Kvitova still to lose weight after delivery and all

soccerfan777

Jul 5, 2017, 9:34:08 PM7/5/17
Oops that was Azarenka.... so why is Kvitova fat then. And why did she lose to Brengle?

DavidW

Jul 5, 2017, 9:54:34 PM7/5/17
On 6/07/2017 11:34 AM, soccerfan777 wrote:
> Oops that was Azarenka.... so why is Kvitova fat then. And why did
> she lose to Brengle?

Wilted in the blazing British sun, apparently.

Court_1

Jul 5, 2017, 10:25:11 PM7/5/17
On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 9:34:08 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:
> Oops that was Azarenka.... so why is Kvitova fat then. And why did she lose to Brengle?

Can you shut up! Kvitova is lucky to be alive! She had trouble in the third set with stamina and the heat.

Re Azarenka, she looks more fit than ever. By the time the hardcourt season rolls around, Azarenka will be the favorite.

soccerfan777

Jul 5, 2017, 10:53:53 PM7/5/17
On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 9:25:11 PM UTC-5, Court_1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 9:34:08 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:
> > Oops that was Azarenka.... so why is Kvitova fat then. And why did she lose to Brengle?
>
> Can you shut up! Kvitova is lucky to be alive!

Your inner feminist is showing up here. It has nothing to do with her being fat. It is embarrassing for women's tennis that their top players are out of shape. She could have waited to get back into shape before making a comeback.

>She had trouble in the third set with stamina and the heat.

Because of that potbelly

> Re Azarenka, she looks more fit than ever. By the time the hardcourt season rolls around, Azarenka will be the favorite.

I have to see her play yet.

jdeluise

Jul 5, 2017, 11:11:21 PM7/5/17
On Wed, 05 Jul 2017 19:53:50 -0700, soccerfan777 wrote:

> It has nothing to do with her being fat. It is embarrassing for women's
> tennis that their top players are out of shape.

Fair enough although "Fat Dave" has a pretty good name around rst in
general.

Court_1

Jul 5, 2017, 11:21:56 PM7/5/17
On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 10:53:53 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:

> > Can you shut up! Kvitova is lucky to be alive!
>
> Your inner feminist is showing up here. It has nothing to do with her being fat. It is embarrassing for women's tennis that their top players are out of shape. She could have waited to get back into shape before making a comeback.

What about fat Jack Sock for men's tennis? Or how about all of the MEN retiring from matches at this Wimbledon, i.e Lopez, Klizan, Dolgo, etc. That's not embarrassing for men's tennis? *rolls eyes*

As for Kvitova waiting to get into shape before making a comeback, I think the fact that she didn't lose her life was incentive enough for her to want to come back early. She did win Birmingham after all. You are being very heartless about Kvitova's personal circumstances.

> >She had trouble in the third set with stamina and the heat.
>
> Because of that potbelly

What do you say when fat Sock has trouble with his stamina in long matches or when Dimitrov has trouble with stamina? I don't hear a peep out of you then.

Gracchus

Jul 6, 2017, 12:33:29 AM7/6/17
On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 8:21:56 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

> As for Kvitova waiting to get into shape before making a comeback, I think the fact that she didn't lose her life was incentive enough for her to want to come back early. She did win Birmingham after all. You are being very heartless about Kvitova's personal circumstances.

Yes, after what happened to her, she had good reason to wonder if she'd every play competitive tennis again. For her own morale, she was right to get back out there as soon as possible as long as she wasn't at risk of aggravating the injury. The very last of her concerns should be whether viewers think she looks fat.

Whisper

Jul 6, 2017, 10:05:19 AM7/6/17
On 6/07/2017 2:33 PM, Gracchus wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 8:21:56 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
>
>> As for Kvitova waiting to get into shape before making a comeback, I think the fact that she didn't lose her life was incentive enough for her to want to come back early. She did win Birmingham after all. You are being very heartless about Kvitova's personal circumstances.
>
> Yes, after what happened to her, she had good reason to wonder if she'd every play competitive tennis again.

'ever' play competitive tennis again.

---
http://www.avg.com

Gracchus

Jul 6, 2017, 10:46:06 AM7/6/17
On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 7:05:19 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
> On 6/07/2017 2:33 PM, Gracchus wrote:
> > On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 8:21:56 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
> >
> >> As for Kvitova waiting to get into shape before making a comeback, I think the fact that she didn't lose her life was incentive enough for her to want to come back early. She did win Birmingham after all. You are being very heartless about Kvitova's personal circumstances.
> >
> > Yes, after what happened to her, she had good reason to wonder if she'd every play competitive tennis again.

> 'ever' play competitive tennis again.

Good catch. You may be ready to receive your high school diploma :)

soccerfan777

Jul 6, 2017, 1:06:14 PM7/6/17
On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 10:21:56 PM UTC-5, Court_1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 10:53:53 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:
>
> > > Can you shut up! Kvitova is lucky to be alive!
> >
> > Your inner feminist is showing up here. It has nothing to do with her being fat. It is embarrassing for women's tennis that their top players are out of shape. She could have waited to get back into shape before making a comeback.
>
> What about fat Jack Sock for men's tennis? Or how about all of the MEN retiring from matches at this Wimbledon, i.e Lopez, Klizan, Dolgo, etc. That's not embarrassing for men's tennis? *rolls eyes*
>
> As for Kvitova waiting to get into shape before making a comeback, I think the fact that she didn't lose her life was incentive enough for her to want to come back early. She did win Birmingham after all. You are being very heartless about Kvitova's personal circumstances.

I am not being heartless. I feel sorry for what happened to her. But that has got nothing to do with her coming back while being out of shape.

> > >She had trouble in the third set with stamina and the heat.
> >
> > Because of that potbelly
>
> What do you say when fat Sock has trouble with his stamina in long matches or when Dimitrov has trouble with stamina? I don't hear a peep out of you then.

Who gives a shit about Sock? Did he win 2 Wimbledons and was he ever #1?

soccerfan777

Jul 6, 2017, 1:07:57 PM7/6/17
Pro tennis is serious business. She has to be in top shape if she wants to win Wimbledon again. Seems like you think she is using Wimbledon for practice and morale building. That is just not right... for the fans.

Gracchus

Jul 6, 2017, 1:45:22 PM7/6/17
As long as she gives 100% of what she's currently capable of, IMO there's nothing wrong with it at all. Real tennis fans know about the attack she experienced at have realistic expectations.

The only time I ever saw Jimmy Connors play live was in Miami late in his career when he was coming back from wrist surgery. A Russian nobody beat him easily. It was disappointing for me as a fan and spectator, but I didn't resent Connors for it. That was the natural first step in him returning to competitive play after targeted rehab and the practice court.

Sure, there are a lot more eyes on Kvitova because it's Wimbledon, but since that's where she's had the biggest wins of her life, what better place to rebuild confidence?

Court_1

Jul 6, 2017, 2:05:04 PM7/6/17
On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 1:06:14 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:

> I am not being heartless. I feel sorry for what happened to her. But that has got nothing to do with her coming back while being out of shape.

I don't think she's ever been in stellar shape. I think she has problems with asthma and the heat and it was very hot yesterday. She suffered a brutal attack and could have been killed. Give her a break! It's amazing she can function let alone win Birmingham a few months after that attack/surgery.

soccerfan777

Jul 6, 2017, 2:08:03 PM7/6/17
On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 1:05:04 PM UTC-5, Court_1 wrote:
> On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 1:06:14 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:
>
> > I am not being heartless. I feel sorry for what happened to her. But that has got nothing to do with her coming back while being out of shape.
>
> I don't think she's ever been in stellar shape. I think she has problems with asthma and the heat and it was very hot yesterday. She suffered a brutal attack and could have been killed. Give her a break! It's amazing she can function let alone win Birmingham a few months after that surgery.

How long does she want this break? For another 2 years? Like Monica?

Court_1

Jul 6, 2017, 2:19:35 PM7/6/17
What break? She played five months after the attack. Monica took two and a half years off. It's different for everybody but it's a traumatic thing to have happen and you shouldn't joke about it. Just like what happened to Venus is awful and could happen to anybody.

soccerfan777

Jul 6, 2017, 2:38:27 PM7/6/17
I am not joking about it. Where did you get the idea? This discussion is going nowhere

Whisper

Jul 7, 2017, 4:43:38 AM7/7/17
On 7/07/2017 3:45 AM, Gracchus wrote:
> On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 10:07:57 AM UTC-7, soccerfan777 wrote:
>>
>> Pro tennis is serious business. She has to be in top shape if she wants to win Wimbledon again. Seems like you think she is using Wimbledon for practice and morale building. That is just not right... for the fans.
>
> As long as she gives 100% of what she's currently capable of, IMO there's nothing wrong with it at all. Real tennis fans know about the attack she experienced at have realistic expectations.

Real tennis fans know about the attack she experienced 'and' have
realistic expectations.

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 7, 2017, 10:10:12 PM7/7/17
"Fat Dave"

:)))

[Goodness is that Elvis singing "Memories" in the background? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB9vueQO4k8]

RST Memories... :))

Brian W Lawrence

Jul 8, 2017, 6:58:19 AM7/8/17
On 06/07/2017 18:45, Gracchus wrote:

> The only time I ever saw Jimmy Connors play live was in Miami late in his career when he was
> coming back from wrist surgery. A Russian nobody beat him easily. It was disappointing for me
> as a fan and spectator, but I didn't resent Connors for it. That was the natural first step in
> him returning to competitive play after targeted rehab and the practice court.

I'm nitpicking perhaps - Connors had surgery on his wrist in Oct 1990. I
think his arm was in a cast until the end of Jan. He then played at Key
Biscayne in mid-March 1991, beating German Udo Riglewski 6-4, 6-4 in R1,
before losing to an Italian, Cristiano Carrati 4-6, 3-6 in R2.

Carrati was a quarterfinalist at the Australian Open earlier in 1991,
and reached the same stage in Miamai 1991. He never ranked higher than
148 in the world though.

Also, it seems that Connors played in Chicago at the end of Feb, losing
6-3, 6-0 to Jaime Yzaga,

Of course he may well have had wrist surgery at other times too, and
that is the comeback you recall.

---

Gracchus

Jul 8, 2017, 10:25:02 AM7/8/17
Yes, you are nitpicking. Leave my frayed memories intact please. ;)

What can I say? I definitely saw him play at Key Biscayne near the end of his career after wrist surgery and he lost in straight sets. I thought it was to a Russian nobody, but if it was an Italian nobody instead, so be it.

Since Connors' performance was so dismal, the only thing I remember about the match is a girl in the crowd shouting, "Let's go, Jimmy!" He shot back, "Where do you wanna go, baby?"

calim...@gmx.de

Jul 8, 2017, 11:10:42 AM7/8/17
On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 4:53:53 AM UTC+2, soccerfan777 wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 9:25:11 PM UTC-5, Court_1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 9:34:08 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:
> > > Oops that was Azarenka.... so why is Kvitova fat then. And why did she lose to Brengle?
> >
> > Can you shut up! Kvitova is lucky to be alive!
>
> Your inner feminist is showing up here. It has nothing to do with her being fat. ...

Stabbings can make players fat.

Max

soccerfan777

Jul 8, 2017, 12:08:52 PM7/8/17
lol. It almost never make a male player fat.