's not hitting many winners these days... Foggi littered up the scoresheet (UFE)... so, either Feds or Nickie will be a challenge, but, this is a really good look in for Rafa on this court, gritty, he'll get to a lot of balls and make it rough for whomever he plays...

A win at Miami would greatly help Nadal going into the clay court season on a high. Esp. if he beats Fed in the F on Sunday, it would help him a little in the mental department probably.

RaspingDrive

Mar 31, 2017, 10:39:58 PM3/31/17
You predicted a Fedal AO 2017 final. It happened. Here we go, for a second final. Federer avoided the miserable 8th moon (Chandrashtama) effect today. Super :)

RaspingDrive

Mar 31, 2017, 10:41:03 PM3/31/17
Go Fed. Beat Nadal once again :)

TT

Apr 1, 2017, 3:44:49 AM4/1/17
I agree.

Unfortunately I think Federer will win, he's playing his best currently
while Rafa is not quite there imo. And it's HC too, Rafa never won Miami...

Bettors give Fed 55% odds.

SliceAndDice

Apr 1, 2017, 6:51:10 PM4/1/17
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 10:35:22 PM UTC-4, Shakes wrote:
I think that Nadal's confidence going into the clay season is already very high, knowing that Djokovic is out of sorts at this moment. Who else can beat Nadal consistently on clay?

AZ

Apr 1, 2017, 7:20:57 PM4/1/17
Yep Nadal has milked the mini hc season in jan-march to its fullest. He is getting ready to sweep the clay season. If Fed wasn't in his way, it would have been a fantastic year already for Nadal. Could have won AO, IW and could probably even win Miami. This is the best possible comeback for him. Now it's going to get even better for him whereas Fed probably needs to take a break until Wimby.